Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Will GB review thsi game on the 29th, or wait till the 13th?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, so as we all know, this game is coming out on Live arcade on teh 29th of June, and the 13th of August. now, no doubt Jeff is gonna review this game, but im curious when he will do the review. will he just base his entire review off the 360 build coming the 29th? or will he wait for both to come out two weeks later and post teh review than. Honestly, I think it would be fair to wait till the 13th. they waited till BF 1943 was up and running on LIVE before posting review, why are you going to do the opposite now? 

(NOTE: this is not a topic regarding anything about GBs review Preferences, this is a topic asking wether or not reveiwers should wait until both versions of a game are out before reviewing it)

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

is it that big a deal? if there is anything hugely different about the PS3 version then that can be an addendum to the 360 review two weeks later.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @Bigandtasty:

Was there anything different that could have mattered about the 1943 review? no, but they decided to wait anyway rather than review the PS3 version only. There both the same, but they wanted to play it on 360, so they waited. For all you know, PSN version could be unplayable.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Bigandtasty: Was there anything different that could have mattered about the 1943 review? no, but they decided to wait anyway rather than review the PS3 version only. There both the same, but they wanted to play it on 360, so they waited. For all you know, PSN version could be unplayable. "
    How did I know that this is what this thread was going to be about?

I fully expect them not to review it considering that they've already made clear on the Bombcast that they don't really like MvC2.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pazy
    @Raven_Sword said:
    "They waited till BF 1943 was up and running on LIVW before psoting review, why are you going to do the opposite now? "

Maybe the question you should be asking is why did the wait on BF1943. Was it "Fanboyism", did they only have access to the 360 version or would rather play it on the 360 (personal preferance rather than hatred of PS3). If you knew that then you could probably tell the answer to your current question.

Im guessing the answer is if they have access to the 360 version they will review it and then look at the Ps3 version and add an adendum if needed and if not just tie to to PS3 page too.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword

Im not turning this into a GB fanboysim topic, so everyone STFU about that.  im just asking wether or not theyll wait or not.  If they add in something to teh review after PSN one comes out, than fine. Im just asking because this is a good question on wether reviewers should wait to review games till both versions are out, or just review the one out at that time?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " Im not turning this into a GB fanboysim topic, so everyoen STFU about that.  

...no one even accused you of "fanboyism"...
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ravensword
    @Bigandtasty:

Im not saying my Fanboyism, I just want peopel to realize that this isnt a topic in regards to any Review Prefernces the staff may have. some may think this because I made a topic about GBs review preferences, and I dont want to go through that shit storm again.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jkz

I think it seems pretty clear that most of the GB guys, especially Jeff n Ryan, prefer to play games, and in particular shooters, on the 360. I would assume they simply wanted to play BF the way they felt comfortable playing it.

This seems like the type of thing that will get reviewed immediately due to its compatability with fight sticks (I believe), and which will have an addendum if anything is drastically better, or worse, in the PS3 version.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
    @Pazy:

But you should atleast look at both versions to see if theres a big difference or not. taht way people who are getting it on PSN like me will know if its jsut as good or not.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
    @jukezypoo:

I jsut personally think reviewers should wait for both version before reviewing something.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Here's what I think: They won't review MvC 2. Jeff has clearly stated his dislike for the game, and so have Brad and Vinny. And if one of them does I predict 3 stars.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
    @ArbitraryWater:

When did they say they didnt like it? and what reasons did they give anyway?
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Pazy
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @ArbitraryWater: When did they say they didnt like it? and what reasons did they give anyway? "

I think it was on the bombcast at some point. 

And in reply to your earlier point (though im not happy you swore at me and everyone else) they should have a look at each version but they shouldent have to wait. If a game is released a week (or more) later on one platform then they could just as easily load it up and look for obvious issues before adding an adendum. With regards to BF1943 they were both released at the same time (or a day apart) so they probably feel they had to wait to review the Xbox 360 version as well since it was out and it would be unfair to review just the PS3 version and tell half (or whatever percentage) of people to wait it probably felt more fair to treat everyone equaly.

With Marvel vs Capcom 2 getting released weeks apart then they could just review the 360 version, my reasoning being the time it takes to review a game accurately (including usually time before a game is released) is less than how long PS3 users have to wait. Then an adendum can be added.

Thats just how I see it though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @ArbitraryWater: When did they say they didnt like it? and what reasons did they give anyway? "
    It's on one of the Bombcasts from this year. Basically they don't like it because it's too crazy and fast paced.
    spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By spiceninja

None of them like the game anyway so it probably won't be reviewed at all.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Marvel @Raven_Sword said:

" Ok, so as we all know, this game is coming out on Live arcade on teh 29th of June, and the 13th of August. now, no doubt Jeff is gonna review this game, but im curious when he will do the review. will he just base his entire review off the 360 build coming the 29th? or will he wait for both to come out two weeks later and post teh review than. Honestly, I think it would be fair to wait till the 13th. they waited till BF 1943 was up and running on LIVE before posting review, why are you going to do the opposite now?  (NOTE: this is not a topic regarding anything about GBs review Preferences, this is a topic asking wether or not reveiwers should wait until both versions of a game are out before reviewing it) "
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has been around for a while now. People who are into fighting games have all already played at least once. Do they really need to write a review?
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Sooperspy

I thought that on the I love modays video this week, they said they would review it during this week

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @PlasmaBeam44 said:
    " None of them like the game anyway so it probably won't be reviewed at all. "
    This is stupid. Would they have held a MvC2 tournament if they didnt like the game?
    spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spiceninja
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @PlasmaBeam44 said:
    This is stupid. Would they have held a MvC2 tournament if they didnt like the game? "
    They held a tournament because Capcom came to the party and brought it with them.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Venatio

All I know is, they would never wait until the PS3 version of a game is out if the 360 version already is, though it is clear that they would wait for the 360 version

Im not accusing them of being fanboys though I do know that they all prefer to play on their 360 if they have a choice, its almost the same with me though I do have some third-party games on my PS3 but mostly exclusives
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By metal_mills
    @PlasmaBeam44 said:
    4 stars of fail in this post.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#23  Edited By sjschmidt93

I'm sure he has the ps3 review build too.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spiceninja
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @PlasmaBeam44 said:
    4 stars of fail in this post. "
    I was very surprised by that review. On the Bombcast and in he Tatsunoko vs Capcom QL Jeff has said he doesn't like the Versus series and that includes MVC. Vinny has also said he doesn't like the series that much anymore. I'm not sure about Ryan and Brad but they never talk about it so I assume they don't really care much for the game as well. Jeff gave the game 4 stars because while he may not like playing it he does realize that the game is of quality and that it does have a strong fan following.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.