Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Insanity is insane!

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sanryd

I started my second playthrough of ME2 using my the character from the last playthrough and it is HARD AS HELL. I'm not complaining, I know that it's called insanity for reason. My complaint is the bug that really started to show through at this difficulty. Half the time I use a power from one of my OTHER squad members and I'm behind cover, the power seems to originate from Shepard which means the attack hits the wall I'm in front of. has this happened to anyone else? Also, just wondering what everyone's strategy for insanity is. Mine is the sniper that you don't have to reload after every shot + adrenaline rush + as many headshots as it takes.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Garrus

You're better off taking the Widow Sniper Rifle and using the adrenal rush with that.

And I've never heard of that glitch, first time I've heard of anything like it actually.

DaemonicGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaemonicGrim

I've had that bug but I just try to work around it by always making sure shepard has a clear line of sight to the target...

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

I just today finished up an insane ran (S-Rank, baby) and my tactic was to hide in the first piece of cover and damn well stay there. I recommend using Miranda and Grunt- get grunts Party wide incinerate ammo to stop regeneration, and give Miranda that thing that boosts squad hp and Grunt will rarely die. 

And as for squad powers, they happen 'instantly', striking the enemy, no matter if they're miles away or even have a line of sight, instantly. Maybe that explains why it originates from you- because it's all done relative to Shepard. Dunno though.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sickVisionz

One glitch that only happened on Insanity to me was that the game would switch to weird sidescroller camera.  It only happens in the middle of a fire fight and I can't take cover when it happens.  It's insanely difficult to control and usually results in me dying.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By delta_ass

Warp ammo's pretty good. You should give warp ammo a try.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @tdk08: You may want to import an ME1 character and use it instead (although Soldier is a solid class, Sentinel is the safest choice). At Level 30, the scaling tends to catch up with your character and make life hard for you.

Also, you should make sure your squad mates have a clear line of sight to the target. If a wall is in the way, that's what they will hit.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Teran

I've never had that happen.

As for strategy, I brought Thane and Zaeed as my party most of the time until I got Legion then I chose between Zaeed or Thane and always brought Legion.  Had everyone using sniper rifles.

As for my preferred weapon, as an infiltrator nothing beats the Widow.  I suspect the same is true for soldiers as well.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sanryd
    @Garrus said:

" You're better off taking the Widow Sniper Rifle and using the adrenal rush with that."

I thought the Widow was exclusive to Legion, can Shepard use it too?
    Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

Insanity really is not that hard, i speed ran the last half of the game

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sanryd
    @Bam_D_Leprechaun: Yeah, I was really thinking about what I'm doing wrong here and I figured out that my playstyle is sort of anti-cover which is why I seem to always have trouble with the  
    'Insanity" level of difficulty in games like this one where cover is absolutely essential.
    Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun
    @tdk08: Pretty much, if you played CoD or Gears of War or Halo on the highest settings, you know how crucial it is to use cover, and to use a good strategy.
    Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Garrus
    @tdk08: Yep, infact it's technically the opposite, the Widow is obtained in the collector ship when you pick up one of 3 weapons on the floor, and Legion who comes along later has an upgrade to get his own.

Huge debate here on which to pick, the Widow is the strongest non-heavy weapon in the game and a headshot from it really hurts the enemies bad, though some people argue the Revenant Assault rifle is a good weapon to use too just it really needs the assault rifle accuracy upgrade before it gets really damaging. Though Widow is probably your best choice for insanity mode.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

If I'm unsure if the attack will hit or not, I do a double check by doing an attack from the radial menu. I go over the enemy, select him for the attack, deselect and select him again. It takes all of 1 second and pretty much always works for me!

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Kyreo

Yeah it happens when yer not aiming over the cover correctly.  This happens to me on... uh.. Veteran and it just takes some getting used to.  Just be more careful where you aim.... thats all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.