Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 11, 2003

The final chapter in the Legacy of Kain series, this game follows the adventures of Kain and Raziel in their struggles to save Nosgoth from an ancient enemy.

Should I Play/Watch Someone Play the Previous Games to...

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spike94

...fully enjoy this one? Or to even before I play it at all? Thanks to all those who read/respond/so forth, and good day everybody. 
    I'll see you...on the internet! Gaaame on! But yeah...peace fellow GBers.
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By defaulttag
    @Spike94: The story in this series is fairly complex. There's time traveling going on and changing fate. I recommend playing Soul Reaver 1 and 2 then Defiance. Blood Omen is not that important, and you can just google 'legacy of kain wiki' and do fine with the backstory for the blood omen games. If you decide to just read up on the Soul Reaver games, that works too. But those 2 games are what many would call the best of the series. Defiance was good, but was not critically acclaimed as the 2 Soul Reaver games that came before it. What system are you playing this on? PS2, XBOX1, PC? I know PS3 has Soul Reaver 1 on PSN. Soul Reaver 2 came out for PS2 and PC only though, so no way to get it on Xbox.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269
    @Spike94: Jesus doesn't like that you stole his avatar pic.
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spike94
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @Spike94: Jesus doesn't like that you stole his avatar pic. "
    B-but mine has Jesus with a guitar! And I chose that pic before I saw the user whose named after my Savior. ;) 

@defaulttag said:
    "@Spike94: The story in this series is fairly complex. There's time traveling going on and changing fate. I recommend playing Soul Reaver 1 and 2 then Defiance. Blood Omen is not that important, and you can just google 'legacy of kain wiki' and do fine with the backstory for the blood omen games. If you decide to just read up on the Soul Reaver games, that works too. But those 2 games are what many would call the best of the series. Defiance was good, but was not critically acclaimed as the 2 Soul Reaver games that came before it. "

Ah, thank you and yes, I've heard that about Defiance and SR 1 and 2. I'll watch playthroughs of the Soul Reaver games possibly and read up on Blood Omen. Thanks man.
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spike94
    @defaulttag:
    Ah, and I have a PS3 that is backwards compatible with PS2 games. Yes, SR1 is on PSN, that's right...saving my money though. Again, might just check out some playthroughs. Thanks again man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.