Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 30, 2011

EA's long-running NFL series returns with its 2011 release, Madden NFL 12. It features Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover, who won as a result of fan voting.

Is this worth the purchase if...

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By artgarcrunkle

I'm a huge football fan who has been lukewarm on Madden since 2004 and haven't purchased a new madden since 2007. Downloaded the demo on PSN and it seemed like it still has the same problems with sideline catches, bad/limited amount of animations, broken ai etc.

Kind of want it but it seems super disappointing at $60 bucks.

Edit: Either Madden12 or Red Dead GOTY is going to be my only purchase until the flood of new releases, so I guess you could just tell me which is better.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

Football is played with your feet silly, I don't know what you're talking about!

/European

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@Swoxx: lol

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By swoxx

I've never really played Madden (Again, since i'm not uh-meh-rik-uhn) But I can strongly recommend RDR if you're in to the western genre

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@Swoxx: Since I'm American and obviously don't know anything of the world I'm going to assume all Europeans (Yer uh peein lol) are as obnoxious and casually xenophobic as you. Gotta go scrub the tires on my t-top Trans Am, peace bro.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By swoxx

@artgarcrunkle said:

@Swoxx: Since I'm American and obviously don't know anything of the world I'm going to assume all Europeans (Yer uh peein lol) are as obnoxious and casually xenophobic as you. Gotta go scrub the tires on my t-top Trans Am, peace bro.

Ha! Consider yourself followed because of that

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@Swoxx: Whoever said that thing about catching flies with honey is an idiot ;)

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hwy_61

This, along with NHL 12 and FIFA are $40 at Toys R Us starting Sunday. Maybe it'll be worth it then?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DoctorWelch

I am also a big football fan and I say dont get it. I get it used every year just to make sure I dont miss it if it actually is good, and every year I end up returning it within the week to gamestop for full price. This year they made it harder to go deep because if you throw it deep and you arent wide open the defense will pick it off a large majority of the time. At the same time if you throw a slant pass right up the middle and it hits the defender right in the hands, almost every time the defense will drop it unless the other player user picks it. Thats just one little example of dumb stuff that happens in the game, but there is a long list or reasons why madden has sucked for the past 6 years or so and this one hasnt changed its ways. I really wish 2k would be allowed to make an NFL game so that madden actually has a little competition and they cant just poop on the disc, put the NFL brand name on it, and then everyone buys it.

If you are deciding between this and Red Dead, I would say get Red Dead 100%, no question about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you watched the quicklook and/or read the review, it's pretty easy to see that it's not worth your time.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@chrismafuchris: I don't think reviews are as useful as peer input, even if Alex's review is one of the better reviews on this site. Thanks for the input though.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By MocBucket62

Yeah dude, from what I've heard this is essentially last year's game. Save your money for next year's Madden if that game explodes with different game modes and improvements. Though the developers probably might be lazy about next year's installment, since EA will make flashy changes in presentation, but will improve little of the gameplay experience. I'm talking to you too NCAA Football 12.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mosespippy

If you love football but not Madden why not try NCAA? Isn't Blitz coming out later this year too?

Red Dead is pretty fucking amazing even though it's got all the same problems as GTAIV.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Swoxx said:

Football is played with your feet silly, I don't know what you're talking about!

/European

Silly lesser countries and their concepts of sports.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Joeyoe31

If the other option is Red Dead, I'd always pick Red Dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.