Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marcus Fenix

Character » appears in 8 games

Marcus Fenix is the lead protagonist of the Gears of War series. A war hero who turned into a prison inmate for a rash decision, he is now humanity's last hope against the Locust Horde and the leader of Delta Squad.

So does Master Chief have any personality?

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Edited By The_Icon

I found an article at IGN.com saying who would win between Fenix and Chief; they declared Fenix as the winner. Also most thinks Fenix will win because of his strength in his character. Anyways the reason I think chief is far better is because of his different class. He is goddamn Spartan, the strongest and most intelligent of all of the warriors of his class (tell me how intelligent Marcus really is?) And to the guys who say he has no personality; I kinda agree and disagree. I agree because the games in the series hardly show MC have some kind of personality. But.... if you guys read the novels, you'd understand how awesome MC and his fellow Spartans II and III s were. How they were selected...how they are paradropped from athousand feed high when they were just 5 or 6 year olds to test their wits. Its amazing. Halo as a universe is deep and rich; its just under utilized.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Icon

I found an article at IGN.com saying who would win between Fenix and Chief; they declared Fenix as the winner. Also most thinks Fenix will win because of his strength in his character. Anyways the reason I think chief is far better is because of his different class. He is goddamn Spartan, the strongest and most intelligent of all of the warriors of his class (tell me how intelligent Marcus really is?) And to the guys who say he has no personality; I kinda agree and disagree. I agree because the games in the series hardly show MC have some kind of personality. But.... if you guys read the novels, you'd understand how awesome MC and his fellow Spartans II and III s were. How they were selected...how they are paradropped from athousand feed high when they were just 5 or 6 year olds to test their wits. Its amazing. Halo as a universe is deep and rich; its just under utilized.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

FLAMEBAIT!!!  FLAMEBAIT!!!

caption
    caption

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Icon

I dont know about flame bait. I am just giving my thoughts on it, whether correct or not . While posting it, it asked whether I want to post in the Master Chief forum or Marcus forum; I chose Marcus as I thought with the release of GeOW 2, it would be more active. 

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Master Chief cares not for your inane discussion for he is in happyland
    Master Chief cares not for your inane discussion for he is in happyland
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Master Chief FTW!
    This FisH's vote is for the MC himself.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Icon
    ReTarDedFisHy said:
    "Master Chief FTW!
    This FisH's vote is for the MC himself."
    The thing is, people need to read the novels and then judge who can whop's who's ass.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pause422

You're referring to their personality though, I don't even like Marcus Fenix but he at least talks at a rate, and you can understand what kind of person he is, MC not so much..hes completely stale as a character. I don't care what novels say based on the universe, the comparison is between how they are in the games. Even with you adding things that 'happened' to MC in a novel, it still isn't giving him a personality, he is mostly silent throughout almost every game, and extremely boring, and to me one of the worst characters ever.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Icon
    pause422 said:
    "You're referring to their personality though, I don't even like Marcus Fenix but he at least talks at a rate, and you can understand what kind of person he is, MC not so much..hes completely stale as a character. I don't care what novels say based on the universe, the comparison is between how they are in the games. Even with you adding things that 'happened' to MC in a novel, it still isn't giving him a personality, he is mostly silent throughout almost every game, and extremely boring, and to me one of the worst characters ever."
    Thats the most disappointing part of Halo games. But in the novels, you'll love him. Also Kurt (another Spartan II)
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90

the only thing that I like about him is his Voice actor  Steve downs (my friends and family  say my voice is exactly like him , I can prove it if you want  lol )  other than that it is just a regular lifeless polygon  to me .

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

dude master cheef could kill fenix with 1 single br bullet

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    crunchUK said:
    "dude master cheef could kill fenix with 1 single br bullet"
    first : you are wrong 
    Second : if you are using Dial up Modem avoid clicking the post button more than once , right now you have posted 4 same shit :P
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Tarsier said:
     Marcus Fenix is just a regular dude. And he's fat."
    excuse me !!!! he is muscular not fat .  please do not judge the thick dude when you have no knowledge about Bodybuilding  , thank you  :P 
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail

I hope you realized by this time that no one cares.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
    Snail said:
    "I hope you realized by this time that no one cares."
    Pretty much, and the days of trying to get people to believe that MC is somehow a good video game character should of ended long ago, get over the fact that hes terrible.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "dude master cheef could kill fenix with 1 single br bullet"
    first : you are wrong 
    Second : if you are using Dial up Modem avoid clicking the post button more than once , right now you have posted 4 same shit :P"
    firstly i am right - fenix has no helmet or shields of any kind and 1 br headshott = instant death. no the bandana doesn't deflect bullets

secondly lol how did that happen
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By HazBazz
    The_Icon said:
    "

. But.... if you guys read the novels,

"
    This. This is the part where your argument fell appart
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Could you imagine the intellectual discussion those two brain dead steroid laden gym bunnies would have.

