Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia III

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

The third game in the open world crime series. Mafia III follows Vietnam veteran, mixed-race Lincoln Clay in 1960s New Bordeaux, when racism is blooming, as he aspires for revenge against those who have harmed his family.

Season Pass on Sale - Couple questions before I buy

Axdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So the dlc has plenty enough trophies to make it worth the purchase price, but I'm a little curious as to if should buy it now or maybe wait for the next sale since I haven't started the game yet. Does owning the season pass get me any benefits for the regular main game? I know the content itself is located in separate areas, but does anything carryover between that content and the regular stuff? Basically, I'm asking if there's any particular reason to own the season pass going in, or if there's no harm in waiting until after I've completed the main content to make that purchase?

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThePanzini

Mafia 3 has an awful lot of unskippable filler I would finish the game first otherwise you might have too much Mafia and then wait for a sale the break will help.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to agree with ThePanzini, some would even say after the first two hours it's all skipppable or unskippable. Whatever, you know what I mean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite enjoying Mafia 3 as a podcast game, it's super tedious. I think the main pushing force for me was the story and the overall style of the game. I would suggest finishing Mafia 3, and see if you want more.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having just about 100%'d the game I wouldn't recommend the DLC unless you're extremely involved in the story/lore of the game. I quite enjoyed it all so I snagged the DLC just for more of the story. "Sign of the Times" and "Faster Baby" add a small bit of story to the game but nothing too exciting (the Weed Side missions are just time consuming and the have no direct changes to the game) but "Stones Unturned" is great if you like Donovan as a character.

If you haven't even started the game I wouldn't buy the DLC until you've finished it at least once as there will be no major effect to your end-game.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely going to continue the theme here, if you reach the end of Mafia 3 and still want more then get the DLC. I highly doubt that will happen though, so stay away for now.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

bumping this to say the season pass is on sale during the Steam sale and so I picked it up; haven't started the Donovan one yet but finished the Faster, Baby! storyline and am a couple missions into Sign of the Times and am really enjoying it. If you played the game last year and want to come back to it the DLC is a good reason to. Note that you can't access it until you unlock all 3 crew members, which might take about 5 hours or so if you don't have/deleted your save, but I like what they did to the game, Sign of the Times especially. They add some extremely light LA Noire-ish investigation elements that I thought were cool.

And having taken a break from the game for a year I'm having a blast playing through it again. The "loop" may be repetitive but I find the action to be so fucking good that I don't mind doing it all over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.