Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I think my "Perfect Save Game" OCD has burnt me out on ME2.

Tinkertonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tinkertonk

I have a problem.

It's a "Replay BioWare games over and over until you have a save file you can deem perfect" problem.

If it was just one save file, it'd be fine. No, though. I feel the need to make 4 separate save files for ME2. I currently have 1 completed (Not 100%, I have to go back and do LOTSB, and Arrival once PSN comes back up. ._.), and one half way done (I've already beaten LOTSB on that one). 

Thing is, I always play those games the EXACT same way, besides classes. I always go Paragon (except for the parts that seem to give you insta-renegade points), and do the quests mostly the same way. So, why do I have multiple save files? Because of the multiple romance options. My first file was a Miranda, my second one (Where I completed LOTSB) is a Liara import, and I plan to get one for Ashley and Tali as well. Though, I think my penchant for playing the games the exact same way every time has finally caught up with me. I can't even load up my second save without feeling an incredible sense of boredom wash over me, and it sucks. I want to get my save files before ME3 comes out (Luckily, it was delayed... D:), but I can barely play 20 minutes without shutting it off.

I guess I should turn this into a discussion: Has anyone else ever had this problem with ME2 (Or any Bioware Game, really)? Or am I the only one? D:

(Also, IIRC, this is my first major post... Despite being signed up for a long time. My apologies I somehow screwed up. xD) 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

Are you me? Because I have the same issue. About the fourth or fifth time I played through Mass Effect 1 just to have a save game to import where I romanced someone else or made a different decision I realized that I should probably take a break from the series for awhile...at least until Mass Effect 3 gets closer to release.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By 02sfraser

A guy a live with is obsessed with getting every possible outcome on every Bioware game. I find it far to overwhelming and just play through once for my save. I get to see everything else through his obsession.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I have the same problem with most Bioware games. I just want to see everything!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

The only reason I play through again is to have more fun.  I do do different things though.  Not obsessively.  Always do DLC too (I payed extra for that shit).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand the compulsion to get a "perfect" Mass Effect save. To me, the story has a much more emotional impact (and is more realistic) if some characters that I've teamed up with end up dying. The whole romance/death components aren't so that you can get the "right" ending, it's so that you can individualize your experience with the game.

One of the reasons I loved ME 2 so much was that characters could die, unlike 90% of film/literature/games where all the main characters are completely invincible. Maybe I just like slightly depressing endings...?
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I am the oppsite of that. I only play through once. What I get is what I stick with.
    Tinkertonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tinkertonk

Different tastes, is all. ^_^

I really enjoy the stories, but I also love having the story end happily... Or, however Happily it can end with the knowledge of an impending alien invasion looming over your head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.