Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

An ME2 Insanity Run - Ohhhhhhhmegahhhhhhhhh!

Ghostface318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Ghostface318

After a side trip to the crash site of the Normandy 1, where Shepard reflected on old times, found his old helmet, some free element zero, and the Dog Tags of his old, dead crewmen, he headed to Omega, hive of crime, dirt and vorcha. It's basically space New York City, but nicer, and with less Yankee fans. 

Did the talking thing with some of the locals, including the enchantingly scary Aria, got a bartender iced for trying to poison me, intimidated an elcor into letting a Quarian earn his way off this rock, bought some stuff, and headed for the plague zone and everyone's favorite singing salarian, Mordin Solis. 

Brought along Miranda, for her overload and warp skills, and Zaeed, for the disruptor ammo. The trip through the slums went pretty smoothly, with two exceptions. The first, the encounter where you see the Blue Sun mercenaries fighting the Vorcha, in that big room, I had to make a few runs at it. Then, in the fan control room, where the Mordin recruitment mission ends, I got worked several times, especially by the Pyro enemies with the flamethrowers. 

You want to know the major culprit here, the reason for my deceasin'? My squad AI. I can set all the waypoints I want for my crew to take cover and to attack from safety, but they continually put themselves out in the open, get shot up a little, and then ragdoll to the floor until I revive them, or the battle ends. Then they pop back up, hopefully chagrined at their poor performance. We will see some of this again in our next mission here on Omega, and likely numerous more times as we proceed. It became far easier to just let them lie there while I whittled down the enemies until it was safe for them to stop playing dead, 

Reinitializing the environmental controls and starting the fans was rough for me on my initial playthrough, due to the vorcha that perch up high in the back and on the sides with the rocket launchers. This actually went better than that on Insane, firstly due to familiarity with the layout and combat system, and secondly, in that the layout, with the different terraces and ramps, allowed me to move about, and kite enemies around until they were coming at me in small groups. 

So, Mordin joins up, and immediately, he's in my posse. He's rolling with me for two reasons, A) Comedy and B) Incinerate - I want to see those vorcha burn, and I'm angling for that Incinerate 30 dudes achievement. He'll earn his keep on our next foray. We're staying on Omega and reuniting with an old friend who's doing work under a new name, like the Diddy of Mass Effect. 

edited for some clarity and grammar

Ghostface318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ghostface318

After a side trip to the crash site of the Normandy 1, where Shepard reflected on old times, found his old helmet, some free element zero, and the Dog Tags of his old, dead crewmen, he headed to Omega, hive of crime, dirt and vorcha. It's basically space New York City, but nicer, and with less Yankee fans. 

Did the talking thing with some of the locals, including the enchantingly scary Aria, got a bartender iced for trying to poison me, intimidated an elcor into letting a Quarian earn his way off this rock, bought some stuff, and headed for the plague zone and everyone's favorite singing salarian, Mordin Solis. 

Brought along Miranda, for her overload and warp skills, and Zaeed, for the disruptor ammo. The trip through the slums went pretty smoothly, with two exceptions. The first, the encounter where you see the Blue Sun mercenaries fighting the Vorcha, in that big room, I had to make a few runs at it. Then, in the fan control room, where the Mordin recruitment mission ends, I got worked several times, especially by the Pyro enemies with the flamethrowers. 

You want to know the major culprit here, the reason for my deceasin'? My squad AI. I can set all the waypoints I want for my crew to take cover and to attack from safety, but they continually put themselves out in the open, get shot up a little, and then ragdoll to the floor until I revive them, or the battle ends. Then they pop back up, hopefully chagrined at their poor performance. We will see some of this again in our next mission here on Omega, and likely numerous more times as we proceed. It became far easier to just let them lie there while I whittled down the enemies until it was safe for them to stop playing dead, 

Reinitializing the environmental controls and starting the fans was rough for me on my initial playthrough, due to the vorcha that perch up high in the back and on the sides with the rocket launchers. This actually went better than that on Insane, firstly due to familiarity with the layout and combat system, and secondly, in that the layout, with the different terraces and ramps, allowed me to move about, and kite enemies around until they were coming at me in small groups. 

So, Mordin joins up, and immediately, he's in my posse. He's rolling with me for two reasons, A) Comedy and B) Incinerate - I want to see those vorcha burn, and I'm angling for that Incinerate 30 dudes achievement. He'll earn his keep on our next foray. We're staying on Omega and reuniting with an old friend who's doing work under a new name, like the Diddy of Mass Effect. 

edited for some clarity and grammar

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grixxel

God speed. You're more man than I, I could not handle that difficulty, kinda sucked the fun out of it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

What is with all of these ME2 topics? The game came out over a year ago. I guess all of hte GOTY craze got people back into it

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zombie2011

Played Insanity on my second play-through as a Vanguard. Now i've started my third with all the DLC as an Infiltrator, started off on Hardcore but it was too easy so i switched it to Insanity. 

Insanity really isn't that hard, which is saying a lot seeing i play most my games on Easy because i'm not that good.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Edwardryu

well, mass effect game is different from other usual games. it's one of the best games in video game history. it's 'must-have' collection in my shelf. I guess that people who love video game like to have this one for themselves as well. it's not just game. it's variously expanded from books, comics to pop culture. excepting blizzard games, mass effect game is the most popular cosplay materials at comic con. it is like 'star wars'. but unlikely star wars, it is hit into game first. star wars was movie first. you know what. mass effect movie is coming soon. it's confirmed. so stick around. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @Dany said:
    " What is with all of these ME2 topics? The game came out over a year ago. I guess all of hte GOTY craze got people back into it "
    I'm wondering the same thing, usually a game that's a year old isn't discussed this much. I guess you're right though, and that fact that number 3 was just announced.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RsistncE
    @Edwardryu said:
    " well, mass effect game is different from other usual games. it's one of the best games in video game history. it's 'must-have' collection in my shelf. I guess that people who love video game like to have this one for themselves as well. it's not just game. it's variously expanded from books, comics to pop culture. excepting blizzard games, mass effect game is the most popular cosplay materials at comic con. it is like 'star wars'. but unlikely star wars, it is hit into game first. star wars was movie first. you know what. mass effect movie is coming soon. it's confirmed. so stick around.  "
    Disregard all of this: Mass Effect sucks cocks.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edwardryu

if you want all of achievement, insanity level is the last you have to play. I mean you have played all different level excepting insanity. then you have known every situation & strategy on each mission with getting more practice(?). I think that hardcore is very closed you have to play many times before trying insanity. then you will be fine. I guarantee it. trust me. I am a sort expert on this game. I beat this game 32 times (all classes, all levels (except casual)). 

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By 02sfraser

Wait until you try the shadow broker DLC. It's a absolute shitemare!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.