Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I finally get Mass Effect 2

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

Mass Effect 2, everybody I know loves the game, it even won Giant Bombs Game of the Year last year and countless other publications/websites Game of the Year too. I however never really enjoyed it that much, I bought it when I got my 360 in about Febuary(?) last year and I enjoyed it to an extent. I enjoyed the dialog tree's and the emphasis on social aspects, however the combat really put me on a downer. I didn't know whether I was doing it wrong but I seemed to spend a large amount of time in the weapon and special power menus constiantly switching wepons due to running our of ammo or choosing diffrent powers. I felt that I was in them to much and it intrupted the combat far to often. The loading times were also a killer to me, I enjoyed the conecept of the ship and even though I wanted to explore and talk to the people on the varoius levals of the ship I always ended up agaisnt it because I didn't want to sit though those loading times.

I ended up playing it for about 3 hours, then I played a few other 360 games and decided to sell my 360. I was going through a phase of selling all of my things and trying to go for a minimalst view for my room. I got rid of my Nintendo Wii aswell, I ended up regretting all of this and just before Christmas last year I went and bought a 360 and last year in the summer I bought a new Wii. I didn't buy Mass Effect 2 for the 360 though, I wanted to play it again though, I just wanted to get it on the PS3. So I waited until it came out on the PS3, bought it and launch, and yeah same kind of thing, couldn't get into it. I even felt it was worse, I don't know about any of you PS3 Mass Effct 2 players but some of the auido seems out of sync during varoius cutscenes throughout the game, and there was that whole losing save bug they had. So I put it back on the shelf and though that was the end of it, Mass Effect 2's time had passed, time to move on.

Now fast forward to the present day, I have been ploughing through Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, got mysef about 60ish Jiggies, I hoped to finish it last weekend. However the end of this game is just murder, I find myself skipping missions going "I'll come back to it later and go try this other mission". And the process repeated untill I had no more missions, so I decided to take a break and come back to it in a few weeks. So I needed a new game to get into, I decided to go with Mass Effect 2, I finally get Mass Effect 2.

I decided to contuine from my last save which was about 2 hours in, and I have found it hard to put it down since. I don't understand what's been diffrent, but I finally get the whole combat thing and the loading times are less of an issue for me because I really want to talk with these people and do there quests that they give me. Its getting really good and I am in love with the varoius characters, really addicted to the game now. So yeah, thats all I wanted to say, oh and any tips on BK:N&B would be appreciated :)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

Mass Effect 2, everybody I know loves the game, it even won Giant Bombs Game of the Year last year and countless other publications/websites Game of the Year too. I however never really enjoyed it that much, I bought it when I got my 360 in about Febuary(?) last year and I enjoyed it to an extent. I enjoyed the dialog tree's and the emphasis on social aspects, however the combat really put me on a downer. I didn't know whether I was doing it wrong but I seemed to spend a large amount of time in the weapon and special power menus constiantly switching wepons due to running our of ammo or choosing diffrent powers. I felt that I was in them to much and it intrupted the combat far to often. The loading times were also a killer to me, I enjoyed the conecept of the ship and even though I wanted to explore and talk to the people on the varoius levals of the ship I always ended up agaisnt it because I didn't want to sit though those loading times.

I ended up playing it for about 3 hours, then I played a few other 360 games and decided to sell my 360. I was going through a phase of selling all of my things and trying to go for a minimalst view for my room. I got rid of my Nintendo Wii aswell, I ended up regretting all of this and just before Christmas last year I went and bought a 360 and last year in the summer I bought a new Wii. I didn't buy Mass Effect 2 for the 360 though, I wanted to play it again though, I just wanted to get it on the PS3. So I waited until it came out on the PS3, bought it and launch, and yeah same kind of thing, couldn't get into it. I even felt it was worse, I don't know about any of you PS3 Mass Effct 2 players but some of the auido seems out of sync during varoius cutscenes throughout the game, and there was that whole losing save bug they had. So I put it back on the shelf and though that was the end of it, Mass Effect 2's time had passed, time to move on.

Now fast forward to the present day, I have been ploughing through Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, got mysef about 60ish Jiggies, I hoped to finish it last weekend. However the end of this game is just murder, I find myself skipping missions going "I'll come back to it later and go try this other mission". And the process repeated untill I had no more missions, so I decided to take a break and come back to it in a few weeks. So I needed a new game to get into, I decided to go with Mass Effect 2, I finally get Mass Effect 2.

I decided to contuine from my last save which was about 2 hours in, and I have found it hard to put it down since. I don't understand what's been diffrent, but I finally get the whole combat thing and the loading times are less of an issue for me because I really want to talk with these people and do there quests that they give me. Its getting really good and I am in love with the varoius characters, really addicted to the game now. So yeah, thats all I wanted to say, oh and any tips on BK:N&B would be appreciated :)

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gerhabio

Seems like you just needed a break.

