Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

I miss the arcades.

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By drgrumbles

Playing a fighting game in an non arcade setting is not fun:
    1. You have no idea who you are playing. In an arcade you can gain a notoriety. I know of a certain lady who is a beast at Puzzle Fighter and commanded respect when people played her.
     2. Getting called cheap and or names is way more fun in person. It is fun to beat someone and then have them throw a hissey fit in front of you rather than rage quit online and then send you a personal message. 

TLDR: People online are asshats.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

This is why I play with my friends locally. But we play in training mode with the lag turned on, to simulate playing online (not really). 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ch3burashka

Anyone know any good arcades in the Seattle area? I haven't played a fighting game... ever (too young to be involved in the arcade scene of the 90's), but what with the influx of fighters recently, and having picked up SF4 on the App Store when it was on sale, I wanna go try some out. BTW, the iOS SF4 game is surprisingly fun and functional. From what I've heard about all the physical limitations of the touch screen in a very precision-heavy game, it's worked out well so far. Plus the music is sweeeeeeeet.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
    Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Omelet_Pants

I don't like arcades at all, and I'm trying to figure out why.  Maybe it's because when I was 8 years old, some guy drugged me, took me into the bathroom, and proceeded to butt rape me while I was at an arcade.  But at least he gave me a whole roll of quarters afterward.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By carlthenimrod

I used to enjoy going to arcades but I'm pretty happy sitting in front of my big ass TV on my nice comfy couch with a fight-stick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.