Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

What makes me mad about all this ME2 media.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

So I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect. I have logged over 175 hours on the first game with 4 different characters and one unfinished one. I bought and read both of the books, and loved them. I am beyond pumped for this game and I am undoubtedly going to pre-order it once I get the mon-mon. 

I'm such a huge fan of the story that I literally don't even want to look at any footage or interview or new article about it because I want the whole experience to be new. I don't want to go in the game thinking "Oh, it's that part from that video", you know? I seen the Thane part and I'm kicking myself in the teeth for it. If you're like me, and you don't want to know about anything, I'm going to say what I seen in the article in the next paragraph. Just a heads up.

But I came on the net the other day, and I noticed two things - One article talked about how Garrus is back, which I guess I didn't really mind because I knew he was coming back (not to mention he's my favorite character) but also that The Collectors would be in the game. Now I didn't even read or click on the article, it was right there in the headline. This really pissed me off because to me, that would have been a great surprise, especially after learning about them in the books. The books didn't make it obvious at all that they would be featured in the games, but a freaking article headline on a website did. 

So yeah, I'm kinda peeved how I'm learning so much about the story from all this media. AHH. Does anyone else feel the same?! 

Another thing, THE COLLECTORS ARE IN THE GAME!!! YEAAAAA

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By KamasamaK

For me, the hardest part about avoiding coverage for a game is listening to podcasts. Even when there's warning of talk, you rarely know how far to skip ahead. I can also see the problem of spoiling headlines, but I'm not sure I've encountered that yet, or if I have it's far less often.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Not about this game in particular (I played a bit of Mass Effect and it just didn't click with me for whatever reason, I like RPGs and FPS games, I dunno) but I hear what you're saying. It sucks when you're watching a dramatic scene and suddenly you know what's going to happen next because you saw it in a trailer. That's why when I go to movies I usually leave to go to the bathroom when the trailers start.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By asurastrike
    @xyzygy said:
    " So I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect. I have logged over 175 hours on the first game with 4 different characters and one unfinished one. I bought and read both of the books, and loved them. I am beyond pumped for this game and I am undoubtedly going to pre-order it once I get the mon-mon.  I'm such a huge fan of the story that I literally don't even want to look at any footage or interview or new article about it because I want the whole experience to be new. I don't want to go in the game thinking "Oh, it's that part from that video", you know? I seen the Thane part and I'm kicking myself in the teeth for it. If you're like me, and you don't want to know about anything, I'm going to say what I seen in the article in the next paragraph. Just a heads up. But I came on the net the other day, and I noticed two things - One article talked about how Garrus is back, which I guess I didn't really mind because I knew he was coming back (not to mention he's my favorite character) but also that The Collectors would be in the game. Now I didn't even read or click on the article, it was right there in the headline. This really pissed me off because to me, that would have been a great surprise, especially after learning about them in the books. The books didn't make it obvious at all that they would be featured in the games, but a freaking article headline on a website did.  So yeah, I'm kinda peeved how I'm learning so much about the story from all this media. AHH. Does anyone else feel the same?!  Another thing, THE COLLECTORS ARE IN THE GAME!!! YEAAAAA "
    Guess what, every living character from ME1 will be in ME2, playable or not.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rowr

stop watching the footage

just dont click on anything that says mass effect 2 on it, although i bet you just cant help yourself right?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @Asurastrike: The Collectors weren't in ME1, and were mentioned briefly in the second novel.

@Rowr: I don't click on it, and I don't watch the footage anymore after the whole Thane thing. BUT IT'S SO HARD!! I guess that will just make the game better when it finally comes. I kind of sound like a religious, celibate girl awaiting her wedding day. PS except I'm a guy
    Gota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gota

I think that reveals such as Thane and the Collectors are minor.  I guessed that Cerebus would be in ME2 after the game, and after reading the books, I guessed that the Collectors would be too.  Neither of these reveals were a surprise for me.

The fact is, ME2 will have a really compelling plot, regardless of whether or not you know who Thane is or what the conflict is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.