Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

[MAJOR SPOILERS] For those who have beaten it, can you explain...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

So I got to the end after doing EVERY quest in the game (86 hours roughly), I finally got to the end (renegadely). 

Thanks in advanced. 
    applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By applet0n
    @demontium: Its implied that he might use it for his own agenda once the Reaper threat is over, correct.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

illusive man is going to use the tech to make humans the dominant species of the galaxy.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatking

Nobody really knows... all speculation right now.  I guess we'll see in Mass Effect 3 how all these big choices really change the outcome of the story. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pinworm45

No, it doesn't mean that. 

The view of the reapers coming towards the galaxy at the end happens regardless. It's just showing that the reapers have a massive, massive armada, and they are coming to our galaxy the old fashioned way, since opening up the citadel didn't work, and their plan to build a new reaper in our galaxy (presumably to try and retake the citadel) didn't work either. 

Saving the reaper tech will likely help you in some way in the third game, but there's been no evidence that the illusive man is evil to the extent that he'd help the reapers, though it's quite possible he uses that technology for the 'advancement of mankind'.. Just keep in mind his lines, such as "Cerberus IS humanity" :P

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @applet0n said:
    " @demontium: Its implied that he might use it for his own agenda "
    Before or after the Reaper threat, that is unknown. You have to wait for the third chapter to know for sure.  But sure enough the Reapers are coming.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

I think the choice will only affect the cutscene at the end of the game, some dev said ME3 won`t take as long to develop as 2, which probably means they won`t have two practically different games (you working with the illusive man the whole game, or you working by yorself) in the works. 
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andorski

The Reapers are seemingly just trying to fly from deep space to the galaxy and do their whole "kill every organism alive" plan.  How they are able to do this is unknown, as ME1 has told us that the Reapers needed the Conduit in order to reach the galaxy.  Harbinger did say  though right before the Collectors died from the blast that they "... will find another way."

TIM is planning to use the advanced Reaper tech to fight any potential Reaper attacks.  Also, considering Cerberus' past, it is likely that he will use the tech to force human dominance over Citadel space.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Pinworm45
    @Brendan said:
    " I think the choice will only affect the cutscene at the end of the game, some dev said ME3 won`t take as long to develop as 2, which probably means they won`t have two practically different games (you working with the illusive man the whole game, or you working by yorself) in the works.  "
    If I had to guess the start of the game, I would put my money on something like this: 

If you don't tell cerberus to go bone themselves, you will be working alongside them, until something happens that requires you to leave them / fight  for the greater good / go off the radar. 

Where as if you do tell cerberus to go to hell, you're simply doing a mission on your own / rejoined the alliance / something else until something happens that requires you to go off to fight for the greater good / go off the radar. 

Something like that. 
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Brendan
    @Pinworm45:
    I can see that happening, but if it does it would happen in the first cutscenes, so the game would largely play out the same way. 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By demontium

Well, sounds like we all just have to wait for ME3, great game though.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lambert

It is implied that the Reaper threat (which for two games now has been referenced) is coming.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Skytylz

Dude 86 hrs?  I got 2 playthroughs in with every quest in around 60hrs.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By davidwitten22
    @Skytylz said:
    " Dude 86 hrs?  I got 2 playthroughs in with every quest in around 60hrs. "
    26 hrs of planet scanning.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By mike

86 hours is a lot. I took 40 hours for one playthrough and I think I completed nearly everything, including scanning every planet that registered as "Rich" - I skipped the rest of them and still ended up with way more resources than I needed. Yes, I purchased all the star charts, did side quests, investigated every anomaly, all of it. I'm sure there are a few things I missed, but I'd say I did 90% plus.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skytylz
    @davidwitten22 said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " Dude 86 hrs?  I got 2 playthroughs in with every quest in around 60hrs. "
    26 hrs of planet scanning. "
    Dude that's brutal
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Marz

Before you blew up the ship, Harbinger the Reaper was controlling a collector in that ship and activated the alarms to wake up the other Reapers.  So at the end you see a mass invasion of them coming into the galaxy.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By jmrwacko
    @demontium said:
    " So I got to the end after doing EVERY quest in the game (86 hours roughly), I finally got to the end (renegadely). "
    Oh god, 86 hours? Did you spend half the time staring at a wall?
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Milkman

How in the world did it take you 86 hours? It took me about 30 to every mission in the game.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RTSlord
    @Pinworm45 said:
    "No, it doesn't mean that.  The view of the reapers coming towards the galaxy at the end happens regardless. It's just showing that the reapers have a massive, massive armada, and they are coming to our galaxy the old fashioned way, since opening up the citadel didn't work, and their plan to build a new reaper in our galaxy (presumably to try and retake the citadel) didn't work either.  Saving the reaper tech will likely help you in some way in the third game, but there's been no evidence that the illusive man is evil to the extent that he'd help the reapers, though it's quite possible he uses that technology for the 'advancement of mankind'.. Just keep in mind his lines, such as "Cerberus IS humanity" :P "

What i was kind of thinking is that the Illusive Man might try and make humans like reapers (or something like that, where he'd try and incorporate their tech) since it would be the "ultimate evolution of mankind" (or some spiel like that).  

Either way, i dont trust a guy who lied to me, who somehow knew there was a collector trap, (how did they suddenly decide just to wait there? im assuming they didn't know that the Normandy was going to come, someone had to tell the Normandy to go there) has freaky robo-looking eyes, and puts humanity first in everything. Thats not how i roll
    raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @Milkman: Really? Every single side-mission in 30? Including getting the charts on Ilium and doing the missions in those systems? If you did all that in 30 hours that's pretty impressive.

Yeah it can be read pretty much however you want, after all ME2 is the third part of a trilogy so it makes sense for its ending to fill you with questions which the next game can then answer.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By demontium
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @demontium said:
    " So I got to the end after doing EVERY quest in the game (86 hours roughly), I finally got to the end (renegadely). "
    Oh god, 86 hours? Did you spend half the time staring at a wall? "
    No I completed every dialouge tree. 

@Milkman said:
    " How in the world did it take you 86 hours? It took me about 30 to every mission in the game. "
    I am including three profiles: Good, bad, and nutral. 

accumulated it is 86

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.