Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

MH Promo Codes and Events [UPDATED 25 June 2015]

• 93 results
    I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Marvel Heroes is currently doing their 10 Days of Guardians of the Galaxy promotion. So far it's been another Buy one get one free sale on heroes and chase variant costumes sale. I am wondering if the last day will be the release of Star Lord since it would kind of make sense with the film and all.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/10-days-guardians-galaxy

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've gotten Ms. Marvel and Jean Grey to lvl 60. Both are pretty awesome. I play Ms. Marvel as pretty much a tank and she can pretty much solo cosmic bosses the way I have her speced. Jean Grey I just play exclusively with the Phoenix tree, for the most part, but she's a little more squishy. Both play very differently, which is nice. I have also tried Psylocke, Squirrel Girl, Invisible Woman, and Storm. I have purchased, with money or eternity splinters, all the female characters. The good time to buy is during the BOGO events since you can get a character you want, and then get a second hero. It's random though. I've had good luck with it. I bought a cheap character, it may have been Thing or Scarlet Witch, and I got Deadpool, so it's worth it to wait for the promotion, and they do it a lot so it's not hard to wait.

I started with a character I knew I really liked, which was Jean. I spent money since I knew I would play it enough to get my money's worth, and at 147 hours and counting I have been very happy with the game. I play almost exclusively with my husband, who started with Cyclops, who he thinks is the best character he has played. He has also tried Luke Cage, Hawkeye and Iron Man. The best advice in this thread is to play a character you like and not to worry about which one is "better" or OP. I didn't know how Jean or Ms. Marvel would play, and both are super fun. I only picked them because I like the characters in the comics.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Felt lucky today so I spend the 9 bucks for Mr. Fantastic since it's a Buy one Get one free thing going on with heroes. Super psyched, I got Iron Man free which is like a 13 dollar super hero. I've done the bogo sale twice before and each time I've gotten a hero I already own. Lady luck is on my side today!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@jadegl: I've heard Jean Grey is an amazing character - I also liked her in the comics but I've been holding out hoping to unlock Emma Frost, as I just recently read the Emma Frost Ultimate Collection and realized what a fantastic character she is.

I started out with Iron Man and liked him - he did seem OP. I got to around level 40-ish or so, then started playing Diablo 3 and a bunch of others games, but I think I'm ready to come back and spend some more time with Marvel Heroes now. It really is quite a game for being Free to Play, it has one of the least offensive business models I've yet encountered in these types of games. Another thing I really appreciate about Marvel Heroes is the constant updates and balancing that Gazillion does, as well as the level of community interaction and feedback they maintain. Blizzard could learn a few things from them in those departments.

I have a feeling I may restart a new character soon instead of continuing Iron Man though, it's been several months since I've touched the game and so much has changed I feel like I need a bit of a refresher course in how everything works before diving back in. I guess that's the downside, if one could call it that, to having the game be updated so often.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Corevi

If Star Lord is indeed what's coming then I will get back into the game. Star Lord is rad as hell.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Domino just been added to the mix for team-up heroes.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Yeah they tend to go pretty fast. Sucky.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mb: About an hour ago Marvel Heroes is giving away a free hero box themselves.

Code is: SDCCMH2015

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mike

@i_stay_puft: NICE, thanks for the heads up.

I got Storm! Finally a character I actually wanted from a random box.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mb said:

@i_stay_puft: NICE, thanks for the heads up.

I got Storm! Finally a character I actually wanted from a random box.

Nice, been lucky so far this week got a new character free through the bogo sale. Also got Thor and Emma Frost through the random hero box. Been my luckiest week so far in the game when doing random hero boxes.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mike

@i_stay_puft: My two last boxes I got Punisher and then a Punisher upgrade token...I love that character but he sucks so bad in MH.

I've been tempted to spend money but I'm going to try and stick to playing this without buying characters and just get the ones I want with splinters. A few months ago I did buy the Mk II Iron Man costume, though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I tend to follow a specific rule when it comes to buying characters. Only do it on bogo sales and buy only the $4.50 ones first. Doing so you could possibly spend 10 bucks and walk away with 4 characters, 2 low priced and 2 possibly higher priced ones. I think Mr. Fantastic was the first 9 dollar one I bought but even then I got him during a bogo sale where I got the higher priced Iron Man for free. It truly feels like gambling when you get those random hero boxes but when you do get a newer expensive characters, the high I get can't beat that.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

steam says I've played this game 778 hours >_>;;;

In game name is Wadtomaton, feel free to say hi :D

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mike

@i_stay_puft: Do you know if the lower priced characters have a higher chance of dropping from the random boxes?

