Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Does the Alliance hate Shepard? *spoilers*

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I'm not sure if I missed something during the game, but I'm still wondering why the Alliance plays no part in ME2's story. Specifically, why couldn't I hand the Collector base over to the Alliance at the end of the game? Why did I have to either destroy it or give it to a terrorist organization? Does the Alliance hate Shepard, or do they refuse to acknowledge that he is alive? It doesn't make sense to me.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By General_D23

The Alliance doesn't hate Shepard as much as they think he is too much of a risk to have running around their space, I suppose. No matter what you did in ME1, they are in a very fragile position, and the people in power feel that having people hear what he has to to say could shake up everything quite violently.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

It's more the problem of the public perception after the attack on the citadel. The last thing they need while rebuilding is a 'rogue SPECTER' that runs around and preaches about those damn reapers, when in 'truth' it was just Saren that were the mastermind behind it all. They aknowledged that he was back but they didn't want to be linked to his crusade... any less when he was doing it in the terminus system that's outside of Citadel reach and so on. It's more of a convenience for the alliance.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " It's more the problem of the public perception after the attack on the citadel. The last thing they need while rebuilding is a 'rogue SPECTER' that runs around and preaches about those damn reapers, when in 'truth' it was just Saren that were the mastermind behind it all. They aknowledged that he was back but they didn't want to be linked to his crusade... any less when he was doing it in the terminus system that's outside of Citadel reach and so on. It's more of a convenience for the alliance. "
    Okay, that makes it a bit clearer. 
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Moridin

The bottom line: People in places of power, like to stay in those places. The Alliance doesn't hate Shepard, but with their newly gained loyalty and respect of the galactic community, they would rather go along with the "lies" that the Council is spreading in order to keep that loyalty and respect. The exception to this is Anderson, and maybe Admiral Hackett. Although we didn't hear much from the Admiral in ME2. 

The Council is just blind, plain and simple. They spread their lies to cover up what really happened in order to keep the peace, to keep people placated. They'd rather have everything calm and under control than having people know the truth and freak out. They couldn't play a really significant role in ME2 because the Terminus Systems are out of their jurisdiction. Government ships in the Terminus could start an all-out war.

All in all, ME3 is going to be VERY interesting.

Shiro_Shishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shiro_Shishi

That Turian Council Member is still a douche though.

I hope we get to punch him in ME3 

:D

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @Shiro_Shishi said:
    " That Turian Council Member is still a douche though.   I hope we get to punch him in ME3   :D "
    Unless he died in ME1.
    Shiro_Shishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shiro_Shishi
    @natetodamax: True, but my one save file saved the council. I thought they would be more grateful and be kind to me.

I was disappointed and MUST punch the Turian one day :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.