Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Baseball 2K9

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

MLB 2K9 is the 2009 edition of 2K Sports' MLB 2K series.

Baseball...

MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By MrBojangles

...rules. At least in my book. I love it. From the rough, grainy sand to the smooth, green outfield grass, to the cheering fans, to the dugouts and bullpens. I love it all. I love the game of baseball. Batting, hitting, you name it, and if it has something to do with baseball, I love it. So I love this...

Tim Lincecum on MLB 2k9's cover
    I can't wait for this season's baseball game. Of course, like a plethora of other people who loved MVP Baseball, I wish 2k didn't buy out the license for Major League baseball. But being the baseball fan that I am, I can't sit idly by and not play MLB games. I just can't do it. Ever since 2k6 I've been playing 2k's Major League Baseball series. While it has never been perfect, I've loved almost every second of it. And best of all, I'm good at it. Really good. I'd even go as far as to say, "This is my game," meaning this is the game, or type of game I'm best at. So each year I look forward to picking up a copy, and dominating, both online and off. And 2k9 looks to be the installment that is closest to perfecting the experience. And I couldn't be more excited.

Last year's 2k8 was good. Not great. I thought it was great. But it wasn't. This year, I hope I can think it's great, and it actually be great as well. I want a fantastic baseball sim, rather than a mediocre one that I think is fantastic. I've read previews for it, and though every year previews sound great, I feel that this will be the year. This will be the year that 2k listened to their audience and crafted a more finely tuned creation. I can only hope.

From every thing I've read so far, it sounds like 2k has made improvements crafted around what their fans have commented on. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage to see for myself. I can't wait to see what 2k has improved. I'm really looking forward to this season with the Mets, and what better way then to play with a virtual representation of them in an outstanding new installment of MLB, a month before the season.

Let's go 2k! Let's go baseball sims! But most importantly, LET'S GO METS!!!

Oh yeah. I hit 20,000 gamerscore. Woot. Get on my level.
    MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MrBojangles

...rules. At least in my book. I love it. From the rough, grainy sand to the smooth, green outfield grass, to the cheering fans, to the dugouts and bullpens. I love it all. I love the game of baseball. Batting, hitting, you name it, and if it has something to do with baseball, I love it. So I love this...

I can't wait for this season's baseball game. Of course, like a plethora of other people who loved MVP Baseball, I wish 2k didn't buy out the license for Major League baseball. But being the baseball fan that I am, I can't sit idly by and not play MLB games. I just can't do it. Ever since 2k6 I've been playing 2k's Major League Baseball series. While it has never been perfect, I've loved almost every second of it. And best of all, I'm good at it. Really good. I'd even go as far as to say, "This is my game," meaning this is the game, or type of game I'm best at. So each year I look forward to picking up a copy, and dominating, both online and off. And 2k9 looks to be the installment that is closest to perfecting the experience. And I couldn't be more excited.

Last year's 2k8 was good. Not great. I thought it was great. But it wasn't. This year, I hope I can think it's great, and it actually be great as well. I want a fantastic baseball sim, rather than a mediocre one that I think is fantastic. I've read previews for it, and though every year previews sound great, I feel that this will be the year. This will be the year that 2k listened to their audience and crafted a more finely tuned creation. I can only hope.

From every thing I've read so far, it sounds like 2k has made improvements crafted around what their fans have commented on. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage to see for myself. I can't wait to see what 2k has improved. I'm really looking forward to this season with the Mets, and what better way then to play with a virtual representation of them in an outstanding new installment of MLB, a month before the season.

Let's go 2k! Let's go baseball sims! But most importantly, LET'S GO METS!!!

Oh yeah. I hit 20,000 gamerscore. Woot. Get on my level.
    phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phlegms

Closest thing we have to baseball in Ireland is Hurling. But it is way more intense than baseball :p

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Baseball is the shittest sport going. Only my opinion of course, but it really is pish.
    Gen_Warbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gen_Warbuff

11 days till pitchers & catchers report!

After the train wreck that was MLB2k7.... I had to do the unthinkable and buy a PS3 just for MLB08 The Show. Let me tell ya, that game BLOWS away anything 2k has done when it comes to baseball, it's the closest thing to MVP out there.

I tried .... really tried to get into 2k last year, again.... but again I just found it way to buggy. I do have hopes for 2k9 but I am not holding my breath. The funny things is the guy that was behind MVP 05' has been on the 2k team for what, like 3 years now?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I love baseball and everything surrounding it.  Unfortunately, I haven't played a great baseball video game in a long time, but I'm beginning to feel the urge to buy a new one.

But MrBoJangles?  The Mets?  Come on, now, don't you mean the Dodgers?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By giyanks22

I like baseball....GO YANKEES I might pick up 2k9, but MVP baseball is just so much better.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By whackmypinata

MVP was the best, no question. But this year 2K9 is being developed by Visual Concepts. They're damn good with the NBA 2K series, let's see them bring it here.
    I bought MVP Baseball for the PSP today :P

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hexpane

2k7 had rough bugs but was still a playable game.  2k8 was simply unplayable.  The timing on the pitching was off, resulting in 10 meatballs per game easily.  totally unrealistic and turned it into a complete mess.

I actually got a lot of miles out of 2k7.  But 2k8 was simply a good idea gone horribly awry.  2k9 sounds a lot better but I wish I could get my $36 back for 2k8.  I certainly will not pay $60 for 2k9, no way in hell.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Messier

The Mets need to sign Manny Ramirez.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Been a baseball fan for a long long long long time.  I remember going to Nolan Ryan's last game.  THAT was a sad day.  Unfortunately, I don't play baseball GAMES...I just play baseball PICK-UP GAMES!  lol  Summer comes around, and me, my brother, and some friends all head down to the Little League park down the road from my parents' house and play a few innings.  It's good fun indeed.

I will forever be a Rangers and Astros fan, whether they are good or bad.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PercyChuggs

Just hunt down a copy of MVP Baseball 2005 on PC and wait for the MLB 09 total conversion mod.

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Travis

Let's go Mets!!  And I'm also a member of the 20,000 gamerscore club. :)

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By unsolvedparadox

In retrospect, the game was too similar to Major League Baseball 2K8 and still had problems with irregular animations and bad bugs. On Pro with default sliders, 25% of the time the catcher will just let you steal home. 

If I hadn't misplaced my copy of MLB 09: The Show
     in my place, I would have switched over...

MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrBojangles

oh yeah dude, i bought a PS3 just for the show once i experienced just how shitty 2k9 was

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.