Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Okay... What the heck???

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I got this game last Christmas and looked forward to playing on it, especially the versus mode, which was my all time favourite mode from the first game. So I went to hop on and search for a game and it says that it cannot find any open games and reverts me to creating a lobby. I thought "Oh well, new game, a patch will come along and fix this" as apparently, quite a lot of people in my country (NZ) have this problem. The only way I could play with other players was if I joined them directly or lucked out and managed to get a game - this has only happened twice in the year I've had the game, the first a really laggy English gather game, and the second a survival game. 

I decided to revisit the game again these holidays and thought "Surely I'll be able to search and find some games". Nope! No luck! This is the only game that I cannot connect to any games - sure I'm not saying my connection is the best, but I can at least FIND games on other titles! And then they only lag badly every ten or so games. So my connection clearly isn't the problem. Could it be the game? Well I managed to get all the games I needed on Left 4 Dead 1 without a problem. Valve? I've played both Left 4 Dead 1 and Team Fortress 2 many many times online and never had a problem. In addition, I know for a fact that many NZ'rs hae experienced similar problems (it was in an online news review), but then again, I know several who don't have the same problems. 

So, what the hell is the problem??? It basically takes away 80% of the fun from the game! Can someone please explain to me why the game cannot find me a lobby considering all the above factors that prove I'm not a special case and am capable of finding games elsewhere? It's very frustrating! : (

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Maybe you need to forward some ports. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to find matches in only one game. Very odd. Move to Australia; maybe they have better internet there. :P

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpawnMan
    @JJWeatherman: I tried the whole port thing, so don't even get me started on that bloody stressful experience!! Omigosh, I did what everyone said, put the ports forward and it turned my connection to an open NAT for about 30 seconds, then I checked again and it had reverted back to moderate NAT later and all my settings had disappeared! Even though I know I saved everything! Computers/internet doesn't like me. However, it's never been a problem with my other games, or even my other Valve games, or even the first Left 4 Dead game! So... again... can anyone tell me why??? What is different in the servers/online play between Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 that means I cannot find a game???
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnMan

Or not... : (

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.