Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

What bonus powers can Shepard get?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Andorski

I read that Shepard can get some of the some of the powers that you unlock for your squad members after making them loyal.  Now, are all the powers you unlock for your squad members available for Shepard to get, or is it just some of them?  Also, are there any other ways to get additional powers?

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

You can only get one power at a time. I used Warp Bullets, Slam and later settled on Barrier, since keeping Shepard alive was my primairy concern. I'm an Adept and I do not know if these powers change with each class.

theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By theWarren

Does the squad member need to be in your party for it to work?

Verno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Verno
    @theWarren said:
    " Does the squad member need to be in your party for it to work? "
    No.  They just need to be "Loyal" then you can train it using the Research Terminal in the Tech Labs on the Normandy.  Only one ability at a time but any points you spend in a bonus ability can be reallocated to a new ability if you choose one.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Oh so the bonus powers you get are related to which characters are loyal?

I didn't know that.  I just unlocked my first one.  I only have Miranda loyal to me so I was able to unlock her Slam power.  Guess that gives more incentive to make other teammates loyal to you even if you aren't gonna use them.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By withateethuh

The powers you can gain are the same bonus powers that your squad mates unlock after they become loyal.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @handlas said:

" Oh so the bonus powers you get are related to which characters are loyal?  I didn't know that.  I just unlocked my first one.  I only have Miranda loyal to me so I was able to unlock her Slam power.  Guess that gives more incentive to make other teammates loyal to you even if you aren't gonna use them. "

Plus if they aren't loyal, either they'll probably die, or someone else will die, or you'll fail and you'll die. So yeah, its somewhat optional, but expect people to die if they aren't loyal. I.E. they might not back up someone under fire, and that person dies permenantly in the endgame.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By spazmaster666
    @withateethuh said:
    " The powers you can gain are the same bonus powers that your squad mates unlock after they become loyal. "
    The only exception is Samara, who can potentially unlock two bonus abilities if you go the renegade route at some point during her loyalty quest.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas
    @wh1terav3n said:
    " @handlas said:

" Oh so the bonus powers you get are related to which characters are loyal?  I didn't know that.  I just unlocked my first one.  I only have Miranda loyal to me so I was able to unlock her Slam power.  Guess that gives more incentive to make other teammates loyal to you even if you aren't gonna use them. "

Plus if they aren't loyal, either they'll probably die, or someone else will die, or you'll fail and you'll die. So yeah, its somewhat optional, but expect people to die if they aren't loyal. I.E. they might not back up someone under fire, and that person dies permenantly in the endgame. "
    eh?  You mean in the storyline or are you just saying during gameplay?  Cuz I've been sticking with Miranda and Jacob pretty much the whole game even tho I've collected all the other teammates.  I'm missing one person....dunno who it is because the Illusive Man hasn't given me a mission to go get them.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By maxszy
    @handlas: Definitely...plus honestly...their stories and missions associated with getting them loyal are awesome. While they are much shorter than any actual missions, they are longer than just a random side mission and provide much depth and insight into your character. I've got 5 squad members loyal now and all of their missions have been fun, exciting, unique, sometimes a little disturbing, and overall top notch missions. I would highly suggest getting to know your characters to get them loyal.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gosukiller
    @handlas said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:
    " @handlas said:

Plus if they aren't loyal, either they'll probably die, or someone else will die, or you'll fail and you'll die. So yeah, its somewhat optional, but expect people to die if they aren't loyal. I.E. they might not back up someone under fire, and that person dies permenantly in the endgame. "
    eh?  You mean in the storyline or are you just saying during gameplay?  Cuz I've been sticking with Miranda and Jacob pretty much the whole game even tho I've collected all the other teammates.  I'm missing one person....dunno who it is because the Illusive Man hasn't given me a mission to go get them. "
    Don't worry, you will find your last teammember in the main story. I'll spoil it if you are curious.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

So, I've been asked by Miranda to go and save her twin sister... is this how I get her loyal?

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gosukiller
    @Napalm said:
    " So, I've been asked by Miranda to go and save her twin sister... is this how I get her loyal? "
    Yes. Every teammember has a request for you. Fulfilling these requests will make them loyal to you.
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By wh1terav3n

@handlas: I mean storyline wise

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.