Anyway as for a fight, are we talking to the death because I can seriously see MC and Fenix making sweet hetero life partner love halfway through the battle.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Tarsier said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Tarsier said:
     Marcus Fenix is just a regular dude. And he's fat."
    excuse me !!!! he is muscular not fat .  please do not judge the thick dude when you have no knowledge about Bodybuilding  , thank you  :P 
    "
    If you had knowledge of  bodybuilding you would know that it is pretty much impossible to get to that size and shape. Marcus and friends look like something from the Hulk, or bad guys from X Men."

For the record I’m an armature bodybuilder myself  (to be precise I am training for 3.5 years ) and I should tell ya that Marcus Fenix is big but not that big , the fact that  he looks so bulky is because of his Armors , he does not look heavier than 250 pounds in my opinion (I am 225 myself) so achieving a Body like Marcus Fenix (providing that you have the genetic , exercise properly and constantly , consume sport supplement , juice very little amount of Steroid every now and then ) will only takes 5-6 years which is not impossible at all .   

In Bodybuilding we'd  consider a person like  Marcus Ruhl as a relatively huge man , there are bigger dudes but I do not have their photos right now

in real life Rhul is way bigger than Marcus Fenix
    in real life Rhul is way bigger than Marcus Fenix

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bulldog19892

The novels don't count. You can't base a character's personality based off of a third party product.

As characters, I personally don't like either of them. Marcus Fenix and Master Chief both have very little depth. Marcus Fenix is a dumb, smartass brute of a guy, while Master Chief is a faceless, emotionless, mandroid. I'd say Marcus Fenix is the better character, but that doesn't make him a good one.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that body builder is gross.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bulldog19892
    Champy said:
    "that body builder is gross."
    I've always found body building to be such a pointless sport.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Champy said:
    I've always found body building to be such a pointless sport."
    you are totally wrong , you do not know how many times Bodybuilding saved me a lot of troubles . I knew some very huge trouble makers (7 feet , over 300 pounds)  are stronger than me but none of them fought with me simply becasue they thought I am stronger (even though I was not )  ,  it is an awesome sport
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bulldog19892
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "Champy said:
    you are totally wrong , you do not know how many times Bodybuilding saved me a lot of troubles . I knew some very huge trouble makers (7 feet , over 300 pounds)  are stronger than me but none of them fought with me simply becasue they thought I am stronger (even though I was not )  ,  it is an awesome sport"
    ...so because you're a body builder, bad guys are intimidated by you. Okay. That doesn't make it any more entertaining or useful. I mean seriously, you spend years working out, eating "healthy", and sometimes even juicing just so you can look like you're big, then you stand on a stage for a while and flex while people judge who looks bigger and better shaped (and by the way I find bodybuilders to be some of the most fake-looking unattractive people out there.). It's not entertaining to watch people flex for an hour or so, and the bodybuilders spend a gigantic amount of their life just toning their bodies (and they're not even especially healthy, just big). What good did anyone get out of that?
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "Champy said:
    you are totally wrong , you do not know how many times Bodybuilding saved me a lot of troubles . I knew some very huge trouble makers (7 feet , over 300 pounds)  are stronger than me but none of them fought with me simply becasue they thought I am stronger (even though I was not )  ,  it is an awesome sport"
    ...so because you're a body builder, bad guys are intimidated by you. Okay. That doesn't make it any more entertaining or useful. I mean seriously, you spend years working out, eating "healthy", and sometimes even juicing just so you can look like you're big, then you stand on a stage for a while and flex while people judge who looks bigger and better shaped (and by the way I find bodybuilders to be some of the most fake-looking unattractive people out there.). It's not entertaining to watch people flex for an hour or so, and the bodybuilders spend a gigantic amount of their life just toning their bodies (and they're not even especially healthy, just big). What good did anyone get out of that?"
    well I do not know about you but I have nothing other than Bodybuilding to worry about  ,  I know many people as friends or relatives  who  said the same thing like you and  later stated proudly that they smoke weeds and drink  alcohol till they burst . I personally for the sake of Bodybuilding do not drink  whatsoever, do not even stay in an area  where  jokers smoke ( yes I call all the smokers , Jokers ) , eat healthy food , well the only part which is not healthy  is juicing and I personally do not juice too often . so Bodybuilding is indeed healthy . and besides , it is something that gives me a reason to go , other than that I really have no goal in my life . so if you were in my position you would not call it pointless .
    E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By E_rock

