Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Extended cut out on the 26th!

• 57 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@JeanLuc: Kaidan's not in that wallpaper... nope.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By sean2206

I guess I'll get around to it at the weekend but, ooooh same day as Dawnguard.

I didn't have any huge problems with the ending like many other people but I just hope we get to see the far-reaching consequences of the endings and some kind of closure to Shepard's and his squad's personal story as well as the overall story. It was just so abrupt and blunt even a fallout style slideshow would suffice, which as far as I know is pretty much all this is.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Roger778

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how big the download for the extended cut is: almost 2 GB. Also, I know the ending will still be unchanged, but it's reassuring to know that Bioware is going to extend the ending and make things more clear. What has caught me off guard though, is that you have to replay the two last missions on the Cerberus Base, and the final Earth Assault. I wasn't expecting that.

Overall, I look forward to trying out the extended cut sometime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yay I'll get to hear everyone argue about the ending for another 3 months, I can't wait...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#55  Edited By alistercat

@Roger778: Pre-rendered video is big, so it could be almost nothing for 2GB.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Lukeweizer

@wsowen02 said:

@Phatmac said:

The ending is Mass Effect 3's least concern honestly. That game has quite a few problems, some being the awful journal and a stupid flash game with little reapers chasing you on the galaxy map. I still hate the ending and will continue to after this dlc. It just felt off from what the franchise had originally done, it honestly felt like an intern came in and wrote an ending at the last second. I'll check this ending dlc out, but I doubt that it'll change my feelings on a disappointing conclusion to a franchise that I really loved. Anyway, I don't mean any ill will towards ME3 and the people that like it. I'm over the debacle and honestly wish that they just left the ending as is since it seems that they don't get why the ending was so bad. That and most gaming sites taking the side of Bioware for some reason. If people want to know why the ending is wrong on many levels I implore you to watch this video which clearly explains peoples problems with it.

Agreed. Unfortunately the awful endings have overshadowed many of the game's other issues, the amount of auto-dialogue and the lazy fetch quests being the most obvious. As a result, the bigger story, that of the press (save Giant Bomb) ignoring all of these issues and in fact, DEFENDING BioWare, has gone completely unnoticed.

I didn't enjoy anything but actual Story driven missions. I didn't even bother the N7 missions or fetch stuff. It really killed my enjoyment of the game and caused me to lose interest a couple times.

Having just finished the game the other day, I can see the hoop-la about the ending, but just don't care. Game endings are hard to do and I can probably only count on 1 hand the number of good endings I've seen. Basically, every ending to every game is ruined for me because Red Dead Redemption was so damn good.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By jillsandwich

Most of the game kind of sucks. The ending was just the worst part.

Maybe the DLC will soften the blow a bit, but at this point, I kind of don't care anymore. There's other shit that I care about a lot more in video games now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.