Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

A question/also, what ass sides with the Krogan ?

• 53 results
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Akyho

@Zirilius: I didn't do synthesis as I saw it wasn't right to the order of the galaxy and more so to force the decision on everyone and everything. The reapers are forcing a more brutish method on all sentient life by crushing them up and creating reapers out of them, its a more sophisticated and not as brutal.

Aswell as you force this new state on EVERYONE. Its an awfully big change and if you do keep you self consciousness something I wasn't too sure about as you become a hive mind much like the Geth. Could people stand it? and if we do maintain a certain amount of individuality much like the Geth. Then what stops a whole new un explainable un imaginable conflict occurring?

Aswell as personally I see we should go through the motions and learn to adapt if we are to become such a state. We dont need to adapt too much with the Reaper knowledge as the Reapers and Shepherd AI already know how to use and also police using it. Society just needs to adapt to accepting it....if anything Reapers in my mind would become an galaxy wide version of the Keepers. People cant control them can interfere with them and yet they do the job so perfectly.

This allows people to live as they would without a direct influence on their lives. Unlike Synthesis were its forced and changes everything.

On the basic terms it was so radical I couldn't figure the true Pros and the true cons.

I wanted the walk away option on the original however I became so enveloped in Control when Extended cut came I didnt do it...well i did by accident. I still feel good about my decision.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By KevinK

@Akyho said:

@KevinK: @yinstarrunner: I take the Krogan Empire idea as a joke and Eve looking at you saying "he dosnt mean it...he is just being annoying." In the way a wife would.

If that set you over the edge then jeez you both were realy not secure with Wrex and Krogans.

Its not wrong however its now right...its a choice.... and it simply shows how people have done the same story and came out with completely utterly different impressions which lead to different choices.

The same can be much said as with the end of the game. I chose Wrex to lead the Krogans and cured the genophage trusting Wrex to guide them, one man/being has changed the course of nations in the past.

I utterly trust Wrex.

The end of the game you choose Control,Synthesis or Destruction.

I chose control, I have been similar discussions with people over the ending. Many saying "Destruction is the only option!" with the very rational reason saying "You cant trust Shepard to not be corrupted by the Reapers or the change to AI, once he is this Hybrid you cannot guarantee he wont change."

What alot of people seem to have done it go for a guarantee. You are Guaranteed with the Genophage in place the Korgans wont be a problem, however the Krogans never become whole as a people and events continue as they have done and slowly dooming a race.

The Pros are good and the Cons are "acceptable"

I chose to cure the genophage leave the hands of the Korgans in Wrex's guidance to a better galaxy with Krogans a fair and justified people. With the great risk that dosnt happened even under Wrex and they just wipe out most of the galaxy...it not going to happen like that...but its a strong possibility, Id say if anything a war with the Krogans.

But the Pros if it goes well are huge! and the Cons if it goes wrong are Huge!

When at the end I took a gamble.

People chose destruction which annihilated the reapers and everyone is left to pick up the pieces with a high death toll and annihilation of ALL AI's. You are guaranteed that AI's like the Reapers or Geth who have been aggressors for hundreds of years. You guarantee they will never be hostile by eliminating them entirely and we all learn the lesson AI's must never be constructed or else they rise upon you.

I took control. I am not guaranteed the reapers will be docile I am not guaranteed the Geth will be in peace. I am not guaranteed Shepherd will be the perfect controller for the Reapers allowing them to rebuild in the galaxy in no time and accelerate the galaxy safely to a higher technology and a a truly peaceful galaxy. and I trusted Shepherd would do it.

The Pro's are if it goes right insurmountable! the Cons if it goes wrong. are.....insurmountable!

I took chances and gambles, people took certainties. I didn't take gambles simply for the sake I took a educated risks, I eradicated the Rachni Queen in ME as I didnt think it could be trusted and another great war happen.

The same can be said about Krogans but under Wrex I believe we can end that fear. Under his Brother....pffft nope it wouldn't go well, there is almost not Risk more simply certainties it will go bad.

So some people strife to keep the same, I strove for better at great risk.

Why would you trust Wrex? He's an awesome character, but he's always put himself above Shepard's objectives. In the first game, he kills Fist no matter what you say, and he even considers turning his back on you on Virmire. And when the Turians and Humans are dying by the millionload, he puts the Krogans head of everybody else in the galaxy.

That, plus the comment about the Krogan empire were enough for me. Wrex will do whatever he thinks is good for the Krogans. And hypothetically, 20 years after they save the day from the Reapers, the Krogans have their cure and Krogan females are popping out babies by the litter - that may mean wiping out every other species. My Shepard wasn't going to save the galaxy from the Reapers just so we can fight the Krogan in another generation.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Akyho

@KevinK: Fun fact: I am Scottish. The Scottish people, way of life and culture have been ravaged by the English for over a thousand years. Its only the last two hundred years we have been settled.....by their occupation of us.

So maybe I feel a kindred spirit. And why shouldn't Wrex look out for his people? All the other races do the EXACT damned same! Wrex was a stranger when you first met him so why should he listen to you? and virmire? his people could have been cured of this horrible affliction except under soren. Why you can convince him to let it go.

Why should him looking out for his people be a bad thing? Your looking out for the Humans yourselves. Maby its because the Korgans under Wrex conflicted with Humans? in which case why are you so different from him? You as Shepherd are not all that different from Wrex. No matter what choices you make your still their for Humans interests, Wrex is just the Korgan Shepherd. Garrus isnt their for Turians, Liara isnt their for Asari, The only other close promixation is Tali and she is just trying to help and once the Geth situation is sorted, the Qurians are still fine.

Wrex has the fate of the Krogans on is shoulders just like Shephered. Just because it goes against your wishes dosnt mean Wrex and the Krogans are bad and should be wiped our on controlled. Fuck Solarians and Turians have done more wrong towards humans and the constant racism!

It may be lost of Americans and other cultures that haven't been oppressed or almost wiped out in the Past. While I dont feel the same level of oppression my ancestors did, we still are not wholly equal. 80s with Margaret Thatcher can attest to that! Britain is ruled from London. and Scotland's very far from London. Its only this last decade we got our own parliament back and allowed to govern ourselves to a point.

So maybe I feel a certain kinship.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.