Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia III

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

The third game in the open world crime series. Mafia III follows Vietnam veteran, mixed-race Lincoln Clay in 1960s New Bordeaux, when racism is blooming, as he aspires for revenge against those who have harmed his family.

Which ending did you go with and what did you think about it? [Spoilers!]

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which ending did you go with and what did you think about it? [Spoilers!] (134 votes)

Leave town 42%
    Rule together 23%
    Rule alone 9%
    Show results 25%

Which ending did you go with and how did you feel about your choice after?

• 
    Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with "Rule together". I considered leaving town, but in the end I figured I would just be replaced by someone else and regardless of the death and destruction caused by Lincoln during the game, I feel he at least has some basic morality. I quite liked that ending and feel happy with my choice.

BrianP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrianP

I also went with rule together because it seemed most in line with the Lincoln character and what I interpreted him to be. I didn't really like that then they were like "he got in to anything that made money, drugs, prostitution, etc etc" because in my head I was like "That's not the character I made Lincoln be!"

jeddy201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I left town. In my head I felt that Lincoln really did want to stop after he was done with Sal but kept going because he lost his way. I trusted Vito or Cassandra enough to run the city and not be monsters, and Burke doesn't have too much time left anyway. I thought it was a pretty okay ending for Lincoln, but I wish I could have had a documentary style interview with old ass Lincoln at the very end.

The one thing I do want desperately is a story DLC where you play as Donovan taking down other members of the Marcano JFK assassination squad. That part of the ending was fantastically ridiculous. Donovan might be my favorite character in the entire game next to Lincoln himself.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Donovan is definitely up there for best character of 2016.

I left town. His revenge was complete, time to move on. It all worked out even better than I expected, I wanted a happy ending for Vito and he ended up running things and living luxuriously.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Left town. Felt like the story built him up as just wanting to take down Marcano and not really caring about the business shit.

Cassandra ended up taking over and damn, her ending is dark.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Milkman

I went full Marcano and went with rule alone, which did not go well at all. (Father James kills Lincoln with a car bomb) No real regrets with my choice though. Lincoln was really no better than any of the people he killed throughout the course of the game. It was the ending that he deserved.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with Rule Together since I felt like that was most in line with Lincoln's character. He may not have wanted to set down this path, but once on it, he wanted to see it through to the end so that no other asshole could take rule of the city. Becoming estranged with Father James is unfortunate, but I don't think Lincoln and him always saw eye to eye in the first place.

And yeah, Donovan is incredible. Loved the mid credits nonsense. Definitely best character of 2016 or at the very least in the running.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with leave town. I felt like it was in line with his character because at this point his relationship with the Father was all he had left of any type of family, so he got to him.

Burke ended up taking over, who was probably my least favorite of the 3. I divided the districts equally, so I'm not sure how that was the outcome. I guess he probably had the biggest income, I did a bunch of missions trying to unlock that Stromer .223. Oh well.

I also second the notion for Donovan being best character of 2016. Pretty great character throughout, and the mid-credits scene was great, a great way to tie up his story.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I played that game single mindedly and never got the desire to take over so I left. I watched them all though.

The post credits sequence was insane. I couldn't tell if it was trying to say that Donovan has gone insane because of the war, that there is an assassins creed style conspiracy behind everything, or he was really on to something. It was a fun way to address his character motivation but it left me feeling like they hadn't justified it at all until those last few minutes. I guess it's a decent payoff for holding it back so long.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kingpk

Left town. Cassandra took over and the city was pretty much destroyed. Oops.

Donovan always seemed to be a little....off, so him going completely nuts and being a JFK conspiracy nut makes total sense.

I thought Father James was a fantastic character animated really well and played extremely well by his voice actor. You could tell he was trying to exorcise his own demons by helping Lincoln and the consequences of that seem to haunt him the rest of his life.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I left town. It seemed like the choice Lincoln would actually make. He finished what Sal had started, and his entire family was dead in that city. There was no reason for him to stay.

Man, I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. It's rough around the edges and has too much side content that's forced, but when it's good, it's really good.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Captain_Insano

Man. This game.

For me, I felt like Lincoln lost it over the course of the game - I went with "The Godfather" story - stayed in New Bordeaux and chose to rule alone. (which goes against every decision I usually make in these games) Then you hop in the car and blow up from a car bomb that Father James has planted. This game's story was done exceptionally well.

I continue to support the greatness that is Donovan as a character.

Also we need to talk about the awesome Mafia 3 soundtrack and what the fuck the game does to the soundtrack on the way to the last mission.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rule together only because I did too much work to get to that point and I wasn't just going to walk away. I really enjoyed the game, but there were a few times it actually felt like work just to progress further.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.