Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Let It Die

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 03, 2016

A free-to-play souls-like ARPG with roguelike elements, developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and published by Gung-Ho Entertainment for the PlayStation 4.

Impressions and Tips to Offer

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@freetacos: I started kinda the same way but I would just go on until you get to the first mid boss, i think online opens up and you will be able to upgrade your money and player cap etc. I believe blueprints spawn on both level 2 and 3 or maybe just level 3 but you will need to start building those asap, maybe wait until you at least have a full set of armor to build before taking on the boss? But yeah there really is no one way to do it, just remember your players aren't all that important especially early on. I use mainly melee as well but I realize i need some guns now though.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@freetacos: My advice would be to take one of your characters and push as far as you can up the tower while activating elevators along the way. Remember: it's okay to die sometimes. The game expects it to a certain degree. You aren't going to get very far without taking that risk. At least try to get through level 3. Like you said, not only does it unlock the TDM stuff, but you run into your first sub-boss and extra classes.

freetacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrroach

@mindbullet

@oursin_360

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I haven't played a ton of rogue-like and/or perma-death games before so I think i'm just chicken to explore too far in fear of my fighters dying but that's the point of this game I guess.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By biggiedubs

I think the main tip I have is do not underestimate just how powerful Crushshrooms and Shieldshrooms are, especially the Crushshrooms. Eat it when you see the incredibly obvious looking boss area and chances are you'll just chew through the boss.

I have a question for those a bit further though: is everyone just a glass cannon in this game? I feel like at the floors I'm on, things can kill me in two shots and I can kill them in two or three shots too. It's really coming down to whoever hits who first, which can be incredibly frustrating sometimes.

Is the trick just to take multiple sets of armour and swap them as soon as they degrade? Or do you need to farm until you've got some decent stuff?

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freetacos: Don't worry about deaths so early on since the salvage costs are pretty low on those early floors, plus it's easy to level a new fighter to max strength by beating the first mid-boss a few times. Also, don't ignore the Fireworks launcher early on since once you start mastering it, it gets a nice DoT effect by sticking onto enemies, so it's pretty good for early floors. The Iron is another weapon that begins to shine once you level up its mastery.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I'm not liking the climb quests so far as the game mostly doesn't agree that i did all the quest goals, so i end up with no reward and on empty floor.

Is there a way to know that i failed in a quest somehow? Because this is bugging me.

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not liking the climb quests so far as the game mostly doesn't agree that i did all the quest goals, so i end up with no reward and on empty floor.

Is there a way to know that i failed in a quest somehow? Because this is bugging me.

I stopped trying to do them after reading that apparently if a hater kills one of the AI guys, you have to start all over since you have to be the one to get the last hit on all enemies.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@mikerd: Even worse it seems that players on the internet are reporting that completing a quest while climbing will make the climb quest fail automatically.

Update: I have completed a climb Quest from the first try while also completing 2 quests on my way up. I guess that they have addressed this issue with the new update.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is pretty damn great.

• To get early freezer and bank upgrades you can just raid people. Getting the 10k blue currency that way is pretty trivial in the early game. Just make sure you're using a leveled up character with good weapons and armor but don't gamble your best character either.
    • Spend all your money and blue currency before logging off. The mushroom stew is a very good way to burn 50k$. I got really lucky with the 2 permanent stickers I got out of it (gymnast and a 2 star sticker that buffs attack and defense by 7% on a specific type of gear).
    • I think defending is only worthwhile if you have prisoners. My guess is that if you plan on stealing characters from people you should empty all currency out of your banks and stack your base with defenders armed to the teeth. Hockey stick seems like a very good weapon for your AI defenders since people don't expect that range (at least I didn't when I encountered my first hater wielding one)
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @mikerd said:
    @giant_gamer said:

I stopped trying to do them after reading that apparently if a hater kills one of the AI guys, you have to start all over since you have to be the one to get the last hit on all enemies.

Ah, I was wondering why the quests I've been trying today weren't working, I guess it's this. I've done the first floor naked without dodging like three times now and it never accepts it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even worse it seems that players on the internet are reporting that completing a quest while climbing will make the climb quest fail automatically.

Update: I have completed a climb Quest from the first try while also completing 2 quests on my way up. I guess that they have addressed this issue with the new update.

