Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

Increase your chances of dropping heroes

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 42

this might be obvious for people more familiar with the game but for those that are new this link may be of use http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_Unlock_More_Heroes_in_Marvel_Heroes

one thing he didn't mention is the utility stat special item find which increases your chances of finding heroes, costumes and fortune cards (i believe items like retcon devices as well). not to be confused with rarity boost which works for rare equipment rather. so try to make yourself a farming gear set consisting a high percentage of special item find when you go out AoE farming.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It might help, I don't know why it shouldn't; but all we know is that even if you have equipment that boosts your Special Item Find by say 25%, it sounds a lot only it is still a 25% boost of <Insert Super Low Drop-Rate> which still makes is about the same in terms of relative chances. Adding consumables to that might help you even more though.

I don't enjoy this game nearly enough to devote time for grinding specifically, which makes it highly unlikely I'll play as another hero while still remotely interested in the game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

what Funky said, at the end of the day, its just RNG. I remember in Diablo 3 I was STACKED with magicfind, didnt get shit, friend of mine got good stuff all the time with no magicfind.

I finished the story on Marvel with Scarlet Witch, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, but I got no hero as a drop, and the 2 I got from Prologue and finishing the story were Storm and Hawkeye which I dont really want to play tbh (a friend of mine already plays Storm), I was hoping for Thing from the freebies, or some hero drop. I got neither so I might be done with the game for now, until theres some sale on heroes or something.

Dont get me wrong, I got like 18 hours out of it, didnt spend a dime, so Im happy.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@funkydupe said:

It might help, I don't know why it shouldn't; but all we know is that even if you have equipment that boosts your Special Item Find by say 25%, it sounds a lot only it is still a 25% boost of <Insert Super Low Drop-Rate> which still makes is about the same in terms of relative chances.

Hey man, if you add 25% to a Hero Drop Rate of 0.00004% whenever you kill a boss, now your Hero Drop Rate is 0.00005% whenever you kill a boss! Excelsior!

(It is just when you kill bosses, right?)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

@funkydupe said:

It might help, I don't know why it shouldn't; but all we know is that even if you have equipment that boosts your Special Item Find by say 25%, it sounds a lot only it is still a 25% boost of <Insert Super Low Drop-Rate> which still makes is about the same in terms of relative chances.

Hey man, if you add 25% to a Hero Drop Rate of 0.00004% whenever you kill a boss, now your Hero Drop Rate is 0.00005% whenever you kill a boss! Excelsior!

(It is just when you kill bosses, right?)

no, its from everything, but the % still seems right :P

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@rhaknar: Well, 0.00005% is a one in two million chance. I probably exaggerated a little bit. Definitely a fraction of a percent, but I probably added one or two more zeroes than is realistic.

Still, it seems like an abysmally low chance, that all the magic find in the world couldn't really dig you out of.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhaknar: Well, 0.00005% is a one in two million chance. I probably exaggerated a little bit. Definitely a fraction of a percent, but I probably added one or two more zeroes than is realistic.

Still, it seems like an abysmally low chance, that all the magic find in the world couldn't really dig you out of.

[Assume You Care About Marvel] By design this should make you both angry and frustrated; ultimately causing you to possibly, in your desperation, cave and just buy the hero you wanted to play since they won't let you pick from the entire pool for your free starter hero. Dr. Evil would be proud.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@funkydupe said:

@bisonhero said:

[Assume You Care About Marvel] By design this should make you both angry and frustrated; ultimately causing you to possibly, in your desperation, cave and just buy the hero you wanted to play since they won't let you pick from the entire pool for your free starter hero. Dr. Evil would be proud.

I sort of don't see any way that free to play isn't inherently awful, on an ethical level. The business model clearly makes no sense if the playerbase were purely 10-year-olds paying zero money, or somebody who buys a single character and stops. The business model preys upon people with poor self control, spanning the spectrum of people like Brad Shoemaker (spending like $50-$150 on fucking Dota 2 chest keys at this point, or something like it) all the way to those crazy bastards that every F2P game must have that have bought literally everything in the store. It's the only way these games pull in enough revenue to make sense. So to review:

Regular-ass retail (or digital marketplace) game: the deal is that each person gives a fixed amount of money up front, and hopefully the game you get is on par with other games of a similar price, giving you a sense of value. Whether you have poor self-control or not, you pay the current industry standard for that game. End of transaction, though DLC complicates that slightly (though most retail games have a limited amount of DLC).

Free-to-play game: the deal is that most players pay little to no money, and actually get to enjoy a pretty sweet game (in the case of any Valve F2P game, for example), while a small percentage of players pay an exorbitant amount to make up the difference. In theory, every player could spend $20-$30 on Marvel Heroes (let's assume that is about what it would cost if it had a cost) and it would work out, but since that is almost certainly not the case, there would have to be people paying much more to justify its continued existence. The unethical part is that even if costumes are worth $5 (or whatever) to that player, that price really is not representative of the minimal amount of effort from a concept artist and texture artist to actually make that costume. Also unethical is that most games put in some manner of barrier or roadblock, intentionally making their game slightly frustrating to entice you to buy boosters or more inventory slots or whatever. ("Yes, let's make the game more irritating", said no self-respecting game designer ever). Potentially, one player could spend hundreds of dollars on a game that isn't of extraordinary quality, nor does it require the sort of server maintenance costs of an MMO.

People are flocking to F2P because it's where the money is, but the whole thing seems morally bankrupt. You either fleece people out of money by frustrating them, or you trick them into gambling (like Valve does), or you don't do either very well and probably don't ever turn a profit (Double Fine's F2P mobile game must be in this category, because it is so inoffensive and you really don't need to spend money in it to progress, but the option is there).

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funkydupe

It is a nice touch to have the minimum amount of in-game credits available for purchase be 500; even if the store item you wanted is cheaper or just a bit above 500 in price. It is a technique that leaves the player feeling that he should find a way to spend those remaining credits; and that makes the player expose himself to the store's content again.

The cheapest heroes are 600. The next most cheaper ones are 900. Then 1200. This is because they don't want you to be able just pay 1000 or 2000 and get two heroes worth and have used all your account credits. When you go higher up in price/purchasing like 2100+ credits, the system becomes more lenient in this regard because you have already invested quite a bit already.

That's why you don't see heroes at 500. Or 800.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, finally got a hero to drop after 100+ hours and it was... Cyclops, who I already had (bought)... Joy. At least I saw for myself they exist. Dropped on Xavier mansion Hood red terminal, I decided to only do reds today since the chances are higher in theory (and I got a ton of keys), another dude in my party actually got 2 heroes in our session, a repeat hawkguy and punisher who he didn't have. Might stick with these reds for a while (until I'm out of keys at least)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.