Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Start from PC load or PS3 new?

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By zero_

So, I've only just started Mass Effect 1 a few weeks ago and I am loving the hell out of it. A place in Australia is doing a sale for PS3 copies of Mass Effect 2 for super cheap (... well, for Australia). I was wondering, should I get Mass Effect 2 on the PC and continue from my load, albeit at a more expensive price, or does the PS3 version's comic do justice to most decisions you make in ME1 that I can just start ME2 on the PS3? It's also much more comfy to play... what do you guys reckon?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

I liked the comic but heard that there were a LOT of micro-decisions that weren't even mentioned that could potentially have a very subtle impact on Mass Effect 3.

However, the PS3 version does come with all of the DLC.

Xsheps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Xsheps

Depending on your PC hardware definitely the PC version.  PS3 version has some known technical issues/glitches.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully

I would just stick with PC. If your computer can run it at good settings then I dont see why not. But if you are doing everything at low and don't mind carrying over your decision through the comic on the PS3 version then go with that. Either way you are going to end up playing a great game.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zero_

Yeah my PC right now is rocking Mass Effect on low, so I don't expect it to look good on the PC at all, so I was leaning towards the PS3 version actually. Oh, that's cool that the PS3 version has all the DLC, I think I might go for the PS3 version then... had a look around at the technical issues with the PS3, and they seem to be resolved apparently. Alright, cheers guys!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty
    @Zero_ said:

So, I've only just started Mass Effect 1 a few weeks ago and I am loving the hell out of it. A place in Australia is doing a sale for PS3 copies of Mass Effect 2 for super cheap (... well, for Australia). I was wondering, should I get Mass Effect 2 on the PC and continue from my load, albeit at a more expensive price, or does the PS3 version's comic do justice to most decisions you make in ME1 that I can just start ME2 on the PS3? It's also much more comfy to play... what do you guys reckon?

PC all the way. Being able to import Mass Effect 1 saves makes it a much better experience. The comic misses a lot of stuff and you'll miss a fair amount of references from characters in the second game.

Plus I wouldn't be too surprised if the PC version on low at least equals the quality of the PS3 version. Either way though I'd take slightly inferior graphics if it meant I could have the complete experience.

I should also add that Steam sales are on for another 5 days. You might see Mass Effect 2 show up incredibly cheap.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By chrissedoff

ewww ps3 version of mass effect 2

Towers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Towers

@Ygg said:

@Zero_ said:

PC all the way. Being able to import Mass Effect 1 saves makes it a much better experience. The comic misses a lot of stuff and you'll miss a fair amount of references from characters in the second game. Plus I wouldn't be too surprised if the PC version on low at least equals the quality of the PS3 version. Either way though I'd take slightly inferior graphics if it meant I could have the complete experience. I should also add that Steam sales are on for another 5 days. You might see Mass Effect 2 show up incredibly cheap.

It was $5 on D2D last week.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By time allen

pc save for sure

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlasherMan
    Mass Effect 2 for PC is $12 on Origin. As said above, it might also show up on Steam at some point in the ongoing sale.

If you prefer playing this game with a gamepad though, get it for PS3. Bioware has been pretty adamant about removing the 360 controller support from recent PC versions of their games (though some community members managed to restore it to semi-working order in ME2).
    zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero_

@filthreaper: Hmm, that sounds alright. Did you play ME1 on the PC and load your save over into 2 when you did the PC play through?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

I'd say watch the Steam sales first, then make your decision if it doesn't show up.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By PhatSeeJay

When NPC's related to the first game comes up and greets you depending on the choices, you feel like you accomplished something. You miss out on a lot that wasn't related to the big choices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.