Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

(spoiler) LOSB - eeerm

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whipperdasher

just finished the DLC lair of the shadow broker... pretty damn good, loved the skycar chase...

totally missed what shepard said to liara before they got freaky tho, does she have a bun in the oven? did he say "this" or kids"

glad they put this in cant wait for 3!

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nirokogaseru

Yeah Skycars!

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Teclo

The skycar chase was actually the lowpoint for me (still a very high lowpoint), but only because I was so damn confused and kept dying. It seemed to also checkpoint ahead of where I'd actually got to a few times. It was a great idea though. 

Anyway, Liara asks Shepard what happens even if they do succeed in their mission, as in, with them as a couple. One of the options leads to Shepard talking, in a light-hearted and jokey way, about them having "a few little blue kids running around". I assume that's what you heard.

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whipperdasher

yeah i heard that part, just after before they get jiggy with he says something about need a good reason and its either "this" or "kids"... tho the more i think about its probably "this"... ahahah. 

yeah the skycars were probably the lowest point, still didnt expect it at all. What was your favourite point?

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @Teclo said:

" The skycar chase was actually the lowpoint for me (still a very high lowpoint), but only because I was so damn confused and kept dying. It seemed to also checkpoint ahead of where I'd actually got to a few times. It was a great idea though.   Anyway, Liara asks Shepard what happens even if they do succeed in their mission, as in, with them as a couple. One of the options leads to Shepard talking, in a light-hearted and jokey way, about them having "a few little blue kids running around". I assume that's what you heard. "

You can die in it? I would have driven much differently if I knew that.  I held the boost the whole way; I even hit a few cars for fun... oh I was lucky... but even if that was a low point, it was a low point as the stratosphere is to the ionosphere.
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teclo

Ah well, I was using "die" in a general, gaming sense. You don't die, you lose her and then it quickly reloads to a recent checkpoint, like in Halo. None of those horrible, lengthy loading screens that ME is pretty famous for. As I mentioned, this made it confusing because after I got jammed into a wall and lost her, it would say "Lol you suck, try again" (or something to that effect, but that's what it felt like) and then reload me ahead of where I actually had just got to. It got to the point where I was doing what you did, just boosting like crazy - but in my case, crashing all over the place and losing her - but to no real avail because the checkpoint system is so generous.

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whipperdasher

hahaha well i combined boosting like crazy and crashing all over the place... and still somehow did it first time. Shadow broker fight was pretty easy thought id die in that but sort of breezed through it!

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teclo

Yeah, in some ways it reminded me of the first boss fight in Metroid Other M, if any of you have played that. It's very structured and based around triggers. Like, boss does something, someone says "Press X to hurt boss" and you just do what they say... With little bits of more frantic shooting in between. Makes for an exciting if slightly easy boss fight. It may very well be frustratingly hard on Insanity, though. I can imagine him OHKOing you.

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whipperdasher

yeah thats true, it takes the feeling of achievement away from the boss battles. i loved how shepard just ran and tried to beat him up, this massive monster with a shield yet alliance trained shepard out boxes him. the future rocks.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By InKtOiD

Could you imagine little a Blue Barrymore running around in Mass Effect 3?

For those who don't understand I always thought Liara looked a lot like Drew Barrymore, only Blue

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Your Shepard and Liara did the dirty? My current imported Shepard wasn't love buddies with Liara so I was wondering if anything changed had they been together two years prior.

The dossiers on the left side of the lair were killing me with laughter--as well as a few of the videos in the back. Grunts web history, and Legions gamer profile were fantastic.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InKtOiD

It's bizarre that even if you ended your game with Ashley as a romance in the first game. Liara is still the one who fights to bring Shepard back.

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teclo
    @InKtOiD: Maybe because Ashley believes in Our Lord Who Art In Heaven and all that, so even if she knew she could bring Shepard back, she'd be against it. Like those religious maniacs who let their children die because they're against blood transfusion and other surgical procedures. More likely, she just didn't realise there was a way of bringing you back or that the Collectors were after you. Liara is very good at collecting information and seems to really be in the loop whereas Ashley is more the type to just nod at orders and seems to believe whatever her superiors tell her, even to the point of thinking that you're now a bad guy, taking the Alliances word over the word of the man she supposedly loves. She really does seem like the kind to show up at your door at 3AM and say "God told me to skin you alive", to quote a certain song.
    InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InKtOiD
    @Teclo: 
    That could be a likely possibility. Then again I never really liked Ashley. Eyes were always half closed and she had something arrogant to say. I let her die in both of my games lol
    But again I think that is possible. She believes in duty above all other, she makes that very clear in the first game so it's a good indicator as to why she forsakes her friends so easily.
    kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By kickinthehead

The exterior of the Shadow Broker's ship was awesome. I still have to go back and finish reading all the dossiers (it was almost 3 AM when I finished :P )  

My Shepard might be a Paragon, but he's kind of a slut. Miranda and Liara are probably going to be real confused come ME3. I wonder what the different iterations are of that one bit of dialogue where Liara mentions being interested in (for me it was "Ms. Lawson's low cut jumpsuit").  I wonder what the dialogues are and if that line even exists if you haven't completed a romance with someone. Would be pretty awesome if she got even more hurt if you're with Tali considering they know each other.

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sixdemonbag

Did anyone else's skycar chase drop the music?  Other than that I got my moneys worth out of it.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @Teclo said:
    " @InKtOiD: Maybe because Ashley believes in Our Lord Who Art In Heaven and all that, so even if she knew she could bring Shepard back, she'd be against it. Like those religious maniacs who let their children die because they're against blood transfusion and other surgical procedures. More likely, she just didn't realise there was a way of bringing you back or that the Collectors were after you. Liara is very good at collecting information and seems to really be in the loop whereas Ashley is more the type to just nod at orders and seems to believe whatever her superiors tell her, even to the point of thinking that you're now a bad guy, taking the Alliances word over the word of the man she supposedly loves. She really does seem like the kind to show up at your door at 3AM and say "God told me to skin you alive", to quote a certain song. "
    Why do I get the feeling your not really talking about Ashely...
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teclo
    @nirokogaseru: *whistles innocently*

To be honest though, Ashley's character really does embody that kind of person. When I first saw her in trailers and other promotional material I thought she was kind of hot, but then I also thought she had short hair rather than a bunched-up ponytail. Add in her xenophobia and it ends up making her seem like the kind of person who spraypainted "Nuke them all!" on her pickup truck during the Iraq war.
    SquadBroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By SquadBroken

I had a female Shep and although I did get jiggy with Liara in ME1 it looks like lesbosis has been eradicated from ME2.

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teclo

No, they do have sex. It just doesn't bother with a sex scene. Not even a "two corpses in a tumble dryer" style sex scene, as seen in Dragon Age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.