Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Which L4D2 campaign is your favorite?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By End_Boss

Just curious as to which of L4D2's campaigns Giant Bomb finds more appealing, and why.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Farley_Lives

Dark Carnival, mostly due thing like fighting trough a tunnel of love, to running on a roller-coaster to the rock concert finale. The campaign stands out to me because of how fun each moment is.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

I like all of them, but I'd have to say Hard Rain wins for the amazing weather effects, and the difficulty that comes with them. Swamp Fever is a little too swampy, for me.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mthe1337one

really digging dark carnival.  the endless horde moments in that campaign are pretty awesome (roller coaster and waiting for sliding gates to open in the chapter just before the finale)
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    @mthe1337one said:
    " really digging dark carnival.  the endless horde moments in that campaign are pretty awesome (roller coaster and waiting for sliding gates to open in the chapter just before the finale) "
    Man, that bit with the sliding gates spells fucking doom for PUGs... I don't know how many times random groups I've been in have been overwhelmed there.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

I'm surprised noone voted for Dead Center...  I voted for Dark Carnival.  The minigames & extras are just great.  I thought Dead Center was the best looking campaign, and the mall is obviously iconic zombie stuff...

Hard Rain is obviously all about the rain, but early on it just sucks IMO.  The part with all the witches does nothing at all for me.  Too much boring crap in that area until later.

Parish has some cool moments, but I thought some of the areas had really bad level design.  It says a lot about Swamp that I played through it but can barely remember any of it.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mthe1337one

@Diamond said:

"I'm surprised noone voted for Dead Center...  I voted for Dark Carnival.  The minigames & extras are just great.  I thought Dead Center was the best looking campaign, and the mall is obviously iconic zombie stuff...  Hard Rain is obviously all about the rain, but early on it just sucks IMO.  The part with all the witches does nothing at all for me.  Too much boring crap in that area until later.  Parish has some cool moments, but I thought some of the areas had really bad level design.  It says a lot about Swamp that I played through it but can barely remember any of it. "

good point.  gotta love the mall aesthetic and throwback to zombie movie.  plus it's a great introduction to new-comers about the scavenge mode.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By triple07
    @Farley_Lives said:
    " Dark Carnival, mostly due thing like fighting trough a tunnel of love, to running on a roller-coaster to the rock concert finale. The campaign stands out to me because of how fun each moment is. "
    this.
    gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By gold_n_eye

It's a tie between Dark Carnival and Heavy Rain. The reason I chose Heavy Rain is because of the amazing weather effects that occur halfway through the mission, but the earlier part of this mission is not that exciting. Seriously, when the rain start pouring down and the wind picks up, you actually see bit and pieces of the environment detach and fly away. The fact that the visibility is reduced to zero makes the mission even harder. 

What gives Dark Carnival the edge over Heavy Rain is the fact that the entire level is fun and exciting.

carlos2286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By carlos2286
    @gold_n_eye said:
    " It's a tie between Dark Carnival and Heavy Rain. The reason I chose Heavy Rain is because of the amazing weather effects that occur halfway through the mission, but the earlier part of this mission is not that exciting. Seriously, when the rain start pouring down and the wind picks up, you actually see bit and pieces of the environment detach and fly away. The fact that the visibility is reduced to zero makes the mission even harder.  What gives Dark Carnival the edge over Heavy Rain is the fact that the entire level is fun and exciting. "
    I agree, dark carnival has the most fun moments making it my favorite campaign (also there are katanas), but heavy rain is a very close second place in my heart, the witch infested mill and the weather effects are just great but i must admit its not my favorite because it has sooo many tense moments that just left me kind a exhausted but wanting more.
    NubMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NubMonk

Its really hard to choose. I'll say that i HATE Swamp Fever and The Parish. Maybe not The Parish as much as SF but i still dislike both. I like Dead Center because all of the events like the gun shop and the final one are really fun. I like the Dark Carnival because of MUSTACHIO and the Midnight Riders, and i like Hard Rain because its just so different from everything else. I think its really cool going through the level and seeing the rain get harder, and then backtracking when stuff gets really crazy.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Castro

The only two that really stand out for me are Dark Carnival and Hard Rain. I certainly appreciate Dark Carnival for the variety that it gives. The rollercoaster and rollercoaster part in Dark Carnival are both great. I recall doing the last portion of Dark Carnival once, but only once. Since then, we've started playing on advanced and can't get past the turnstiles leading to the stage portion.

Yeah, Dark Carnival is awesome but I have to say that Hard Rain is easily my favorite. The first time you open the door and see the sugar cane field was awesome. THEN, when you get to the halfway point and have to leave with the gas and the frickin' storm is happening? Mind blowing! The whole Hard Rain campaign is kind of a one note thing compared to Dark Carnival which has lots of variety, but that's a great note. Also, witches. There are lots of witches.

Also, I'm new to the whole Left 4 Dead thing. I have it on good authority that you can "crown" a witch to kill her instantly. It's my understanding that you just have to kill her with a headshot before she's startled and she'll die in one blow? Is this true? Earlier tonight, my friends tried on four occasions to pull this off and it didn't happen. Do you have to shoot her in the forehead or in the back of the head?

Also, Hard Rain.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Whisperkill

Swamp Fever and Dark Carnival are not good in my opinion, id say The Parish
    Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Moztacular

Dark Carnival is probably the popular favorite, but I really enjoy swamp fever. I love all the cabins, shacks, and little boardwalks you get to explore as you go. The plantation house is pretty awesome, though the finale itself is pretty wrote. That said, I do love the final run to the getaway boat, had a couple of exciting dashes with tanks and zombies right behind.

Galactica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Galactica

That's a hard one. I love Dark Carnival for it's silliness but I love Swamp Fever for the finale. Hard Rain is nothing to be because my computer is so horrible I can't see anything.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meltac

I voted Dark Carnival, because it's pretty different and unique, but I like allmost all of them, except for Swamp Fever. That one didn't do that much for me, and some of the levels in that one was just boring.

Killz2much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killz2much

I would have to say Hard Rain because of it's unique style compared to the others.

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Skillface

Am I the only one who finds Swamp Fever way too rough? Two tanks at once on Advanced is just a complete bitch for any team I'm with, apparently. It's the only one I haven't finished yet, and I've had the game for a few weeks now.

Favourite is definitely Hard Rain, atmospheric as hell.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

I dig The Parish.  There's just something about all the chaos in the middle of the day, this apocalypse being brightly lit.  It just feels right.  Also, the bridge.  Oh, the bridge.  Trying that on Expert is fucking HOSTILE!  lol 

If we're talking about Scavenge mode, though... 

...I'll pick the Mall Atrium from Dead Center.  Why?  Well, because my team wins round 1...then we head to the third floor and jump off the side to kill ourselves in round 2...then we run a 16 can cap on the other team and make everyone ragequit like little bitches.  It's fucking great.  The Motel from Dark Carnival is damn fun as well.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By EpicSteve

Hard Rain by far. The environmental obstacles were new and awesome.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By lumley

I'd say Dark Carnival for all the mini-games.. and the gnome!
    However, I did really like Hard Rain for it's layout of going back on yourself

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By ZenaxPure

Can't pick one, I really can't. Aside from Swamp Fever (which while I don't think it is bad, it not exciting) all the campaigns have parts I love. The finale of Dead Center, the theme of Dark Carnival, the concept of revisiting levels and saving supplies of Hard Rain, and then the lovely southern "feel" of the Parish. Such great stuff in the campaigns.

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monkeyroach

Hard rain realism expert  GOTY all years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.