Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

Neil VS LittleBigPlanet

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed
    I want this but dont really want to pay for something that was probably already made when the game shipped.
    I want this but dont really want to pay for something that was probably already made when the game shipped.
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably the most eloquently
    I could ever sum up my thoughts on
    LittleBigPlanet. I have been angered
    enthralled, in love with, hateful, charmed
    frustrated, amused and many other things
    with sonys not-very-good-at system seller.

I had mentioned before in a previous blog that I really did not like having to play the
    Idiotically frustrating single player levels for creation tools to use in creation mode
    The bare minimum is ok , but it kinda annoys me to know there is still many, many
    items I will either never get or be able to use... Another thing I hate about the  story
    levels is the x2, x4 parts of the levels... put costumes in those areas by any means
    but seriously MM do not deprive me of  creation tools, That is just  bad, bad design
    considering your game is so heavily geared towards that solitary part of the game.

And this is where my anger has risen considerably. I'm not going to go into the
    well documented moderation stuff but the TERRIBLE design of the online game.
    Firstly I have yet to play a  multiplayer game where  someone hasn't suffered from
    crippling lag , Whenever I was doing Ok I would always be informed that the other
    player was either having difficulty with lag or connection issues to my game. (this is
    NOT a problem with my internet speed..I play Many, many, many online games and rarely
    have these kinds of issues)
    Now level tagging is ridiculous, It is borderline broken, full of misinformation and random
    statements to not get your level played, If my level has been tagged with a certain amount
    of descriptions why can I not pick and choose which  three best describe my level?
    And boy are those tags irrelevant.

MY levels and their tags......

"Good things come to those that wait" (first level i made.... not exciting or anything but far from broken)

Daft, Long, Machinery, Rubbish, Tricky, Vehicles,weird

"Treeworld" (easy as hell, hand holding and simple puzzles to stop any kind of frustration)

annoying, boring, complex, easy, fun, lousy, nerve-wracking, perilous, puzzler, quick,
    repetitive, short, tricky, weird.

"ALL YOUs faces iz LAPIN!" (very tricky and verging on being broken on purpose)

Brilliant, creepy, slow, weird

"Pop quiz jack" (very , very, very quick and easy level)

perilous, lousy, quick, relaxing, rubbish, slow, tricky

Now I think Treeworld is the best example of this. with many of the tags completely contradicting
    each other, That level is so simple, straightforward and hand-holding that I wonder how it got some
    of those tags. For one the level is NOT nerve wracking or very weird...maybe the bear..but yknow.

"cool levels" you know what? most of these fucking levels are NOT cool... 10000000000 TROPHY OH YEAH COOLZZ
    levels are just not "cool",. Neither are really simple levels that someone spent  two minutes on... and why are all the
     cool levels still the same as two weeks ago? I do not deny how amazing azure palace or how well made world
    of colour or littlebigbasketball are..but seriously theres a whole planet and supposedly 800000 user created levels...
    FILL THE DAMN PLANET! and preferably with... COOL LEVELS.

Level burying... have you just spent 5, 6, 7 10! hours building a level?, Have you published it and nobody played it?
    yeah, thought so. The only way it seems to be able to get people to play your levels is to constantly republish them....
    every fuckin day! Im certain theres a few people that will deny this happens becuse of luck or good fortune and all that but
    I have No luck with anyone playing by levels unless I constantly republish them. I know theyre not the best levels but
    I want something to come of the time and effort I put in and I have put a LOT of time and effort into tweaking a couple
    of them. (I guess you had to be in the beta to get any substantial plays on your level.... oh great)
     On top of that I made very different levels (first one not counting because It was me figuring out the controls)  and It
    seems more people play your level if it took 30 minutes to make.. I have gotten more plays time ratio wise on "jack"
    by a mile, and admittedly it didnt take very long to build at all.
    "LAPIN!" on the otherhand is so very weird and switch/mechanism-heavy and has had very few plays in comparison
    republish, republish, republish!!!!!!!

Now the most unforgiveable  thing... I have  searched specifically (on another psn name) for each of my levels, exact spelling
    on all of them  and how many did the search find????? NONE of them... dear  media molecule YOUR GAME IS BROKEN!
    In another game this is disappointing, in LBP with the slogan "play, create, SHARE" it verges on being unforgiveable.

So yeah LBP  I am almost at the point of giving up on it, I like its style and the way it does things, I have even almost come to
    terms with the imprecise and fiddly controls. I want  it to be the greatest game ever but it seems  the online wishes to stop this
    at every turn I take. I will say it again.. my levels are not the bees knees but theyve had time and effort put into them, I have tried..
    and I have tried a LOT harder than many others, I just get so infuriated that some level which is just an entrance and an exit or
    a million prize bubbles has ten thousand plays and 200 hearts and  seventeen with 0 hearts have played mine in over a week.

Feel free for anyone to add me to their PSN i am "seamonsterking"
    if anyone wants to heart me (i need one more for trophy)
    or heart my level with the most hearts/plays already i will happily return the favour

and would be hugely, hugely, hugely grateful.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By GunstarRed
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably the most eloquently
    I could ever sum up my thoughts on
    LittleBigPlanet. I have been angered
    enthralled, in love with, hateful, charmed
    frustrated, amused and many other things
    with sonys not-very-good-at system seller.

