Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia III

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

The third game in the open world crime series. Mafia III follows Vietnam veteran, mixed-race Lincoln Clay in 1960s New Bordeaux, when racism is blooming, as he aspires for revenge against those who have harmed his family.

[Ps4] Install time is way too long, 3 Days & Counting.

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I purchased Mafia 3 Tuesday morning digitally. It downloaded while I was a work and I can home thinking I'd be able to play it, yet to my dismay it had in game installer. So I waited until about 11pm to check on it, only 20%... I got home at 6:30 pm.

Then the following morning I let it install while I was at work (6am-630pm) didn't even touch 50%. It's now been three days of this nonsense and I'm only at 66%.

What the literal fuck people? Anyone else having any issues because the internet doesn't seem to think it's wide spread enough. Help someone or at least tell me I'm not crazy and alone on this.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you put the PS4 to sleep? I hear that's the trick to supercharge your download speeds.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you sure the game is fully downloaded? It sounds like it is the case of the game downloading some initial amount, and then having the secondary download/install process that's seen fairly often now. You can check by hitting the Options button on the game in the home screen, then selecting Information, and then looking at the Download Status.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The PSN is fucked. I bought a digital copy but it needed a 2 Gig patch on launch. Took 7 hours. My internet (being in Australia) is slow, but it's not that slow. 2 gig on anything else comes in pretty quickly.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

Check your internet speed on fast.com in the ps4 browser (the system level one is inaccurate). Make sure to do it a few times to make sure it's consistent. You could compare that number to speedtest.net on a device that supports it. PSN has been the same old "okay, but not great" for me. Lots of things could be causing slowdown on your end.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 days is definitely too long for a game. The only time I ever had that was at the launch of the PS4 when I tried to download Resogun. Bad times. Bad times.

PSN has been okay for me. I downloaded a few VR games and while they were small they didn't take more than a couple hours to download a few gigs. MAybe try checking your router settings or hard resetting your system?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.