Ah, I was wondering why the quests I've been trying today weren't working, I guess it's this. I've done the first floor naked without dodging like three times now and it never accepts it.

So are they working or not? I don't want to lose any more time trying to do these quests if they're bugged or if a random hater can fuck the whole thing up without me even being there. Follow up question: when they say go from floor x to floor y, do you need to clear y or just make it there clearing everything on the way?

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer said:

Even worse it seems that players on the internet are reporting that completing a quest while climbing will make the climb quest fail automatically.

@gunslingerpanda said:

So are they working or not? I don't want to lose any more time trying to do these quests if they're bugged or if a random hater can fuck the whole thing up without me even being there. Follow up question: when they say go from floor x to floor y, do you need to clear y or just make it there clearing everything on the way?

Well, I took two quests: Get from the first floor to the second floor without dodging, and get from the first floor to the second floor without armour. I've run through naked without dodging three times now, from the lobby elevator to the second floor, and it hasn't worked. Can't say whether or not they've fixed any particular issue but there's definitely something funky stopping me from completing those particular quests.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By OurSin_360

@gunslingerpanda: you have to beat both floors without dodging etc i believe. I have yet to complete one myself though.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: you have to beat both floors without dodging etc i believe. I have yet to complete one myself though.

So it's just worded terribly then? Says "Climb from Ikegara to Imokawa-cho" which kind of says I just have to REACH the second floor.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By OurSin_360

@gunslingerpanda: yeah i think so, probably a slight mistranslation but i am not 100%. I will try again today if it has actually been patched.

*edit* Nope still broken :-(

Funny they are the only quests to give you death metals too smh

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: Yeah, you have to clear every floor you come across including point a and b.

I have done it a couple of times now and i always get the quest completion pop up when i clear the destination floor.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Thanks for clearing that up.

During my last run haters were standing still so they most likely didn't kill any of the other enemies.

So, i think it's almost 100% that haters are the reason for failing these missions.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo that lifeshroom seems kind of OP. Is the bug you get it from rare or something? I got 2 on my first run through lvl 11

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Man, I need to get back on this game. The new season of League, for some reason, has me by the nutsack.

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Not really that rare, some of the boss rooms will even have 1 or 2 crawling around sometimes.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do special mushrooms grow out of golden animals?

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Golden versions of the shrooms you get from non golden animals, they have boosted stats. Killing the golden animals gives you the same xp as eating them.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Rich666

I waited a while to weigh in on this game because I was waiting for that f2p moment to hit. At first I was really enjoying it. The difficulty curve was fair and the grind wasn't too bad. The humor and tone made up for a lot of the games graphical and mechanical shortcomings, the weapon progression and underlying systems were all interesting and the strange clone-like nature of the fighters you control was fitting with the world the game was set in. The game really had me intrigued... This was until I got to the 23rd floor. Then I saw where the pay-wall came in to play. The ramp up from 22-23 is almost double and they start sending tier 4 haters into your game even though you can't buy them until floor 25. I finally beat the boss on 23 only to find that the climb from 24-25 to be even worse than that of 21-23. Not only that, you have to survive on the resources you have left over after defeating a boss that easily has 10x the health and attack of his previous iteration. I usually enjoy difficult games, but this seems outright malicious on the developers part. I'm not one to give up on a difficult game, but I think i'm kinda done with this game. At least I didn't put any money into it.

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich666: The boss at 23 is the point where you have to have your weapons upgraded as much as you can and start abusing the mushrooms for max damage. The next version of Jin die at F26 is even worse if you go unprepared.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich666: This is definitely not a game that you can rush. Take your time with upgrading your weapons and armor to prepare your character for tougher enemies.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is blue metal a scam? I'm on lvl 16 and my stash is full of this crap. I have yet to use a single one. Everything requires scratch metal or green metal.

On an other note: the poison eater sticker is damn good. I was extremely lucky and got a premium version trough the mushroom stew. With it you can just carry a single snail and when you need healing you just throw it on the ground, wait a bit and breath in the poison. It gives you health regen for a solide 30 seconds to a minute. Fills p the full health bar every time. It's crazy good

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Thanks for this, it's helping me in my first two hours where I'm just going "WTF?" all the time.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAN the boss on lvl 23 is savage. Any tips on what I should spec for to beat him? After burning 2 brand new weapons and maybe 3 death metals on him he was still at 10-20% HP. No way I was going to keep burning death metals to finish him off with my fists. Here I go leveling another 3 star character from scratch.

