Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Coma (flash game)

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DharmaBum

Anyone played the flash game Coma? It shares some similarities to Limbo in terms of art direction and ambiguous gameplay. I recommend it to anyone who has 20 minutes to kill. Ostensibly, it involves little more than running and jumping, but the overall experience is definitely worthwhile.

GrandpaJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GrandpaJelly

Limbo does look like a flash game made by one person. I'll play it later.

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirBlimE

Just played through it. Wow, amazing atmosphere!

wonderhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wonderhare
    Amazing for a flash game. Really enjoyed it, but now I want more :(
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

I played it.

1. The gameplay is not "ambiguous". It's about as straightfoward as it could possibly be.
    2. It's not worthwhile.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

I love the visual style of that flash game, simple gameplay but I'd want some more

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Steve_C

Played it yesterday. Kotaku highlighted it. I quite liked it. Nice art and animation. Really love the sound design. The gameplay is simple, but it found it pretty atmospheric. Amazing for a free flash game.

I had this annoying bug right at the end that stoppped me finishing the game, so I had to look up the last minutes on youtube.

bigchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By bigchief

Really nice. Liked the art style. Simple game, but fun. I'd like to see those guys do more.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Icemael
    @Lebensbaum said:

" @Icemael said:

" I played it.

1. The gameplay is not "ambiguous". It's about as straightfoward as it could possibly be.
    2. It's not worthwhile.
    "
    1. Oh I'm sure you just jumped right in, read 'ring the dore bell' and knew exactly what to do from then on. Obviously it's not designed to challenge your reflexes with intense platforming, but that doesn't render the game straightforward.2. Sorry that you didn't find it worthwhile... sorry as in I pity anyone who by the end didn't get something out of it. Kinda reminds me of the folks who finished Braid and thought, "I don't see what all the fuss is about, that game was just about finding a princess." "
    1. Yes. I knew that hey, if and when I find a doorbell, I'm probably supposed to ring it. Nothing ambiguous about it. Then I used the controls, which were straightforwardly described on the fucking wall, to progress to a character, who straightforwardly gave me a task pertaining to another character, who straightforwardly told me how to complete said task. And so it went on, and on, and on, until the end of the game. You say the gameplay is ambiguous -- what exactly was ambiguous about it? Was there any ambiguity to the traversal mechanics? Was there any ambiguity to the level design? Was there any ambiguity to the "missions"? Saying this game is ambiguous is like saying Super Mario Bros. is ambiguous. Same goes for what little I've seen of Limbo, which has consisted of "walk forward, try to watch out for anything potentially dangerous, and if you fail, figure out a way to avoid whatever killed you".
    2. Braid's story was pretentious drivel; the cleverly designed puzzles were what made the game worthwhile. The graphics and the music were just nice bonuses, which is something most indie games don't understand. Aesthetics aside, Coma has literally nothing going for it -- and the same could be said for 99% of the bullshit the indie community craps out every year.
    Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Jais
    @Icemael: Why do you hate the indie developers oh so much? Did they kill your family or something? 

I have nothing but respect for them. I've been on places like TIGSource, and they are generally an incredible nice and creative group of people. 
    Why is having a little bit of pretentiousness such a terrible thing? Are you afraid of gaming becoming more than just a bunch of mindless shooting?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @Jais: I have nothing against indie developers as long as they make good games.

But really, it's not the indie developers putting out pretentious crap (and yes, pretentiousness is a terrible thing, because it's just that: pretentious) I hate the most; it's the people who eat it up.

" Are you afraid of gaming becoming more than just a bunch of mindless shooting?" 

If this "more" you speak of is the braindead, challenge-free fetch/traversal quests Coma consists of, then yes, I'm afraid. See, I like games that are good, and so naturally, I'm afraid of good games disappearing in favor of bad ones.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's crazy how some people are willing to love any indie developer, no matter what kind of crap they might manage to spew out.  I played Coma; I didn't like Coma.  It just wasn't fun and it was really slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get how someone could call a game that takes 20 minutes to finish "not worthwhile" or "really slow". 

Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jais
    @Icemael: If you read my post, then you should have noticed that I did not refer to Coma at all, or try to defend it.  
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Jothel

cool game, i rather enjoyed it, if you didn't enjoy it then that's your loss, end of story, now shut the fuck up.

Kenshiro28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Kenshiro28

Just finished it. I didn't hate it but it's kind of overrated. I certainly loved the atmosphere but there wasn't much of a challenge and it all feels a bit too short/unfinished. Gives me something to think about at least....I guess.

JohnnyMcmillen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By JohnnyMcmillen

Wow. People will actually forget that games have progressed from running, jumping and maybe grabbing if you make it 'arty', give it a pretty face and give people the authority to think they're intelligent and arty too for defending it blindly.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Meowayne

inb4 "ImorTall" and "Every Day The Same Dream".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.