Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Is the DLC Valve promised coming anytime soon?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I distinctly remember Valve saying we'd be getting the long awaited third piece of DLC soon after the release of Portal 2... that was 2 damn months ago.

The DLC was meant to include one new campaign and was going to import all the L4D1 campaigns into L4D2.

I don't exactly play this game all that much these days, but I would really like a good reason to go back to it.

COME ON VALVE!

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Crixaliz

I checked around on forums about this a week ago.
    They had a beta going on the PC and it sounded like that the new campaign (which was a user created I think) was glitchy and kinda broken. So that might have delayed it.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3  Edited By spiceninja
    @Crixaliz: The new campaign has been in beta for a few months on PC. It's called Cold Stream. It sucks. It's way too difficult, even on the lower difficulty settings, and it's glitchy as hell. I don't understand why since it's been months since it came out. You'd think it would have been patched a few times already.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Nasos100

was the dlc supposed to be free?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iDarktread
    @Nasos100: Valve DLC has always been free.
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crixaliz
    @PlasmaBeam44: Yeah I read that new campaign isn't great, I have the 360 version so I never tried it out myself.
    They recently had some sort of achievement challenge to release one of the L4D1 missions early, which I think they managed. 
    Reading the info about that it seems that one of the remaining L4D1 missions has been balanced for L4D2 but there are two that still need to balanced (possibly a third if they decide to include the L4D1 DLC mission, which some people think might be included).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.