I had mentioned before in a previous blog that I really did not like having to play the
    Idiotically frustrating single player levels for creation tools to use in creation mode
    The bare minimum is ok , but it kinda annoys me to know there is still many, many
    items I will either never get or be able to use... Another thing I hate about the  story
    levels is the x2, x4 parts of the levels... put costumes in those areas by any means
    but seriously MM do not deprive me of  creation tools, That is just  bad, bad design
    considering your game is so heavily geared towards that solitary part of the game.

And this is where my anger has risen considerably. I'm not going to go into the
    well documented moderation stuff but the TERRIBLE design of the online game.
    Firstly I have yet to play a  multiplayer game where  someone hasn't suffered from
    crippling lag , Whenever I was doing Ok I would always be informed that the other
    player was either having difficulty with lag or connection issues to my game. (this is
    NOT a problem with my internet speed..I play Many, many, many online games and rarely
    have these kinds of issues)
    Now level tagging is ridiculous, It is borderline broken, full of misinformation and random
    statements to not get your level played, If my level has been tagged with a certain amount
    of descriptions why can I not pick and choose which  three best describe my level?
    And boy are those tags irrelevant.

MY levels and their tags......

"Good things come to those that wait" (first level i made.... not exciting or anything but far from broken)

Daft, Long, Machinery, Rubbish, Tricky, Vehicles,weird

"Treeworld" (easy as hell, hand holding and simple puzzles to stop any kind of frustration)

annoying, boring, complex, easy, fun, lousy, nerve-wracking, perilous, puzzler, quick,
    repetitive, short, tricky, weird.

"ALL YOUs faces iz LAPIN!" (very tricky and verging on being broken on purpose)

Brilliant, creepy, slow, weird

"Pop quiz jack" (very , very, very quick and easy level)

perilous, lousy, quick, relaxing, rubbish, slow, tricky

Now I think Treeworld is the best example of this. with many of the tags completely contradicting
    each other, That level is so simple, straightforward and hand-holding that I wonder how it got some
    of those tags. For one the level is NOT nerve wracking or very weird...maybe the bear..but yknow.

"cool levels" you know what? most of these fucking levels are NOT cool... 10000000000 TROPHY OH YEAH COOLZZ
    levels are just not "cool",. Neither are really simple levels that someone spent  two minutes on... and why are all the
     cool levels still the same as two weeks ago? I do not deny how amazing azure palace or how well made world
    of colour or littlebigbasketball are..but seriously theres a whole planet and supposedly 800000 user created levels...
    FILL THE DAMN PLANET! and preferably with... COOL LEVELS.

Level burying... have you just spent 5, 6, 7 10! hours building a level?, Have you published it and nobody played it?
    yeah, thought so. The only way it seems to be able to get people to play your levels is to constantly republish them....
    every fuckin day! Im certain theres a few people that will deny this happens becuse of luck or good fortune and all that but
    I have No luck with anyone playing by levels unless I constantly republish them. I know theyre not the best levels but
    I want something to come of the time and effort I put in and I have put a LOT of time and effort into tweaking a couple
    of them. (I guess you had to be in the beta to get any substantial plays on your level.... oh great)
     On top of that I made very different levels (first one not counting because It was me figuring out the controls)  and It
    seems more people play your level if it took 30 minutes to make.. I have gotten more plays time ratio wise on "jack"
    by a mile, and admittedly it didnt take very long to build at all.
    "LAPIN!" on the otherhand is so very weird and switch/mechanism-heavy and has had very few plays in comparison
    republish, republish, republish!!!!!!!

Now the most unforgiveable  thing... I have  searched specifically (on another psn name) for each of my levels, exact spelling
    on all of them  and how many did the search find????? NONE of them... dear  media molecule YOUR GAME IS BROKEN!
    In another game this is disappointing, in LBP with the slogan "play, create, SHARE" it verges on being unforgiveable.

So yeah LBP  I am almost at the point of giving up on it, I like its style and the way it does things, I have even almost come to
    terms with the imprecise and fiddly controls. I want  it to be the greatest game ever but it seems  the online wishes to stop this
    at every turn I take. I will say it again.. my levels are not the bees knees but theyve had time and effort put into them, I have tried..
    and I have tried a LOT harder than many others, I just get so infuriated that some level which is just an entrance and an exit or
    a million prize bubbles has ten thousand plays and 200 hearts and  seventeen with 0 hearts have played mine in over a week.

Feel free for anyone to add me to their PSN i am "seamonsterking"
    if anyone wants to heart me (i need one more for trophy)
    or heart my level with the most hearts/plays already i will happily return the favour

and would be hugely, hugely, hugely grateful.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

MM needs to refine it's search feature, because the same levels keep appearing when some of the tags are chosen. Levels should be searched by name and THEN we can find the ones we want to play, and be able to find your levels too.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I think I've been extremely lucky in LBP. One of my levels has almost 20,000 views and it's on the 5th page of "Cool Levels". It's called, "Starfox Music (SNES)"

But seriously, I see your point. I have a friend that has put at least 48 hours into his level and it is so great that I've probably played through it 15 times. And guess what? It only has 17 plays and 1 heart.... most of which came from me. His work will probably never be found because it sits under the 80,000 levels on top of it.

And those trophy levels are soooo fucking annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.