Requesting Screenshots for Review

#1 Posted by MikeLemmer (546 posts) -

I'm writing a review for Legends of Grimrock. However, it's awkward taking screenshots in the GOG version of it. Is anyone willing to take some screenshots on various floors of the game for it?

#2 Posted by Karkarov (3056 posts) -

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor? You can always use the official screenshots on their site too. If you are REALLY desperate send me a pm later and I can get some for you while I do my let's play captures.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14724 posts) -

If you want access to tons of materials and you work/blog for a site go sign up at http://gamespress.com/ they will give you access to all sorts of official resources such as screen shots and even PR contacts for companies. I do believe however you need to work/blog for a website to be able to sign up.

#4 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -

Doesn't FRAPS have screenshot capabilities?

#5 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

You'll have to use something like FRAPS to take screenshots. Print screen results in a blank black screen.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor?

Or let Steam capture screenshots for you? Or read the manual to see if there's a shortcut for just this thing?

#7 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -

You also don't need to own a copy on Steam. You could always add it as a shortcut to launch through steam. Should be able to take screencaps that way.

#8 Posted by MikeLemmer (546 posts) -

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

You also don't need to own a copy on Steam. You could always add it as a shortcut to launch through steam. Should be able to take screencaps that way.

Good idea, I'll try that out.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Karkarov said:

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor?

Or let Steam capture screenshots for you? Or read the manual to see if there's a shortcut for just this thing?

I bought it off GOG, not Steam. And I read the manual; didn't see any Screenshot Capture key in it.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeLemmer:

Some GOG games will work with Steam, in that regard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.