Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

Marvel Heroes' prices to drop?

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By djhicks1

I heard from a friend that they might lower prices across the board soon. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Because, you know, the prices are RIDICULOUS.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@djhicks1: huh, maybe a sale? who knows but I think the point where I was likely to spend money on characters is over, even if its 50% off.

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super2j: Dude, I am so into that game right now. I had my mouse over the X-Force pack yesterday and almost went for it. But only regret can come from spending $85 on digital people.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By williamhenry

Am I the only one who is fine with their prices? I mean, yeah, they're way too high if you want everything, but with a game like this, how many characters do you actually need? Three at the most? That would probably equal out to about full price for a game. Most people would probably be fine with only one character which equals out to paying less than full price. All I'm saying is that if its between the game being F2P and paying up to an optional $20 for the character I really want or the game being full price at $50-$60 but every character is available, I'd rather have the F2P option because if this game wasn't F2P, I would have never touched it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Am I the only one who is fine with their prices? I mean, yeah, they're way too high if you want everything, but with a game like this, how many characters do you actually need? Three at the most? That would probably equal out to about full price for a game. Most people would probably be fine with only one character which equals out to paying less than full price. All I'm saying is that if its between the game being F2P and paying up to an optional $20 for the character I really want or the game being full price at $50-$60 but every character is available, I'd rather have the F2P option because if this game wasn't F2P, I would have never touched it.

I've had 16 hours of fun so far with just a $9 Punisher, I'm with you on the prices thing.

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantstalker: @williamhenry: When I played WoW I had 5 different races each with unique classes, max leveled and geared. So I'm the kind of crazy person from which they'll likely get too much money. If the X-Force pack was $40 I would have bought it without hesitation. But yeah, if you only want one character I can see how the prices could be okay at a maximum of $10/hero. That $20 Deadpool crap is outrageous. And I agree that I would have never touched this if it weren't free to play. So thankful that I did.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By veektarius

@djhicks1: I bought the X-Force 'founder' back or whatever it was called for $60, for four dudes and $30 in in-game money. It wasn't a wise purchase, but I think that was an acceptable value (especially since two of the most expensive chars are involved). But then I went and spent 9 of my dollars on Cyclops and have played nothing but him, so... (I'll probably give Cable a shot at some point, Deadpool didn't do it for me.)

IRT if they aren't seeing much action on their shop on their highest-priced characters, it wouldn't be at all premature for them to consider repricing.

BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BRG9000

I think the smart way to do it would be to have sales. Put a couple heroes and a handful of costumes at half price on a rotating basis each week. Basically what League of Legends does, in other words.

Edit: Though I do agree with the others here that the prices are pretty okay. I put in $20 and bought the hulk and a bank slot (with a few bucks left over) and have been pretty satisfied with the entertainment I got for that.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

Since there's no way to try out heroes to see which one you like, yeah, the prices are way too fucking high.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Value is definetly something that only the person paying money can define, i found value in supporting the game early and getting my hands on all of the characters, my brother hasnt bought anything and just enjoys the game as is but i wouldnt say either of us are correct. If you get the use out of it then its fine. The Storm, Scarlett Witch and Hawkeye fans really lucked out though lol

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think they were thinking to far ahead by selling skins and characters for ten plus dollars a pop. I feel like they thought the content in this game would hold up and make players to replay the game more. Sure I spent the 10 bucks for a characters, but not sure I'm interested in re-playing the same storyline with the 2-3 other characters I got for free. It stinks cause from the 20+ hours I put into Marvel Heroes I really enjoyed. I just think the pay model is kind of shoddy, which sucks cause we'll probably get more content if the pay scale succeeds. Here's hoping more Marvel Heroes stuff comes out in the future.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Won't make the game any less mind-numbingly dull. If it sucks for free, $19 deadpool sure as fuck ain't worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.