Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Invalid Cerberus Network Code

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jrodrz

Hey guys

I bought a new copy of Mass Effect 2 two weeks ago. I started playing it today since I wanted to finish ME1 first. The Cerberus Network code was there, but when I tried to use it, the game (and the back of the brochure) said the code expired on January 1st this year. Does this mean I can't access the bonus content anymore? Has something like this happened to you with the game? I would really appreciate your help.

Cheers

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

You can still access it...if you pay!

EA have been shutting off multiplayer servers for their games for ages too, it's a similar thing. Shady as fuck and needlessly harsh on the consumer, but there's not really much to do about it at this stage.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing too much. It was Zaeed and his mission, some stuff with the hover tank, and a free gun or something. The mission is all right, but it's also pretty short. Zaeed is okay, but really underutilized. The tank stuff isn't anything special.

You will be better off spending the money to get Lair of the Shadow Broker. Now that's some good DLC.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Tylea002 said:

You can still access it...if you pay!

EA have been shutting off multiplayer servers for their games for ages too, it's a similar thing. Shady as fuck and needlessly harsh on the consumer, but there's not really much to do about it at this stage.

When was the last time a server of a game you played a LOT of. OR was super popular was shut down? 
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

@The_Laughing_Man: Seeing as I rarely play multiplayer, I'm going with never. If I had just bought ME3 and my free content for not buying it used was revoked, I'd be pissed off too. But ultimately, it's EA's decision, as much as it's a retarded one.

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pocky4Th3Win

The Cerberus Network has been deactivated so I do not believe you will be able to redeem the code any longer. I know when I boot up my PC Version it tells me that it can't connect to the Cerberus Network.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Eidderf

You may as well try sending an email to EA about it, they'll probably just give you confirmation that it's closed down but who knows maybe they'll be able to send you an alternative code to redeem the content without the need for the cerberus network.

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jrodrz

Damn...alright guess I'll have to miss those. Thanks anyway all of you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.