Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia II

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

Play as Vito Scaletta and rise up through the ranks of the criminal underworld of Empire Bay in Mafia II, the sequel to the 2002 sandbox-style hit.

The Official Mafia II forum!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vlademir

How do you guys think this game will turn out? I played the original Mafia and really like it. I'm looking forward to Mafia II's release.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DarthMaul

In all honesty, I think it'll be pretty meh.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I am very excited for this game. The first game was fantastic and had a great story...if this game ends up being anything like the original then I'll be very happy.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MachoFantastico

Its the same people working on it so I don't see why this can't be as good as the original with better technology. The only concern is that its being made for the consoles and PC which can sometimes cause development problems. 

But its the same guy doing the story... so why won't it be as good! it should never be compared to GTA as it offers a slower but more realisitc expierence.
    Duck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Duck44

The first Mafia is one of my favourite games of all time. Yeah...really excited for this.  I like everything that has come out about this game so hopefully it will be my favourite game of...

Osiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Osiris

Yeah the first Mafia was amazing.. I mean it took a while to accept that it wasn't GTA and had a totally different approach on how things worked in the open world but Mafia indeed turned out to be one of my favourite games of all time, graphics wise, gamplay wise and story wise. I don't even think it CAN be compared to GTA... And I'm getting sick of people who compare everything they see, who the hell cares.

This game will be sweet from how it looks, my pc will never run it but at least my ps3 will. Companies who make games like this earn some big ass respect. People complain to much about graphics, gameplay or anything when just a trialer is released, I can't stand it... There are people working very hard trying to push their ideas for a game and mostly want to give us something we've never seen before.

Not everyone is perfect and unfortunately a lot of bad games come out as well, trying to make some quick money. But this is far from that and I truly, honestly respect these companies. Keep up the amazing quality and work.

Ozi

FreshW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FreshW
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Captain_Insano

Mafia 1 was fantastic. It took me a while also to get used to it after playing so much GTA but it is a different type of game entirely. That franchise had faded from my mind a bit but the teaser trailer shown has gotten my hopes up significantly. It should be great provided that they don't try to add any extra GTA 'gimmicks' to make the game more GTA-ish. While I love GTA I don't want that style of play in Mafia. Mafia should just stick to what it did so well in the first game. I liked being made to stick to the speed limits or having the cops come after me. It needs to stick to that sort of realism. It sort of introduced the wait to break into cars which gta iv implemented and it was those nice touches that made mafia so great. Also the story and graphics were fantastic.

Uber pumped

atlantabrave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atlantabrave04

I feel like comparsions with GTA IV will come fast when the game is eventually released. Whether or not that is a good thing for the game is yet to be seen. From what I saw of the gameplay footage, it looks to draw a lot of influence from the GTA combat formula. In my opinion, this is nothing but a good thing. Though I'd love if I could step away from Mafia II with a taste of orginality fresh on my mind. Definitely gonna pick this one up though.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60
    @dcpc10 said:
    " MF2 is currently set to my GOTY 2010, lets see if it lives up to that... (I was a huge fan of the original) "
    This
    hamburgAir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hamburgAir
    Bolthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bolthor

I wasn't that impressed by the demo, maybe I'll pick it up when it's cheaper.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By mracoon

Create a new topic if you want. No need to bump this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.