I've passed ME2 twice now and I'm currently working on my 3rd run, that one being on Insanity difficulty, and let me tell you. It's a whole different experience on Insanity. You should give it a try. It forces you to strategize much more and value point allocation and powers much more. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I feel like a total badass whenever I pass a level (especially the ones with those damn husks and collectors!). Of course, this being my renegade run as well doesn't hurt. 

What class did you take and are you going Paragon/Renegade/Neutral-ish?
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang
    @G3RHRT
    I can't remember class, I think it was the soilder/hero? And I always be the good guy in games.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By yoshimitz707

What difficulty are you playing on? I literally never switched my weapon running through the game on Normal. Maybe you need to aim better?

EDIT: Well, I did change to heavy weapons for bosses but that was basically it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@yoshimitz707
    I play on normal, I only switched really because I really like using the handguns and sniper riffles, and there ammo count is quite low early on anyway.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gerhabio
    @Hizang: Soldier is probably the best introductory one in my opinion since you can use all the weapons. Most fun is probably Vanguard because of the flashy dash/teleport (best on easiest difficulty).
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

@G3RHRT:

Well I'm 10 hours in now, I am NOT starting yet again :P

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Bennyishere

Sounds like the completionist nature of Banjo Kazooie has made you realize that finishing games is fun and rewarding. I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly pick up other games you have unfinished (if you have any). I'm surprised you spend so much time in the special powers section, at first I thought you were talking about Mass Effect 1 with its weapon customization. Unless you are using that burst rifle you get early in the game, ammo shouldn't be that much of an issue. I suggest not using that burst rifle and sticking to the one you start with. It has way more ammo. If you're not playing at a high difficulty you might as well run up to people and punch them if it becomes an issue. Oh, and get Warp Ammo! It's the only one you need. Getting Jack's loyalty gives her Warp ammo, which you can take for yourself via Advanced Training. It made my Insanity run a lot easier too (I disagree with the people preferring Reaver).

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By probablytuna

Glad you're enjoying it!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang
    @Bennyishere
    I'd wager 50% of the games I own are uncomplete (I have probbaly 150-175 games.) My issue was in the past I would spend far to long playing one single game, lookingh for every nook and crany and even bothering to find all 100 Hidden pacakges in Vice City just cause I thought I might aswell. And while thats all good it gives me less time to play all of these games, so now I concentrate on finishing games and if I enjoyed it so much I can go back and do all extra stuff later.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the feeling, sometimes you just can't get into a game.
    You'll play it, think its crap, yet later when you play it again you fall in love with it...strange!

Just need the right mindset I believe!

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By innacces14
    @Hizang:
    Pistol, Shotgun, and Sniper=Good against health and armor
    Assault Rifles and Sub-machine guns=Good against barriers and shields.

If there is any weapon switching that you should be doing it's that. Also some notes are exclusive to each world number if you're collecting those in BK:NB. A good example is the Jiggosseum where about 10 of those notes only appear in the Gruntilda boss world.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hizang
    @innacces14
    It's not about Notes though, I have really bought all I really need to make a good veichle and a ton of Huba Blue prints. I think later today might go back to it, but mabey go back to some of the ealier challenges and go for Trophys.
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jkuc316
    @Hizang said:
    @G3RHRT: I can't remember class, I think it was the soilder/hero? And I always be the good guy in games.
    If you were using soldier then you would use mostly guns and less powers. I was a soldier when I started playing ME2 and spent less time using powers there. I mostly quick-mapped them on my Shepherd and I let my teammates use their powers on their own.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hizang
    @jkuc316
    I hardly ever use Sheperds powers, guns all the way!
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laserbolts
    Hmmm good to hear you gave it another shot because it really is an amazing experience. I find it odd that you run out of ammo because I p,ayed soldier and seriously never ran out of ammo the whole game. Are you picking up the ammo from dead enemies?? Also I could be wrong but I think you need to have the gun equipped that you need ammo for when you pick ammo up. Sorry if this is wrong or you already know this. Tha aside the game was all about the dialogue for me and the combat was more in the way than anything.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Dany

Congrats, you are now one of us.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

I got it too. I played the demo and did not like, on the Xbox 360, but boy, I bought and played both on the Xbox 360 and the PC and both rule.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By YoThatLimp

That happened with me and FallOut 3. I bought and sold the game several times and for some reason it just stuck with me one day. 

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Creigz

I never find myself spending that much time changing weapons. I do the game as Infiltrator. I swap between Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle, I don't really run out of ammo often except on extended fights. I also have a weapon upgrade to each one, but usually I only change when necessary for specific enemies. My combat stays relatively the same because I've found an efficient way to get through using my group and my class. Just find a way that suits your play style and the rest will come to you, you'll have a great time if you can find a style of combat that works for you.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By McGhee

Welcome to the family. The holidays are crazy, but we all get along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.