So is this game Mass Effect 3?

#1 Posted by Evercaptor (391 posts) -

Going from the little information on the wiki is feels like it. It's a great hook for a story, I think, although the Fallout route where you can forget about it and do whatever would also be kinda fun to see.

I hope the devs are ready to buckle under the pressure of hundreds of thousand whiners who mistakenly believe that because the story isn't EXACTLY to their specifications that they are god-kings of professional writing and must be appeased.

#2 Posted by celegorm_menegroth (63 posts) -

Um ... the story?

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

40 bucks? No thanks.

#4 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

It's not an RPG, it's a 4X style RTS, so I don't really see the similarities.

Also, I don't think anyone wanted the end of ME3's story to fit exactly to their specifications. We just didn't want a complete failure of an attempt at a high concept idea, that didn't remotely fit in with the previous themes of the game and asked more questions than it answered. It doesn't take a genius writer to see that, and for the end of a series, it was just piss poor and provided no closure or even a reason to continue caring about the series. They didn't change it to appease the fans, but so the series wouldn't be considered a complete joke (and so they can actually continue to make sequels).

#5 Edited by ExitDose (89 posts) -

You sound like those hecklers that Jamie Kennedy interviews in Heckler. "We're just trying to make you better."

#6 Posted by BaneFireLord (2925 posts) -

Can we stop bringing up the goddam Mass Effect 3 ending already?

#7 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

AGREED!

#8 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Zripwud said:

@BaneFireLord said:

AGREED!

Double Agreed.

#9 Posted by SarjuTheRapper (279 posts) -

hey guys space exploration - its like another mass effect amirite?

#10 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

@Zripwud said:

@BaneFireLord said:

AGREED!

Double Agreed.

So... How about that Mass Effect 3 ending?

#11 Posted by Deusoma (3005 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind: Would you mind if I just copied this paragraph and sent it around? You summed up the problems with that ending very succinctly, props to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.