Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lucha Libre AAA Heroes del Ring

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

The first wrestling game solely based on the lucha libre style of professional wrestling, Héroes del Ring is sponsored by the Mexico-based pro wrestling organization AAA.

Anyone play this yet? Is it worth checking out?

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratch

I've only found two reviews of this online, and both were from regular-ass jobbers, so I don't really trust them.  One reviewer claimed the game was completely horrible and another dude said that it was a pretty solid wrestling game.  For some reason, I'm very interested in this game.  I think it's just the whole Mexican culture thing that intrigues me.  Anyway, let me know if you've played it and whether it's worth trying.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By memo
    @Kratch:  I was excited about this game too since since I was a kid i watch Mexican wrestling but how can they make a Mexican Wrestling game when they don't include the greatest wrestles that live, El Santo and Blue Demon.  Makes no sense, I'm just gonna rent and see it its any game.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

When Ryan said La Parka and Dr. Wagner are in it, it became the first wrestling game I've cared about since Fire Pro Wrestling 2.

JoMu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By JoMu
    @Kratch:  I got it yesterday. Just posted my attempt at a review. Hopefully someone finds it helpful.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " When Ryan said La Parka and Dr. Wagner are in it, it became the first wrestling game I've cared about since Fire Pro Wrestling 2. "
    La Parka is in it? that's a surprise to me o-O
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nutter

Yeah, there's a scary lack of information about the game. The word from folks out there makes it sound like the game's okay, if you're prone to enjoy this sort of thing. I'd love to hear what the Giant Bomb crew things, though. I'd love to see a hands on. I haven't bought a wrestling game since....Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on the N64.

Hopefully something pops up soon, I don't want to buy this game blind, but I really want to check it out.

JoMu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JoMu

I just added to the review pictures of the hamburger tattoo you can put on your created luchador's face.  

AAA Lucha Hamburger Face Tattoo create a wrestler option.
    AAA Lucha Hamburger Face Tattoo create a wrestler option.

Close-up Hamburger Face
    Close-up Hamburger Face
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @JoMu: I hate you now
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Kratch: You should check out the next issue of The Luchazine if you want a good opinion on the game.
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nutter

I ended up biting and grabbing this game from Kmart on Friday. I got a $25 coupon when I bought Enslaved and got another $25 coupon with Lucha Libre AAA, so it was effectively $35.

Anyhow, it's not a BAD game, but it's not a very good game either. I'm completely enjoying it, however. It's all kinds of bananas in a great 50 Cent Blood in the Sand kind of way. The quick look shows you all you need to know, really. The story modes are short but amusing and the Konami mode unlocks midget wrestling (think small torsos mode, as opposed to big head mode).

I'm not a wrestling fan, but I like the concept of wrestling games. Tecmo World Wrestling and all the AKI games (especially Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, one of the few old games I've kept over the years) are exactly what I'm into. This feels like an attempt at that, which is great. They fall a bit short as the slower characters move like they're in water. It's just a little too slow. It's a bit stiff, some of the animations on running moves and reversals are pretty awful, but overall, I like it.

While it won't happen (the game had 33 player ratings on Xbox Live when I bought it), I'd love to see these guys get a chance to iron out the wrinkles, add more moves and move situations, and take another stab at it. Hell, anything that would open the door for more Mexican or Japanese wrestling games in the vein of the AKI games would be great.

There's a new Fire Pro (of sorts) coming to 360, apparently. If it plays like Fire Pro, that could be interesting.

Well, I'm enjoying Lucha Libre AAA quite a bit, even if it has a thick layer of rust on it.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hot_Karl

Got my hands on it last week & enjoyed my time with it. It's definitely a change of pace (not speed wise) from Smackdown vs Raw, but I argue that if you aren't into wrestling games at all, this won't be the one to bring you back in. The animations are still wonky, the collision detection & targeting can be bad, there's a lack of different wrestling matches (no Cage or Ladders matches here) & it's still completely momentum based, so unlike UFC or even a Street Fighter, once the opponent gains the upper hand, you don't have much of a shot to come back. But it's fun & satisfying to play if you're interested in this sort of game.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Stuff like this just makes me wish AKI was still around and making wrestling games.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By empfeix
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " Stuff like this just makes me wish AKI was still around and making wrestling games. "
    This man speaks the truth.  They perfected how to map moves to a controller - no one has bothered to copy it since - frustrating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.