Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Link's Crossbow Training

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Learn to use the Wii Zapper as you control Link and his crossbow in this Legend of Zelda spin-off. This minigame shooter collection is part of the Wii Zapper pack.

Miyamoto Lied!

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

I think I'm one of the few people who bought the Wii Zapper for Link's Crossbow Training.  I read the Iwata Asks feature about the game and they tricked me into buying it! 

Miyamoto said: 

And the staff always wanted to make something more than just another shooting game, so they were really into making something unique. For example, when a path splits and you can choose your route, they might put certain objects…

Iwata said: 

Well, let’s not spoil the surprise for the people who haven’t played it yet! (laughs) Ok, now let’s move on to the topic of the Wii Zapper.

I guess I just read too much into it.  The phrases "more than just another shooting game" and "you can choose your route" made me think it had a story element to it.  I think there are a few places where you have to choose to go left or right, but as far as I can tell it doesn't make much of a difference. 

Damn it!  I should've trusted myself and known that this game wasn't worth it.  I don't even have any other games that use the Wii Zapper!  And for some stupid reason, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition isn't compatible with it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

The Wii Zapper combined with Link's Crossbow Training has been a very good selling game, so I don't think you are amongst the few.  I have it and really enjoyed it for what it is.  Perhaps I wasn't expecting as much as you.  I did use the Zapper in Resident Evil: UMbrella Chronicles as well.  Perhaps I could use it in Dead Space Extraction and House of Dead: Overkill, but the 2 Hand Cannons I got with HoD:O are just so awesome, I don't want to use the Zapper.  It isn't the best peripheral in the gaming world - it feels a bit awkward.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By ahoodedfigure

So, what are the paths then?  Just different paths with different types of targets?  I think you could take it as most shooter games being completely on rails, that you don't even get to choose where you go.  Doesn't sound like a lie, more than a pregnant omission that people could read into.  Not the first time I've seen that in promotional interviews, and this one's not nearly as skilled as others I've seen, if that was really what was going on.  All the more important that reviews are out there and deal with issues rather than trying to make everything sound perfect.

Were you disappointed by the game experience itself as far as what it could deliver on its own terms?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By insouciant
    @ahoodedfigure:
    Yeah, I was disappointed with the game experience because it had no story element whatsoever.  Miyamoto didn't lie, I just misinterpreted him.  And yes, the paths just have a few different targets, but lead to the same destination.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Willy105

He didn't lie.

You just got excited over his choice of words.

Happens all the time.

redlitez76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By redlitez76

i like the game its fun.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By landon

@redlitez76 said:

i like the game its fun.

Ok thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.