Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Kasumi Goto DLC Live Stream

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrjared

I'm going to be doing a live stream quick look of the Kasumi Goto DLC. It starts in about 5 minutes, so come and check it out for a bit if you're not afraid of spoilers. I'll also be giving my opinion of it as I go along which should be interesting since I'm a huge skeptic of Bioware DLC, despite being a huge fan of just about everything they do. There will be an archive afterward as well so if you miss out, no big deal :)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jaredrea

There will be an archive afterward as well so if you miss out, no big deal :)

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

You got the DLC? Huh, it's still not up for me. I would watch your stream but DEM SPOILERS SON.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

You've linked the wrong thing =O

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I don't wanna watch because I wanna play through it myself but I wanna know your opinion of it, mostly wanna know if Kasumi is a poorly implemented into the game as Zaeed was

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrjared

Dohhh.. sorry for the missing link there. And for the video issues! I never had my equipment go bad like that so I'm going to have to look into it. 

This was not my night. The stream went great (issues aside) but now uStream glitched and couldn't save my recording :(

@Venatio: Yes, she's pretty much Zaeed but is far more interesting. She ties into the story a bit more and even comments on your relationship on the Normandy. There's also a bit more in her room to discover so while she's still a somewhat empty vessel, she's got a little more on Zaeed.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrJared said:

" Dohhh.. sorry for the missing link there. And for the video issues! I never had my equipment go bad like that so I'm going to have to look into it. 

This was not my night. The stream went great (issues aside) but now uStream glitched and couldn't save my recording :(

@Venatio: Yes, she's pretty much Zaeed but is far more interesting. She ties into the story a bit more and even comments on your relationship on the Normandy. There's also a bit more in her room to discover so while she's still a somewhat empty vessel, she's got a little more on Zaeed. "

So a score 1 though 5. What would you give it as the FIRST Prem DLC?
    mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrjared
    @The_Laughing_Man:  I'd give it a 4 out of 5. While it's slightly overpriced for what it is, Kasumi is a great addition to the cast in terms of her abilities and well, generally being awesome. The mission is unlike anything else in the game (though you could draw comparisons to Samara's loyalty mission) and is filled with a lot of clever Bioware touches. Overall it took me a little under 90 minutes to complete though I could have milked it to a full 90 had I spent more time exploring every little thing. 

The combat situations have an interesting twist in that its only you and Kasumi throughout the entire mission and you have to put down a few heavy mechs and even a hovercraft, so it gets pretty rough. I was playing on Veteran and I actually died once which was the first time in this playthrough.

It's also most likely Bioware's smoothest paid DLC to date. As far as I know it hasn't broken my game (like Return to Ostagar) and the entire thing ran without a hitch. The SMG you gain doesn't seem that great, but I don't mind that so much.

Hope that's enough info :)
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrJared said:

" @The_Laughing_Man:  I'd give it a 4 out of 5. While it's slightly overpriced for what it is, Kasumi is a great addition to the cast in terms of her abilities and well, generally being awesome. The mission is unlike anything else in the game (though you could draw comparisons to Samara's loyalty mission) and is filled with a lot of clever Bioware touches. Overall it took me a little under 90 minutes to complete though I could have milked it to a full 90 had I spent more time exploring every little thing.   The combat situations have an interesting twist in that its only you and Kasumi throughout the entire mission and you have to put down a few heavy mechs and even a hovercraft, so it gets pretty rough. I was playing on Veteran and I actually died once which was the first time in this playthrough.  It's also most likely Bioware's smoothest paid DLC to date. As far as I know it hasn't broken my game (like Return to Ostagar) and the entire thing ran without a hitch. The SMG you gain doesn't seem that great, but I don't mind that so much.  Hope that's enough info :) "

That is reassuring. 

Thanks for the info.  I might pick this up when my laptop is repaired.

I was dissapointed in the Firewalker mission. Course it was free so I took it with a smile.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

I know this isn't related, but I bought and downloaded the DLC, and when I got into the game, the DLC didn't show up anywhere.  Does it only work if you haven't completed the main mission yet?
    Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10  Edited By Ping5000

Just gotta say, when you're telling me you're the thief no one knows about, you don't blast your face and voice out to the Citadel on a freakin' advertisement for 5 minutes. When you're telling me guns need to be concealed for the party, you shouldn't be strapping on a visible sidearm right next to me. 

Enjoyed the DLC and found the ending to be poignant, but all those little things really undermined her character.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @MrJared said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  I'd give it a 4 out of 5. While it's slightly overpriced for what it is, Kasumi is a great addition to the cast in terms of her abilities and well, generally being awesome. The mission is unlike anything else in the game (though you could draw comparisons to Samara's loyalty mission) and is filled with a lot of clever Bioware touches. Overall it took me a little under 90 minutes to complete though I could have milked it to a full 90 had I spent more time exploring every little thing.   The combat situations have an interesting twist in that its only you and Kasumi throughout the entire mission and you have to put down a few heavy mechs and even a hovercraft, so it gets pretty rough. I was playing on Veteran and I actually died once which was the first time in this playthrough.  It's also most likely Bioware's smoothest paid DLC to date. As far as I know it hasn't broken my game (like Return to Ostagar) and the entire thing ran without a hitch. The SMG you gain doesn't seem that great, but I don't mind that so much.  Hope that's enough info :) "

Awesomeness! You've now persuaded me to give it a buy. 8)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Brendan said:
    " I know this isn't related, but I bought and downloaded the DLC, and when I got into the game, the DLC didn't show up anywhere.  Does it only work if you haven't completed the main mission yet? "
    I guess so. Probably the same reason I could not play the Firewalker DLC. But I am done with ME2 anyway.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Brendan:  I'm pretty sure it works just fine because I started a fresh playthrough with teh firewalker dlc and you got an e-mail about a missing science crew or something like that. I'm pretty sure you just have to go to the citadel and find the spot where she wishes to communicate with you.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By haggis
    @MrJared: I just finished it a few hours ago, and agree with your assessment. It's a bit overpriced for what it is (it took me just over an hour), but it's easily one of the best missions in the game. And I love the new SMG. I was a little taken aback by facing off a couple mechs with just one other team member, but the challenge was satisfying.

I wish it were a buck or two cheaper (400 points would have been more appropriate, I think , for this DLC), but it's not difficult to recommend. I'll be using Kasumi for much of the rest of the game.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By the8bitNacho

Did they go whole haul and make Kasumi a romance option?  If it's just like that other DLC dude (not going to butcher his name here) then I'm totally fine with not getting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.