Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

How do i import my ME1 save to ME2 ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i looked it up, i got nothing that could help me. 

Here's a picture of the saves in My Documents > Bioware > Mass Effect (after beating the game) 

No Caption Provided

A save, an auto save, a quick save (right before the final boss) and something else.. What now ?   

help appreciated !!
    sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sjosz

The game generates a savegame on completing the game that you won't be able to see in your general save library, and you cannot access it through your regular load game screen. All you need to do is finish the game to where the credits roll (and listen to the awesome M4 song) and then just boot up ME2 and the game will recognize any game completion savegames in the import tool.

EDIT: To be clear, your savegames are not the savegames used for the import, the savegame used is one that the game generates by itself that remains invisible to the player.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

The PC version doesn't have an internal import save feature like the 360 version?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I came in here thinking it might be the 360 version which has an import feature. I have no idea how to use the PC one.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

For your spoiler thing, you decide that via an early conversation in Mass Effect 2.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sjosz said:
    " The game generates a savegame on completing the game that you won't be able to see in your general save library, and you cannot access it through your regular load game screen. All you need to do is finish the game to where the credits roll (and listen to the awesome M4 song) and then just boot up ME2 and the game will recognize any game completion savegames in the import tool.  EDIT: To be clear, your savegames are not the savegames used for the import, the savegame used is one that the game generates by itself that remains invisible to the player. "
    ohhh gotcha! yeah i did watch the credits roll as an awesome song played 
    so after i boot up ME2 and the save automatically imports, i'll uninstall Mass Effect since i need some space 

thanks
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I downloaded and placed the ME1 saves in the ME1 save folder. I then put in the ME2 disk. I hit configure and there's an import ME1 save option. I then just did what it told me to do.

Also, I uninstalled Mass Effect, but left the saves. Less space used that way.

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By overbyte
    @xyzygy: Start > Games > Mass Effect 2 > Configure 

There's a Saved Games section where you can import the ME1 stuff. 

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.