Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

STILL no female turians, quarians, krogran or elcor

graniteoctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By graniteoctopus

dammit bioware, i thought you go that extra mile and put in at least ONE female of those races. granted there was one female krogan but you never actually saw her. bloody hell
    Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Liminality

Please... don't tell me that Tali is a male...

Other than that, I agree with you, I want to see how the female Turians and Krogans are.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By mracoon

Maybe they just look and sound the same. Just because human males and females have different characteristics doesn't mean it's the same for aliens. That's just a guess though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

How do you know you haven't seen any female elcor?  And, the Asari should have taught you to move beyond your Earth-centric view of male/female procreation roles. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

I was dissapointed in the lack of seeing a female Krogan (not counting the one you "see" on a mission).  ME1's Codex says that the lack of female Krogans on other planets is because they are kept at home and trying to have as much offspring as possible.  In ME2, we freakin' go to their home planet, and they still aren't anywhere to be seen.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

The Krogans have a logical explaination, they simply won't let you see them.  Female Krogan are far too valuble to let aliens observe them.  Salarian females I believe also have a logical explaination for not being seen, something to do with their breeding cycles... it is in the codex.  The Turians make sense though, Garrus mentions a female Turian in their military so they shouldn't be rare.  I am glad we got to see male Quarians in Mass Effect 2, even if we still really haven't seen any Quarians.  I would like to see both sexes of each species in the future, either with DLC or in ME3.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By frankxiv

there's a mission to help a female quarian in the citadel, one that isn't tali

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dtat

There's  female Krogan standing around the shaman. At leasty I'm pretty sure it's a female. She sounds just a little bit different, but they look pretty much the same.  

We've seen all kinds of female Quarians, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.
    Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
    Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer

I think you meant Salarian, not Quarian. We totally see lots of Quarian of both genders.

Elcor probably aren't real distinct so I don't care. 

Krogan, I can sort of believe them being hidden away in a special camp somewhere, whatever. 

Salarian females are equally as rare and are treated as royalty so that writes them off

But as for Turian..... that's the one that bothers me, I'd really like to see the female counterpart. Especially with the fact that their culture considers both sexes equal. They serve in military positions just the same.

edit: Ohhh, also the Volus. Not a word written about their females?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Atlas

Some good points are made in this thread, but there really is no reason for no female Turians. They're prevalent in pretty much every corner of the galaxy.

So all those crying at Obama for cutting back on NASA funding, don't be so eager to get up into space. Turns out it's a real sausage fest.

dismalatrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dismalatrophy

There is a dead female Krogan in ME2 but she's covered by a tarp lol

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Mrnitropb

The bachelor party turian bitches about there being "few" female turians on the Illium.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking
    @Chocobo_Blitzer said:
    " .  edit: Ohhh, also the Volus. Not a word written about their females?"

I'd be okay with never see another male Volus... I want to punch 'em in their iron lung everytime I hear one pause mid sentence to breath through its mouth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.