Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

ME2

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

I am torn between starting that post with an all caps "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT TEASER ITS SO F**ING AWESOME" or just staying in character and acting like a grown up ;)

Well, did you see it? No? Go see it! Now!

You're back?

Great... WASN'T IT F**ING AWESOME?!? Sorry...

Well, yeah. I am excited. Really liked ME1 and as we were told that it's going to be a trilogy I was expecting news for the second part anyway. But this teaser really got me going ... wow. I hoped to find some answers in the comments at various gaming sites, but everyone is just bubbling about :)

So yeah, Shep probably isn't killed. It would be a shame, if he/she were. But what makes me more curious is that Geth with the N7-Armor.  If I remember it right, back from before ME1 was released, the N7 doesn't refer to the Spectre but to a special training for Alliance Soldiers. So, it's strange a Geth would have that logo on his breast, as he definatly didn't train at Arcturus.
    Also, I read the second ME-Novel just a couple weeks ago, and it's story plays about half a year after the incidentes of the ME1-game, and Shep is still alive then. And I don't think the 2nd game would be situated much later than that, if you think about the "I am going to kick their metal asses"-end of the first game :)
    Thirdly, if you visit the ME-Homepage it has a loading screen with the Cerberus-Logo, so I guess they are going to be an important part of ME2. Obviously a VIP like Shep wouldn't be able to go undercover at Cerberus, as some people in the comments pointed out. And Cerberus wouldn't cooperate with the Geth either...

I hope ME2 is going to be released this winter. I don't think I could take waiting longer for it... :)
    Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Mexalen

I am torn between starting that post with an all caps "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT TEASER ITS SO F**ING AWESOME" or just staying in character and acting like a grown up ;)

Well, did you see it? No? Go see it! Now!

You're back?

Great... WASN'T IT F**ING AWESOME?!? Sorry...

Well, yeah. I am excited. Really liked ME1 and as we were told that it's going to be a trilogy I was expecting news for the second part anyway. But this teaser really got me going ... wow. I hoped to find some answers in the comments at various gaming sites, but everyone is just bubbling about :)

So yeah, Shep probably isn't killed. It would be a shame, if he/she were. But what makes me more curious is that Geth with the N7-Armor.  If I remember it right, back from before ME1 was released, the N7 doesn't refer to the Spectre but to a special training for Alliance Soldiers. So, it's strange a Geth would have that logo on his breast, as he definatly didn't train at Arcturus.
    Also, I read the second ME-Novel just a couple weeks ago, and it's story plays about half a year after the incidentes of the ME1-game, and Shep is still alive then. And I don't think the 2nd game would be situated much later than that, if you think about the "I am going to kick their metal asses"-end of the first game :)
    Thirdly, if you visit the ME-Homepage it has a loading screen with the Cerberus-Logo, so I guess they are going to be an important part of ME2. Obviously a VIP like Shep wouldn't be able to go undercover at Cerberus, as some people in the comments pointed out. And Cerberus wouldn't cooperate with the Geth either...

I hope ME2 is going to be released this winter. I don't think I could take waiting longer for it... :)
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Don't be afraid to say what "ME" stands for before you shorten it, just for the benefit of those of us who aren't on first-letter terms with the game :)

I only own the artbook to Mass Effect, but I liked what went into it.  From what I've heard from people who've played it, I hope that they manage to make space exploration more varied and ally AI smarter. 

Here's hoping :)

As to conjecture, I can pretty much guess what the trailer is suggesting.  I'll speculate if you like.  Also, see my comments on Mass Effect in an earlier one of my blogs and comment, if you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.