Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

In Memoriam

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Gaff
    This document is protected by US Copyright Law, and the Berne Copyright Convention of 1976.  
      It is for private and personal use only--it cannot be reprinted in part or in whole, or reproduced in any way or in  
      any form (written or otherwise).  It is a free document that cannot be used in any sort of commercial transaction,   
      including selling it or giving it away as a gift.  This FAQ cannot be referenced, altered, or used by anybody   
      (including webmasters, publishers, and magazine staff) without my express written permission.    
      This FAQ was created and is owned by me, Chris MacDonald <kmegura (at) yahoo (dot) com>.    
      It can be found exclusively at (www.GameFAQs.com).    
      All copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged and respected that are not specifically mentioned herein.    
    With MvC3 hitting the streets, I can't help but miss this introduction every time a new fighting game comes out.   
    It was always indicative of the quality of writing and the accuracy of the information in the FAQ.   
    Of course, nowadays, crowd-sourcing is the new "thing".   
    Everyone can contribute, everyone can edit.  

Still, in the early days of internet FAQs, writers could really make a FAQ something personal, gives a certain flavour to the otherwise faceless screen or sheet of paper, filled with Courier New and weird ASCII representations of a joystick. As if someone sat down next to you, explaining every detail of the game at your own pace, trying to keep the otherwise dry walls of text entertaining.I really, really miss it. 

RIP Chris MacDonald, aka Kao Megura, 19XX - 2004.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gaff
    This document is protected by US Copyright Law, and the Berne Copyright Convention of 1976.  
      It is for private and personal use only--it cannot be reprinted in part or in whole, or reproduced in any way or in  
      any form (written or otherwise).  It is a free document that cannot be used in any sort of commercial transaction,   
      including selling it or giving it away as a gift.  This FAQ cannot be referenced, altered, or used by anybody   
      (including webmasters, publishers, and magazine staff) without my express written permission.    
      This FAQ was created and is owned by me, Chris MacDonald <kmegura (at) yahoo (dot) com>.    
      It can be found exclusively at (www.GameFAQs.com).    
      All copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged and respected that are not specifically mentioned herein.    
    With MvC3 hitting the streets, I can't help but miss this introduction every time a new fighting game comes out.   
    It was always indicative of the quality of writing and the accuracy of the information in the FAQ.   
    Of course, nowadays, crowd-sourcing is the new "thing".   
    Everyone can contribute, everyone can edit.  

Still, in the early days of internet FAQs, writers could really make a FAQ something personal, gives a certain flavour to the otherwise faceless screen or sheet of paper, filled with Courier New and weird ASCII representations of a joystick. As if someone sat down next to you, explaining every detail of the game at your own pace, trying to keep the otherwise dry walls of text entertaining.I really, really miss it. 

RIP Chris MacDonald, aka Kao Megura, 19XX - 2004.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benpack

This is what I miss from fighting games.

No Caption Provided
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Gaff: I'm glad you posted this because I never knew who this guy was even though I'm sure I've read one of his guides at one time or another.  I don't know if you actually wrote that article for Bitmob or not, but thank you for bringing it to my attention.  

It really is sad that guides aren't as prolific or comprehensive as they once were.  Even if the information is still out there in one form or another, the greatest thing about a guide is collecting all of it for posterity.  So, for that, I salute you guide writers.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gaff
    @GlenTennis: Oh man, I remember seeing that on every arcade machine in my youth! Also, I thought of writing a blog about that at some point.

@EvilTwin: Nah, I didn't write that article over at Bitmob, it was just something that was nagging me since learning of his passing and every fighting game release since then. I never did read any FAQ that was nearly as comprehensive as his were, though some came close. Sometimes, it's good to highlight some more "forgotten" aspects of gaming culture.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.