Lightning Returns getting Tomb Raider-themed costume DLC.

#1 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Yep:

As launch day DLC (no doubt to help promote the new edition of Tomb Raider), Lightning is getting a Tomb Raider-themed costume and gear, including a survivor's axe weapon, a riot shield, and a lot of dirt on her everything. (There is no word on whether Lightning's injuries and deaths become ludicrously graphic while wearing this outfit.)

Source.

#2 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6162 posts) -

That axe is pretty hilarious. Is there an Adam Jensen outfit already?

#3 Edited by EuanDewar (5104 posts) -

DOES IT MAKE HER HEAD AND NECK LOOK MASSIVE OR IS IT JUST ME

#4 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6162 posts) -

@euandewar: Lightning has always had a ridiculous neck

#5 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

Well I for one am now going to buy both games at full price.

#6 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

No!!!!!! It looks terrible and , it looks terrible :(

#7 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1822 posts) -

SquarEnix published Skylanders too (in Japan). I demand Lightning get a Drobot costume!

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15179 posts) -

Awesome. Im so going to have fun with this game.

#9 Posted by Hunter5024 (5980 posts) -

I would have preferred a Lightning themed outfit for Lara.

#11 Edited by Humanity (10137 posts) -
@soldierg654342 said:

SquarEnix published Skylanders too (in Japan). I demand Lightning get a Drobot costume!

Drobot is in jail, Jeff never took that collect call!

Edit: Oh it was actually Vinny.

#12 Edited by CornBREDX (6075 posts) -

You mean that game that SE said was a failure despite selling 3 million copies or whatever it was at launch (I know they actually ended up making their money back eventually on the game, but still funny they said it was a failure).

Weird.

#13 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

Prices for DLC packs, $3.99 a pop

Additional downloadable content (DLC), including a Tomb Raider “Lara Croft” costume and Yuna’s “Sphere Hunter” costume from FFX-2 provide more ways for players to extend their experience. Both DLC packs will be available for $3.99. Additionally, original Japanese Voice-Overs are available from today until February 25th as a free download. Following this two-week period, the Japanese Voice-Over Pack will be available for $3.99.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (15179 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Awesome. Hopefully the store is updated when I get home. I think Ill grab them both. Im weirded out she has no Tifa outfit.

#15 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@demoskinos: If there was a Tifa outfit, that would have been awesome. Though I'm not sure what such a costume's weapon and shield would be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.