Halo novels?  No thank you sir.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive

i wouldve voted master chief, but of course all the fanboys hopped on fenix bird because the game just came out and theyre all about it. and as if MC doesn't have good character?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bulldog19892
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "Champy said:
    ...so because you're a body builder, bad guys are intimidated by you. Okay. That doesn't make it any more entertaining or useful. I mean seriously, you spend years working out, eating "healthy", and sometimes even juicing just so you can look like you're big, then you stand on a stage for a while and flex while people judge who looks bigger and better shaped (and by the way I find bodybuilders to be some of the most fake-looking unattractive people out there.). It's not entertaining to watch people flex for an hour or so, and the bodybuilders spend a gigantic amount of their life just toning their bodies (and they're not even especially healthy, just big). What good did anyone get out of that?"
    well I do not know about you but I have nothing other than Bodybuilding to worry about  ,  I know many people as friends or relatives  who  said the same thing like you and  later stated proudly that they smoke weeds and drink  alcohol till they burst . I personally for the sake of Bodybuilding do not drink  whatsoever, do not even stay in an area  where  jokers smoke ( yes I call all the smokers , Jokers ) , eat healthy food , well the only part which is not healthy  is juicing and I personally do not juice too often . so Bodybuilding is indeed healthy . and besides , it is something that gives me a reason to go , other than that I really have no goal in my life . so if you were in my position you would not call it pointless ."
    So it keeps you healthy and gives you a goal in life. Seems like a strange ambition, but if it puts strength in your step, then I'm not one to take that away from you. Also, I'm not exactly sure, but are you trying to compare me potheads and alcoholics just because I'm criticizing bodybuilding?
    English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By English

You can't blame bodybuilders, as humans that were once primitive, we were once much more physical, and our strength and size played a lot into our success. Some people really get something out of it. It's like a hobby. Some people are "hardcore" gamers, golfers, etc, you can classify a bodybuilder similarly. Like most hobbies/sports, the more you put into them, the more you get out of them.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "Champy said:
    well I do not know about you but I have nothing other than Bodybuilding to worry about  ,  I know many people as friends or relatives  who  said the same thing like you and  later stated proudly that they smoke weeds and drink  alcohol till they burst . I personally for the sake of Bodybuilding do not drink  whatsoever, do not even stay in an area  where  jokers smoke ( yes I call all the smokers , Jokers ) , eat healthy food , well the only part which is not healthy  is juicing and I personally do not juice too often . so Bodybuilding is indeed healthy . and besides , it is something that gives me a reason to go , other than that I really have no goal in my life . so if you were in my position you would not call it pointless ."
    So it keeps you healthy and gives you a goal in life. Seems like a strange ambition, but if it puts strength in your step, then I'm not one to take that away from you. Also, I'm not exactly sure, but are you trying to compare me potheads and alcoholics just because I'm criticizing bodybuilding?"
      I was merely talking about some Bodybuilding haters  whom I knew  and the fact that you critisize Bodybuilding does  NOT mean that you are a doper or alcoholic whatsoever . I am just saying that this way , worked /works/will work for many people , it may not work for people like you , but it sure as hell work for some dudes  .
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    English said:
    "You can't blame bodybuilders, as humans that were once primitive, we were once much more physical, and our strength and size played a lot into our success. Some people really get something out of it. It's like a hobby. Some people are "hardcore" gamers, golfers, etc, you can classify a bodybuilder similarly. Like most hobbies/sports, the more you put into them, the more you get out of them.

"
    this guy tells the truth
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK

how did chief vs fenix turn into a bodybuilding argument? : S

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Icon

@crunchUK - I wish I knew man.......

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GioVANNI

I'd have to agree with you here.  He's a goddamn SPARTAN.  Could Marcus Fenix survive a fall from space?  No, no he couldn't. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.