Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Loyalty question

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

I read somewhere that loyalty is based on how many missions you have been on. Now, I could use some clarification on that. Is loyalty based on how many missions you have been on with that character, or how many missions you have been on in total?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Neither. 

Each character has a specific Loyalty Mission, after which, if completed satisfactorily, will give you that specific character's loyalty.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " Neither. 

Each character has a specific Loyalty Mission, after which, if completed satisfactorily, will give you that specific character's loyalty. "
    Oh, I worded my question wrong. I meant to ask about when the loyalty mission is activated. Is it activated based on missions spent with the character, or missions in total?
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

^What he said. Loyalty is black/white, either you have it or you do not. You will get loyal characters if you succeed in their loyalty mission. If you gain their loyalty, they have a little circle under them in the team selection screen and can have their costume changed.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
    @StarFoxA said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " Neither. 

Each character has a specific Loyalty Mission, after which, if completed satisfactorily, will give you that specific character's loyalty. "
    Oh, I worded my question wrong. I meant to ask about when the loyalty mission is activated. Is it activated based on missions spent with the character, or missions in total? "
    It's just overall missions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " Neither. 

Oh, I worded my question wrong. I meant to ask about when the loyalty mission is activated. Is it activated based on missions spent with the character, or missions in total? "
    Characters will automatically pitch their loyalty missions at you after a certain point in the game regardless if they've been in your party or not. 

Just play the game naturally, and Kelly will tell you when a crew member has words for you.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Sir_Ragnarok: All right, great, thanks. I was just worried that I would somehow screw up and miss the chance at getting some loyalty missions or something. I missed a lot of important or cool stuff in the first game.
    jayceCRUZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By jayceCRUZ

Loyalty missions are usually activated a mission or two after you have recruited someone. I guess to be more direct with your question, it's based on missions in total. So for example, if you recruit Tali, you have to do one or two missions before she asks (having her with you during those missions does not matter).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok: All right, great, thanks. I was just worried that I would somehow screw up and miss the chance at getting some loyalty missions or something. I missed a lot of important or cool stuff in the first game. "
    No sweat.

I think it was a lot easier to skim past some of the more interesting stuff in the first game. Mass Effect 2 goes out of its way a bit more to let you know something awesome is on such-and-such planet, especially for big quest stuff like the Loyalty Missions.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Sir_Ragnarok: I've really been enjoying it. I loved the Firewalker missions especially.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Dany

After the Horizon mission, the loyalty missions roll out with jacob, then miranda, then either garrus, mordin, jack and grunt asking you. You must do a mission or a side mission after you recruit one of the second batch of characters to get their loyalty mission. It is not that hard of a system to follow, just make sure to talk to kelly to see if anyone wants to talk to you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA: I still have yet to download the Firewalker stuff. I've been going through Just Cause 2 recently, and that's pretty much eaten up what little free time I have. It's just so easy to get sidetracked in that game, but so fun.
    Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killa_Jo

i have a question, when *spoiler just in case lol* jack and miradia fight do i have to have full good/bad?

DJSire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DJSire
    @Killa_Jo:  I was a little off on 'full good' once and couldn't get the Paragon option, so yeah, you should get it pretty much full before you finish Jacks loyalty mission.
    Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killa_Jo
    @DJSire:  ahh you see the thing i dont get is i beat every side mission besides jacks and i still dont have full paragon. this is also my 2nd paragon play through..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.