Pro tip: when you get to the elevator on floor 23 don't go for the boss until you are absolutely 100% ready. That means you have practiced on the previous version (floor 11) a bunch with underleveled characters and weapons, that you have like 4 brand new weapons and a full +4 tier 2 armor set, you are on a 3 star striker character fully leveled and have a bunch of mushrooms. I would equate fighting him to fighting the one on floor 11 with tier one weapons and a one star character, but harder.

Does he have specific weaknesses? it seems like my sword was doing little damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got into this game and have been using the tips here a lot, so thank you all! Really digging Let it Die and have been kinda obsessed by it. Just beat floor 20 boss and moved onto the 3rd zone.

From what I read here, I've now hit the farming stage? The big boss on 20 seemed to have so much health, and while it didn't really hurt, it took forever just to kill it, and y'all make the floor 23 miniboss sound scaryyyy. So is my best course of action now to farm for materials and get some nice weapons/armor leveled high?

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I read how difficult goto was so I made sure i had an upgraded weapon when i got to him. I think i had a welding gun +4 which only takes 4 d.o.d black metals which you can farm from the gold chest on floor 22 kawabe. I used a stingshroom and a slowshroom and he died in about 4-5 shots. With more slowshrooms I'm sure you could do it with just a normal welding gun (that thing is powerful). At the very least you want a tier 3 weapon. Upgrading your gear in this game makes a *huge* difference and that is really the wall you run into at certain parts of the game.

I have 2 bosses left and from my experience you can pretty much outgear everything. If you are having trouble, it means your gear probably isn't where it should be. Dieing matters a whole lot more after floor 20 so you have to be prepared when you are going to fight a new boss. It's really not the game getting more savage by having stronger mobs later on, the game gets more savage by making you grind way more and having everything cost wayyy more coins.

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Yeah I have this same issue, they are cluttering up my storage but I don't want to just trash them but I have no idea what needs blue...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@radish: I found a nail gun blueprint that requires DOD blue but nothing else. I would hold on to a few but scratch metal, bullet metal and green metal are way more in demand

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Are you boosting your damage with a cooked scorpion shroom? When he turns red, you can toss a shroom at the ground which will cause him to eat it then slam into a wall and allow you to get free hits in. When he gets to low health he has this rolling attack that he does 3 times in a row, you can dodge by sprinting to the sides.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found a tier 2 secret shop. It was selling an ensemble armor blueprint I wanted. Didn't have the money so I farmed 60k, came back to the exact same spot, gone. Fuck this game sometimes. How come I can't even find the stats for gear online? What the hell internet? This game has been out for weeks

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone on here have a part of the Barret Punisher set? I think you can find a pants blueprint between 11 and 20. I was trying to buy the chest blueprint but the vendor disappeared. Can anyone tell me the resistances on it? I want to know if it's a worth it to grind for another 60k for the chest blueprint or if it's another ensemble set with bad resistances. I really want a good ensemble set since I got a premium ensemble gear sticker. If this one didn't tank blunt and/or slash resistances that would be swell.

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I have the helmet and chest, the chest has - 9 to both slash and blunt, +13 to bullets, +5 to fire and poison, and -5 to lighting. most of the war ensemble is either 0 or negative on both slash and blunt while having good def against guns. The 4 or 5 star version is all black with a skull in the middle. The candle sets have good defenses to slash, with milk having good against blunt, though with the other 2 stats always being either 0 or neg.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

MAN the boss on lvl 23 is savage. Any tips on what I should spec for to beat him?

Steel Axe w/ mastery level 20, Cloak mushroom or Slow mushroom, Stingshroom (from killing Scorpions), Infinite Stamina shroom, and a maxed out Grade 3 character. Makes it fairly easy. Having a Lifeshroom (from killing pillbugs) helps if your duration times run out on any of those. Stingshroom is the most important, as it increases your attack by 120%.

I'll be honest: past floor 23, abusing those mushrooms is HUGE.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, this game's pretty cool. We'll see how much the grindiness detracts from it over time. I fought one of @yi_orange's hunters randomly.