I've only spent my splinters on random boxes in the past, but besides the Punisher fiasco I got Spider Man and The Thing. No interest in Spider Man, but he is a higher priced character, probably because of his relative popularity compared to some of the lesser known heroes in the game. I think from now on I'll just save up my splinters and get the characters I actually want instead of gambling, though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: It's all random I believe all characters have equal chance of dropping no matter the cost of them.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for all the codes!

In game name is HugeVidGameFan, feel free to add me or say hi!

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Karthas

If my luck is indicative of anything the random boxes have a higher than normal chance to give you one of the few heroes you already have (I'm well aware this is not the case, but damned if it doesn't feel like it- RNG is RNG). My full history:

• First Hero: Hawkeye
    • Second Hero (free hero pre-Splinters): Scarlet Witch
    • Random (Eternity Splinters) - Squirrel Girl (Sweet!)
    • Random (Eternity Splinters) - Hawkeye (Already had- ugh)
    • Bought Black Widow - BOGO: Deadpool (Double-sweet!)
    • Bought Storm - BOGO: Squirrel Girl (Ugh)
    • Bought Thing - BOGO: Hulk (That works)
    • Bought Taskmaster - BOGO: Hawkeye (...)
    • Random (Eternity Splinters) - Storm (Good thing I bought her)
    • Random (Promo) - Deadpool (Woo?)
    • Random (Promo) - Spiderman

Total Random Boxes containing heroes I already owned- 5/9

Total Heroes I still don't own: 26

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Karthas said:

Just save up the splinters and buy the heroes you want that way, random boxes are by their very nature random

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Thanks for posting the code! I somehow have been able to avoid getting a duplicate character so far and have like 15 now. Though I'm still unsure why I actually invested money in this game. I don't see the appeal after putting many hours into it. The loot draw doesn't grab me like Diablo does, especially considering your appearance doesn't change from new loot. And if the draw isn't new loot, what is it?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalerax said:

The loot draw doesn't grab me like Diablo does, especially considering your appearance doesn't change from new loot. And if the draw isn't new loot, what is it?

Fun? I have two maxed out D3 characters - WD and DH that have T6 on farm - and appearance is not why I go after loot in that game either. In fact when I get a new piece I usually change it to look like it used to. Most people who play D3 enough have almost every transmog unlocked anyway and can change any piece of gear to look like anything they want, so I doubt appearance is the driving factor for most people in that game. MH is still a very similar ARPG loot grind to me, although I'm not close to maxing out any characters yet.

The game is a lot of fun and the characters I've tried all seem different enough to make them worth playing. It's a great game to click on stuff and listen to podcasts or have a movie on my other monitor, stuff like that. I can't really do that with D3 especially doing Torment VI stuff, it's just too difficult and a momentary lapse in concentration usually equals a death.

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Karthas said:

Just save up the splinters and buy the heroes you want that way, random boxes are by their very nature random

While definitely a valid strategy, I don't really have any heroes that I "ache" for at the moment. Deadpool was the one I really wanted and I lucked out there- so at this point I'd rather have the 2-3 random chances for the same price as one particular hero. With all the ones I'm lacking you'd think it'd be a sound way to go, but the RNG gods have not been smiling upon me. I think I need to light some candles and soak some D20s in virgin goat's blood or something.

I would totally pay $10-$15 for a Permanent Splinter Doubler or something though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mb said:

@dalerax said:

The loot draw doesn't grab me like Diablo does, especially considering your appearance doesn't change from new loot. And if the draw isn't new loot, what is it?

Fun? I have two maxed out D3 characters - WD and DH that have T6 on farm - and appearance is not why I go after loot in that game either. In fact when I get a new piece I usually change it to look like it used to. Most people who play D3 enough have almost every transmog unlocked anyway and can change any piece of gear to look like anything they want, so I doubt appearance is the driving factor for most people in that game. MH is still a very similar ARPG loot grind to me, although I'm not close to maxing out any characters yet.

The game is a lot of fun and the characters I've tried all seem different enough to make them worth playing. It's a great game to click on stuff and listen to podcasts or have a movie on my other monitor, stuff like that. I can't really do that with D3 especially doing Torment VI stuff, it's just too difficult and a momentary lapse in concentration usually equals a death.

