Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Advice on Switching Platforms

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TIEfighter77

So I have a dilemma. I have logged in over 100 hrs of Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Xbox 360. I have preordered ME3 for Xbox because that is where I started it. But I have been playing PC a ton more since then and want to switch over. I'm afraid that I would be missing out if I switched though because of choices carrying over. Thoughts?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

I would cancel the pre-order and wait until you see if new players can make choices before starting the game.

sf2733

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sf2733

Would like to hear the responses on this one, im going through pretty much the exact same situation.

iamLEG10N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iamLEG10N

I'd just keep the xbox pre-order. Even if they have a thing at the beginning where you can make choices of what happened in the first 2, it won't have all the little choices in it.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By face15

I bought ME1 and ME2 during the Steam Summer Sale and intend on playing them again some time soon before ME3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By 137

@sf2733 said:

Would like to hear the responses on this one, im going through pretty much the exact same situation.

You can get 1 and 2 for dirt cheap on pc, along with the DLC packages. I'd HIGHLY recommend playing through 1 and 2 again on the PC and prepare yourself for part 3. I think I want to do another run through as a female renegade shep. I already have a paragon male.

Either way PC is the BEST platform for mass effect hands down, it looks a million times better and plays 100 times better and load times are damn near non existent.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

I am in a similar situation. I actually considered rebuying the first two games on PC, but I really don't have the time to do a THIRD ME2 runthrough. Unless you do, I'm pretty sure that we are both stuck with the 360 in this case.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mirado

@TIEfighter77: @sf2733: Use a save editor. Shouldn't be too long before one is out (They came out quite fast for ME2), and it will let you set up the exact choices you had from your other playthroughs, as long as you remember what you did.

That's the most elegant solution I can think of.

TheWadeBrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheWadeBrigade

If you don't want to replay 1 and 2 there are websites that have save files from the first 2 games and you can just download one that had the same choices you made and import that.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By zero_

Keep the 360 order - even though the carry-over over from 2 to 1, 3 carries over from 2 AND 1, so it might be a lot better to have a held over save

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Liber

Stop feeding this guy bad information, why the fuck would you tell him to keep the 360 order ? god.

@TIEfighter77: Just download a savegame editor for ME2 and then import it to ME3 when it comes out.

Or even a better solution, just replay ME1 and ME2 and refresh your experience.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time allen
    TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TIEfighter77

Time constraints are my biggest problem. I'm in Battlefield 3 constantly, Skyrim is coming, and then Old Republic. The link above may be the way to go. Thanks guys!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mikemcn

@Toms115 said:

just gonna leave this here http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Just use this, you can download any combination of choices from previous mass effects and start where you left off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.