Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 30, 2011

EA's long-running NFL series returns with its 2011 release, Madden NFL 12. It features Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover, who won as a result of fan voting.

Can't play a friend in Madden 12. (PS3)

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spiritgod

Hopefully I'll find something that can help me sort out a problem me and a friend is having.  I've searched everywhere for a solution, but came up empty handed.  We have sent invites to one another, first him sending me an invite, and then after that didn't work, I sent him one.  The same thing happens to both of us, if he sent the invite I can see him in the join a game screen but shortly a warning message pops up telling me that my connection has been lost from my opponent, whereas all he sees is that I've logged in to the EA server and then shortly I've logged out.  We've tried just setting up a simple Head to Head match from the first screen that you see in Madden, to creating a community and trying to setup a game that way.   We both have the Online pass that comes with Madden setup, so it isn't that, and both of us have the updated roster.

The only thing I can think of is either something is wrong with the EA servers or something isn't right with one of our wireless routers.  Is there a way to determine if one of our routers needs to have certain settings changed?  Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fazzle

I was having the same problem trying to connect to a friend on the 360 last night, so it's probably just the EA servers

tking1578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tking1578

i HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME ISSUE ON MY PS3! Its making me upset because I got the game just to have fun playing a few of my friends.. And now this!? Its definitely the EA servers so your connection is okay. They need to fix this ASAP! 

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spiritgod

I came to the conclusion that me being NAT type 3 has something to do with the problem.  I've recently fixed it to NAT type 1 so I'll test out online play tonight when my friend gets off work.  I'll let everyone know if that's what the problem is or not.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spiritgod

Just got done trying again with no success.  He has NAT type 2 and I have NAT type 1, so all should be good on that front, but for some reason we are unable to play a game online.   My friend sent an email to EA, so hopefully something can be done about this. 

tking1578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tking1578
    @Spiritgod:  yea.. this really pisses me off! I wound if anyone else is having this problem....
    Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spiritgod

Before posting in this forum I did a pretty heavy search throughout the Internet to find a solution.  Coming only to the conclusion that maybe our connection speeds were too slow, or the router configuration wasn't setup right.  Now, after many days searching, experimenting, and emailing EA, I can safely say that I give up.  I fixed my router so that every shred of data gets sent to my PS3, deleted game data and re-installed the same game data on more than one occasion,  and tested other games online with the same friend, all of which worked flawlessly.  And to pour salt into the wound, EA was of no help.  My first email was met with the same copy/paste response everyone gets when emailing or calling technical support.  Was a little shocked to read the second email telling me that the cause could be my PS3, even though I have no problem with any of my other games or movies.  Basically, spreading the blame on everything except their end.  I'm sad to say, but Madden NFL 12 will most likely be my last Madden game.  

I've sent one last response to EA, telling them there were no markings on my disc, that I've played several movies (both DVD and Blu ray), played offline and online PS3 games, and that both me and my friend have put several hours into Madden's single player.  That I highly doubt the disc, console, or connection could be the culprit to this problem.  Hopefully I'll get an actual response rather than the half-ass copy/paste responses I had been given.  I won't hold my breath, and if something useful comes out I'll be sure to post it here.

Mochaduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mochaduc

I have had this same problem with every version of Madden since '09. If you run a CATV cable directly from the modem to you PS3, bypassing the router, you may be able to get it working. My buddy and I were fustrated by this for quite awhile. Choose a head to head match with this setup and you may be in business. Hope this helps.

Avatar image for crackergotzswagger
    CrackerGotzSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its ps3... what did you expect???

Avatar image for motox_rider13045
    motox_rider13045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By motox_rider13045

i talked to EA myself...they stopped the online friends thing because they didnt want ppl to play games for easy wins and shit like they think we will own 2 ps3 or xbox just to do that theyre so dumb...but yeah thats the reason its for XBOX TOO BTW u fuck ^^^ not because its ps3 which btw IS better ps3 DO NOT GET VIRUS's ...kinda stupid cuz that was the whole reason i bought the game was to play my firneds but it wont let u u can only play the random ppl it links u up with...stupid EA....

Avatar image for crackergotzswagger
    CrackerGotzSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motox_rider13045: i like how you jump to the conclusion that i think xbox360 is better than ps3 and btw it IS. pffffft... fanboys these days

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.