Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Steam sale - $2!!!

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xeirus

Just putting it up in case anyone is missing it, Limbo is only $2.50 on steam for today.

If you haven't played this game (or just couldn't beat it) you need to get this!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Is it really worth $2.49?  I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I still don't feel like playing it. Just aaaah not my style. Too deliberate, I guess. I want a more action-focused platformer. Meat Boy is more my pace.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

@csl316 said:

Is it really worth $2.49? I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

It is a great game. Never played Braid, only know that people love comparing the two are 'artistic games' but thats besides the point. The puzzles are great, the atmosphere is simply astounding and the """narrative""" it has is really well done.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That's $.50 cheaper than Alpha Protocol was 2 months ago!

...Sure, I'll bite for that price.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By csl316
    @Dany said:

@csl316 said:

Is it really worth $2.49? I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

It is a great game. Never played Braid, only know that people love comparing the two are 'artistic games' but thats besides the point. The puzzles are great, the atmosphere is simply astounding and the """narrative""" it has is really well done.

Downloading it now.  My understanding is that it's super minimalistic, and a lot of people just talk about art style.  I like cool art and puzzles, so hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Oh, and you should REALLY play Braid.  Some of the coolest puzzle action I've ever encountered.  And artistically sublime.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

Damn you and your misleading titles! I was going to buy it, but I don't have the $.49 to spare. That's too rich for my blood.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By csl316

How long is it, by the way?  I'm just curious if I should just plow through it in one sitting tomorrow.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By McGhee

@csl316 said:

Braid is far better- better puzzles, beautiful colors, and it actually has music. It's really good music, at that.

Limbo is one of the most overrated games in years, but perhaps it's worth a couple bucks.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@csl316 said:

How long is it, by the way? I'm just curious if I should just plow through it in one sitting tomorrow.

I'd say three hours. I would not expect too much. It is no braid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@csl316: It's definitely worth $2.50. Unless you know the game isn't your style, it's worth a try, and this current price isn't asking too much.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By csl316
    @whistlebottom: Yeah, $2.49 is kind of a no brainer.

Though my purchase of Chu Chu Rocket on Android for 99 cents might be a better deal.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By BeachThunder

Go for it. It has an amazing atmosphere and some nice puzzles. Although, I would say that the whole experience seemed a bit hollow - it set itself up for an interesting story, but ultimately, the narrative seemed much too ambiguous and never felt like it really went anywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.