Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Do you think ME will come to PS3???

• 61 results
    Bozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bozo

"We think it's one of the key platforms, obviously, so we're definitely going to be doing PS3. You know, I can't say anything about Mass Effect in that regard but you know, I can definitely say... other things we do will definitely be on PS3." 
    - co-founder Greg Zeschuk told Joystiq.  

Looks like they are cozying up to the platform for future projects. Ive heard a few rumours that a future unnanounced MMO project may be headed to PS3 (and possibly other platforms). Mass Effect doesn't seem to be on the agenda right now. They could outsource the porting job perhaps. That sounds like a realistic possibility.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Ferginator4k

It might but i dont see Microsoft giving up a precious Exclusive so easily

Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Bolduk
    @pause422 said:

" An IGN interview. Just look up ME2 on their site and search what they have on it, its with one of the designers of the game. The IGN dude asks that exact question, if ME2 is going to be on PS3 by any chance, and the other guy responds with"No,  just PC and 360." "

The exact same thing happened with Bioshock. So your 'confirmation' is not very accurate. 

Here's an interview with Bioware CEO Ray Muzyka that you might find interesting:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222086 

@IzzyGraze said:

" Mass Effect was published with the help of Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't put their games on other platforms. "

Bioware is now owned by EA and EA owns the Mass Effect IP. EA does put their games on other platforms. =)
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By pause422

No shit....they put Dragon Age on all platforms, its not impossible for ME to go on PS3 and no one is saying it is. However, at least at launch, it definitely is not going to be on the PS3 is all anyone is saying. It seems that they are keeping ME for Xbox and PC and any other games they do(not counting the mmo obviously) would be multiplatform, but yes anything can change. I would just say before its possible give it a good amount of time.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By twenty0ne

Nope, it won't happen.

Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bolduk

@pause422 said:

" No shit....they put Dragon Age on all platforms, its not impossible for ME to go on PS3 and no one is saying it is. However, at least at launch, it definitely is not going to be on the PS3 is all anyone is saying. It seems that they are keeping ME for Xbox and PC and any other games they do(not counting the mmo obviously) would be multiplatform, but yes anything can change. I would just say before its possible give it a good amount of time. "

Well it was not what you were saying. I'll re-quote you.

@pause422

said:

" Already confirmed ME2 definitely wont be..and ME1 isnt going to be ported anytime soon or anything. The third game is your only hope, but I really dont see it happening if 2 isnt. But there isnt a reason why not, so I guess you can just hope. "

You changed your mind between two posts? =) Whatever, I agree with your second version. If it's ever going to happen, it'd probably be released like 4-6 months after the PC/360 version. And if it comes true, I am nearly sure they'll make a Mass Effect bundle with the two games, because like other dudes pointed out, it's a story-driven game/franchise, so they just can't release only the second one without introducing the first game. Well I think. But if we only get the second game, I won't complain lol.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By septim

I would say that it's almost inevitable at some point. Look at Ninja Gaiden 2. MS published that and even did a lot of promoting the fact that it was 360 exclusive.  A year later the PS3 gets the Sigma edition.

The only thing I'm really still curious about is if they are gonna port the first one over or not. Maybe they could offer it as DLC for those who pre-order or something.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By RobotHamster

I think so, or maybe they'll start a whole new franchise exclusively on the ps3 to balance it, the chances of that are low though because of the time and money it would take but it is still a possibility. 

Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Bolduk
    @RobotHamster said:
    " I think so, or maybe they'll start a whole new franchise exclusively on the ps3 to balance it, the chances of that are low though because of the time and money it would take but it is still a possibility.  "
    Would be interesting, but I doubt EA will stop making games on all platforms anytime soon. But I don't really care for exclusivity, as long as I can play it.
    lulzyluze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lulzyluze

lolol why do ppl still think this? its been confirmed a million times NOPE

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By xyzygy
    @lulzyluze said:

" lolol why do ppl still think this? its been confirmed a million times NOPE "

PS3 people just want to play the game really bad, and with good reason. Things aren't looking good for them though. I can't see them doing anything with the first game because face it, it's over 2 years old now. ME2 has a lot of stuff based off of ME1 so... it would probably just be a hassle for Bioware. And what if they can't get the Unreal Engine 3 to work on PS3 like some other developers? Dragon Age: Origins had it's own engine so they could make it work for PS3 easily. 

Not to mention the fact that Microsoft knows Mas Effect sells systems and will sell a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.