Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

NOOOO Mass Effect 2 bricked my 360

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By benitobb

The last time my 360 broke was right before Halo 3 came out, it had 4 red rings, now I play maybe an hour of Mass Effect 2 and I got the 3 red lights. Fuckin conspiracy man.  This sucks, I been debating buying an arcade 360, but fuck Microsoft, there's no way I'm going to give them more money.  Man, I loved my original Xbox and love my 360, but this is just so frustrating.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

You know, it's possible that you played your 360 so much to the point that it overheated.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Relys

Mine has frozen up once (10 minutes after I started the game XD with NO SAVE :(), and I've seen some graphical anomalies (black, jagged, triangular figures ) poping up.

If mine dies, I swear to god I'm going to gut it and do a swap at walmart. I AM NOT FUCKING PAYING TO GET THIS SHIT FIXED! I fucking had to send it in 2 times when it was still covered by the warranty.

Anyways, back to the game. I barley have any time between college study, and I need more play time and less ranting.

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By benitobb

Theres no excuse for shoddy hardware, and I said I only played about an hour of ME2. 

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By sfighter21

Man, that sucks.  Sorry man.  I don't have a 360, but that is only because I could only afford a ps3 or 360 at the time of purchase and opted sony because I had a psone and ps2 before.  I had to go with the next upgrade first before a 360...Does that qualify as a fanboy?  I swear I'm not...I just don't have money.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
    @benitobb said:
    " This sucks, I been debating buying an arcade 360, but fuck Microsoft, there's no way I'm going to give them more money. "
    Why were you going to buy two 360s? And you just need to calm down, its not like they're making you buy another 360. They're fixing it for free. You have to go without 360 games for a week or two. Its not the end of the world.
    benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By benitobb
    @TimAllen624:
    How are they fixing it for free? The 3 year warranty is up and they don't even give out packing boxes anymore, so I don't think you know what you're saying.  And it's not just for a week or two because I live away at school and only come home on weekends, so I get the shipping label sometime during the week so I can send it away next weekend, then I wait for a few weeks until they send it back. I get to play for just a few hours a weekend, so it does suck considering how much I've been looking forward to ME2.  So thanks for all your irrelevant points.
    waketowakekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By waketowakekid

Dude that is why you buy at SAMS CLUB. I  have the factory 3 year on top of another 3 year warranty I bought with my 360 for $10. The reason why your 360 sucks is because you don't have the Jasper chip. Microsoft just started putting those in about a year ago. Your chip got so hot the solder melted and the chip released. Here is a list of shit not to do with your 360. 

1- NO DVD's  
    2- Don't have your 360 standing, place it on it's side.  
    3- Do not use windex to clean your games use water. The film of the glass cleaner puts a thin film over the disc so the reader works really hard and you could wear it out.  
    4- Stop crying and buy a new one cuz you broke it

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Terra1909

Same thing happened to me. I got the checkerboard pattern on the opening movie, then the RROD. First time for my 360, though its only a year and a half old. I'm so fucking bummed.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Ya know 4 red rings means your AVs aren't plugged in.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @waketowakekid said:
    " Dude that is why you buy at SAMS CLUB. I  have the factory 3 year on top of another 3 year warranty I bought with my 360 for $10. The reason why your 360 sucks is because you don't have the Jasper chip. Microsoft just started putting those in about a year ago. Your chip got so hot the solder melted and the chip released. Here is a list of shit not to do with your 360.  1- NO DVD's  2- Don't have your 360 standing, place it on it's side.  3- Do not use windex to clean your games use water. The film of the glass cleaner puts a thin film over the disc so the reader works really hard and you could wear it out.  4- Stop crying and buy a new one cuz you broke it "
    but 360 games are on DVDs
    benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By benitobb
    @waketowakekid:
    I don't know if yhis was a joke or not. No DVDs?, like trophyhunter said game discs are DVDs.  I only keep my 360 on its side, I never need to clean my discs and there is no Sams Club near me.  Stop crying because i broke it? hahaha, what? I come on here just maybe to vent a little and all responses are uninformed and/or completely irrelevent. 
    waketowakekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By waketowakekid

It's just a rule I live by 

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By benitobb
    @ShaunassNZ:
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about, but 4 red rings also is also a hardware problem.
    waketowakekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By waketowakekid
    @benitobb said:

" @ShaunassNZ: Yeah, I know what you're talking about, but 4 red rings also is also a hardware problem. "

No 4 red lights does not mean hardware problems, 3 lights means the red ring. 

1 red light
     = hard drive failure / problem
    2 red lights = overheating
    3 red lights = (RROD) hardware problem
    4 red lights = AV cable connection issue    
    benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benitobb
    @waketowakekid: 
    If all four LEDs light up red the most likely culprit is the AV cable.  The code displayed simply states that the Xbox console cannot detect the AV cable.  This can be due to a number of different reasons, from overheating to cable failure and even simple loose connections.  This error is relatively rare and even less frequently problematic.    So again, I had 4 red lights, troubleshooted and still had to send it in, which they repaired probably beacuse it was a hardware problem of overheating which messed up the AV connection.  I don't even know why you want to go on about this when it's completely irrelevant and you're speaking nonsense again.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

PS3 and PC is the way to go friend...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.