Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 26, 2013

The fourth entry in the Duels of the Planeswalkers series from Stainless Games. The biggest addition this year is the Sealed Decks

So the Sealed Play matches are stupidly hard!

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Having beat the first guy with relative ease, Chandra took me no less than 35 TRIES, and now I'm back to being stuck on Garruk!! Seems the AI has the exact card that will save them every single time they need it, and are really annoyingly overpowered, considering the cards the game lets you choose from to build your deck!!

How you guys finding it so far??

Blomakrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't have the game yet, so I can't say how hard I'd find them.

But I wanted to ask how much experience you have with MTG?

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah I agree. Sometimes playing through the campaign it seemed like the AI got a little too lucky but it was never overly ridiculous. Sealed play takes this to the extreme at times and makes the whole thing pretty frustrating.

Now I'm not a huge MTG player or anything, but i have played both the other video games and the card game before.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no hardcore fan, but i've been playing pretty regularly for about 3 months or so, I think I understand the game pretty well! My girlfriend has sunk a LOT of money into getting some cards for her Boros deck, but I'd made a pretty strong Golgari deck from her leftovers haha! I think even outside of general skill level, it feels like the Sealed Play opponents are coded in such a way where they will ALWAYS have the exact card to beat whatever move you're going for.

Obviously in real life you 'know' some degree that you're not being cheated, but in the game it very often feels one-sided. I'm still loving it for the most part, but I'm having to build a new deck every time I advance an opponent because it doesn't feel like the game favors strategy over sheer power.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I haven't picked it up yet, mainly because I was curious how the sealed play felt in it. I'm going to grab it, but I'm debating on whether I should wait until the Steam Summer Sale and see if it goes on sale during that.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just finished the 4th match in the sealed campaign and have had little trouble so far. Maybe you just got bad boosters?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

Hmmm, yesterday I played 83% of the way through my first sealed deck to get all the pack unlocks without any major difficulties and this morning I did the same thing with my second sealed deck. Yeah, I had some rough matches here and there but by and large it didn't seem any more difficult than the regular campaign.

I suppose it depends on the cards you end up with. I don't know how much draft/sealed you play but card valuation can be significantly different from constructed.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only piece of advice I can give is to follow the BREAD rule and pack your deck with the flying creatures and removal, which saw me through the campaign without too much trouble. Don't be afraid to go three colours as it was the only way to get enough playable cards in the deck for me, as long as you mulligan smartly you should have too many issues.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff guys thankyou very much!! By all accounts I'm still a Magic noob (n00b? Feels like forever since I've seen that anywhere!), so I'll take things slower and build another deck from scratch! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.