Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Kart 8

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 29, 2014

Mario Kart returns and makes its HD-debut with gravity-defying hover vehicles, a new spin on the traditional track designs, ATVs, the return of classic Last Man Standing-Battle Mode, custom online tournaments and Mario Kart TV, which allows for sharing of highlight videos online.

Mario Kart 8 quick look

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nemrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

are the guys going to do a quick look?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl

@nemrak: alex is in town this week and he's the expert so they're probably waiting for him.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pyrodactyl: less that he's the expert and more that he's been the only one with a copy.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Relax, they're just getting used to the new office.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bisonhero: Good on you for keeping it going, I guess, but you should probably wait for an actual opening for it?

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cooljammer00

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/quick-look-mario-kart-8/2300-6419098/

The GB Quick Look for Mario Kart 8 is exclusively on Gamespot early for some reason. This is silly.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cooljammer00: I'm guessing that probably went up early by accident.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I can understand why they would have wanted to wait, but I still wish they had just gone out and bought a copy on Friday and done a QL then. Waiting nearly a week to post any video content of a pretty anticipated game seems a bit questionable.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hunkulese

@wemibelec90: Pretty standard. Not covering games they don't care about was one of the main principles behind creating their own website.

Look around. You can find hundreds of other Mario Kart videos.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By handlas
    @superkenon said:

@bisonhero: Good on you for keeping it going, I guess, but you should probably wait for an actual opening for it?

No he nailed it.

Look, the guys even got up the QL while settling into the new office. They're pros. Hopefully Vinny is as quick to settle into his new office.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm hoping we get a quick look from each coast [and a Dave Lang one for good(?) measure]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can understand why they would have wanted to wait, but I still wish they had just gone out and bought a copy on Friday and done a QL then. Waiting nearly a week to post any video content of a pretty anticipated game seems a bit questionable.

Considering how Jeff clearly feels about Mario Kart from the Quick Look, everyone should be glad they waited. It would have been 20 minutes of him sighing while Brad was busy being Brad. Alex genuinely likes the game and made the video quite enjoyable.

I love Jeff, but when he doesn't like something, he lets everyone know. It's good to have someone that actually liked the game there to act as a balance.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

So, since they've posted the QL, is everyone bitching about Jeff in the comments? I haven't looked and I can only imagine the pissing and moaning knows no bounds.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@jasonr86 said:

So, since they've posted the QL, is everyone bitching about Jeff in the comments? I haven't looked and I can only imagine the pissing and moaning knows no bounds.

Yep.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@animathias said:

@wemibelec90 said:

Considering how Jeff clearly feels about Mario Kart from the Quick Look, everyone should be glad they waited. It would have been 20 minutes of him sighing while Brad was busy being Brad. Alex genuinely likes the game and made the video quite enjoyable.

I love Jeff, but when he doesn't like something, he lets everyone know. It's good to have someone that actually liked the game there to act as a balance.

Hmm, seems like a good reason, actually. I haven't watched the QL yet (busy with the Bombcast!), so I wasn't aware of that. It's probably nice to hear someone who really enjoys the game talk about it.

In reality, I just figured they didn't bother since Alex already had a copy and they were busy with E3 preparations. Just call me a QL addict. ^_^

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@milkman:

Well, then I'm glad I'm not involved in any of that bullshit then.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Since there's now a QL, I'm locking this down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.