Also enemy hunters having guns is kind of entertaining.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Can someone tell me if the combat is as stiff and awful as it seems, or am I missing something? It seems like a really great set of features and ideas surrounding a weak core.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By OurSin_360

@peacebrother: Just try it out, most you will waste is some bandwidth. It was awkward at first but then got real fun after a while, it's not complex at all but has some nuance that can lead to getting fucked up real quick.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By pyrodactyl

Ok, made it to floor 25. I got two 4 star characters now and they wreck fools. Still got a few questions for the crazy people still ahead of me:

1. So the tier 3 upgrade system relies on you making the run from floor 21 to floor 22 and back over and over again? I already did the run a bunch of times to get the first level of the fire sword and the first level of the saber. Am I really suppose to keep doing the same run if I want to upgrade those weapons or if I want decent armor? If so I wonder who thought that was a good way to design a game...
    2. Is the welding gun blueprint a random drop in the 20s. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I got very few weapon blueprints out of the 20s and no welding gun
    3. How good is the fire wand? Got that one a while back from an Uncle package. Does it scale off of dex?
    Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: What I ended up doing was just leveling up my one welding gun and nothing else. I used that to kill bosses, and my red hot iron+ +4 and a saber to kill normal trash mobs. Welding gun blueprint drops in the 20s but I'm sure you can do fine with either longsword or saber.

It worked fine until i got to floor 31 and oooo boy. I died with 4 of my characters at that point, but my armor was only tier 1 +4 so that didn't help. I managed to kill my haters (you just can't afford to res them at this point) and very slowly crawl my way up and eventually kill the 34 boss. I think I spent about 5 death metals here and almost ran out. You should do what I didn't do and grab the pork chopper or masamune blueprint and upgrade them. They are both fairly common blueprints in the 30s. I also didn't check if there were quests for red metals to upgrade to tier 4 weapons beforehand (they were definitely there after, if not before).

If you can make it to floor 35 for tier 5 fighters the rest of the game is smooth sailing from that point. A tier 5 striker has over 10k hp and you can farm bosses for red/black metals at this point (goes wayyy faster than farming that damn chest). With tier 4 masamune +4 and tier 4 armor I can pretty much stroll up to any boss at this point and smash them without much skill needed.

Also the fire wand scales off dex but is not very good. The only thing it's good at is putting on your defenders in your base to destroy peoples armor, which admittedly is kind of hilarious. Actually it might be one of the better weapons for your base defenders/haters for a shooter class.

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: F28 has 2 rooms that have a chest with metal.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@pyrodactyl: i got 4x welding gun blueprints in floor <10 at the same run.

The key for high ranked drops is the collector class.

Correction: they were glinty magnum blueprints

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first attempt vs Goto-9:

Loading Video...

Incidentally I've never seen a cloak shroom, is there something special about them other than rarity/what do they look like?

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Nice job, for the cloak shrooms, youre too high up for them. They spawn between 11 and 20.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@killakills: I still spend a fair amount of time farming/questing there and nada, what do they look like? Also thanks

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloak shrooms are all over floor 11-16.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By pyrodactyl

@oursin_360: Are they? Only saw one my entire time there. I guess to make up for it I got 3 protectshrooms by farming lvl 31 a few times for blueprints. Those give you, I shit you not, 40 seconds of complete invinsibility.

But I guess you need that because the 30s are insane. I think my strategy is going to involve using a bunch of fishy fongus. My weapons are kind of weak for these enemies and their tier 4 armor but they can take care of each other just fine.

What kind of set up can I expect between 31 and 35? Is there a boss just before an elevator? What is this U-9 (green flower dude) nonsense about? Is it going to murder me?

Side question: are jackals affected by mushrooms? I bet not.

Killakills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: They have a wide web like top, don't have any screenshots of them. I usually get them from sending people on expeditions to those floors, I once had 2 spawn on f11 right next to each other.

@fredchuckdave: Jackals cant be poisoned or dazed but you can use the cloak and they wont see you. I use 2 cloaks/sting and 1 shroom from the bird to take down a 1 jackal.
    For floors 30+ I used enemy weapons, haters and punched people off ledges before I was able to make the meat cleaver. There are bosses, and u10 isnt too tough if you take some guardshrooms. Shes actually the easiest out of all the bosses in 31+.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.