For me like what MB said each character feels entirely different to the point where it's fun exploring and figuring out which move sets work best with how you are playing. Another thing that really makes MH super duper addicting is that everything is not given to you at once. In Diablo 3 you get access to every class there is while each character do fit in certain classes they aren't given to you and gotta be earned in some way. There's also a bunch of ofther ways to fufill your goal needs if characters aren't what you're striving for. Currently I have about 18 super heroes I got either through purchase or as a random hero box so that's enough different characters to level up, right now though I'm where I haven't spent any money on costumes and I heard that if you level up your crafter to 20 you can start doing that. That's super awesome and it is something I'm currently trying to work towards.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for the record for those who don't play often but do play on occasion and are reading this. During this whole 10 days of galaxy of the guardians promo each day you log in you get a free log-in reward. It might be worth it just to log in every day just to collect your free gift.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got Loki, it's nice to finally have someone to play with besides The Punisher and his constant cloning seems like a lot of ridiculous fun.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Today's event is a costume bogo sale. Bought Deadpool's 450 g costume and got Loki's 1450 g enhanced female costume for free. I currently don't have Loki but he will be the next hero I'm going to get after I farm enough eternity splinters.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jadegl

@i_stay_puft: that is awesome! I actually broke down and got the Ms Marvel Binary costume, and my bogo was the Ghost Rider Fantastic Four costume, which is fine. I would have freaked out if I had been lucky enough to get one of the enhanced costumes. You're one lucky duck!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadegl: Yeah super psyched when I found out.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Wow that is nice! Congrats. I'm tempted to buy a costume or two primarily to support Gazillion, I'm just not sure there are any I really want right now. I've been looking though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's 10 day of Guardian of the Galaxy promo is 25% off Team-up Heroes (except for Domino) & Pets. Good deal especially if you have any g's laying around from buying any costumes or heroes earlier.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

The new GotG were available to play today on test center with some people getting their first look at Star-Lord, along with Gamor, Drax, and Groot as team ups. Some new info starting hitting up the MH forums and sub-reddit forums that I thought was interesting. From what it looks like all three of the team ups are being priced at 750 g a pop and possibly 600 es. If you were interested in picking up 2 of the new team up heroes it might be a better idea to just grab the GotG team up pack if you have the money. You're basically saving yourself a hero by grabbing it for the limited time it is available.

Info on GotG Team-Up Heroes:

Groot
    Groot
    Drax
    Drax

Gamora
    Gamora

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kudos to @i_stay_puft for keeping the GotG event info coming! Thank you for your hard work :D

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angus_lafroy: Hey thanks!

Btw for those who were waiting for Star Lord to become available, he is as of today. Drax, Gamora and Groot are also now available as team up heroes.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#86 rmanthorp  Moderator

MORE CODES: HAPPYTHURSDAY = XP GUARDIANS = GUARDIANS BOOST

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The codes were pretty sweet I just farmed close to 80 e.s in about 3-4 hours worth of playing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

On Steam at the moment they have a 1/2 price off sale for their hero packs. You basically get a hero, 3 costumes and their storage unit for the equivalent of the price of the hero in the in-game store. The only thing that kinda sucks about this deal is that they only have it for a select few heroes not all of them.

Steam Sale.

Patch 1.1 is out as of today in lines with the cosmic chaos event happening all of next week. Along with that will be a sale on cosmic characters and costumes.

Patch Notes

Cosmic Sale

New Redemption Key: COSMICBUFF

Gives you a Cosmic Penta Rush Boost.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angus_lafroy: Thanks, just started a few days ago and this all really helped out.

angus_lafroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By angus_lafroy

@philosyfee: I am glad you were able to use this! Make sure to come back each week for new promo codes!

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the code update :D

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

A few promo codes were added which include rarity, xp, iridum and special find rush boosts.

Codes:

UNSTOPPABLENICK

UNSTOPPABLEMMORPG

UNSTOPPABLEMASSIVELY

UNSTOPPABLETENTONHAMMER

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

X-Giving event just started, just a little taste of what's to come in the next few days during the holiday break. Also don't forget this Friday they're combining all the sales this past week into one major sale on Friday. Good deal if there were a few heroes you wanted to get.

No Caption Provided

Edit: One last thing don't forget to log in this Saturday you get a special limited "X-Men Blackbird Jet" pet.

No Caption Provided

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1943068

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.